It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New design and pc-users.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I fully understand that these days many people use tablets and phones to surf online. I and I'm sure many others use a pc. As such this new design doesn't work at all. Fonts are way too big. Loads of empty space. This is just not pc-friendly at all. Can we at least get an option for a pc-friendly layout?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Can you post a screen shot?

We've had a ton of members (you were invited, as all were) testing the site for nearly a week.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Now that I can find "my posts" I'm a happy clam. I'll test out the functionality on my phone and iPad later tonight...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The site looks fine for me using Chrome, haven't tried it using any other browsers yet.

Definitely more "Jobs'ish" looking, however.

link   
I do not like the new site at all I think it looks hideous. I will not be using my tablet for this site anymore at all. I really think they should leave the old one up with the new one and let the user select which one they want to use.

link   
The only thing that bugs me is that the box where your post is should extend to the bottom of the avatar like it did on the old one

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Theres a gap between posts ^^^^^^^

link   
Gah... please change the damn smilies.

link   
while i do agree it is somewhat goofy compared to what we are used to.

I'd say give em a little time to settle it down.

I'm sure the guys have a plan for there solid PC based members.

personally, the new shiny look, while is visually appealing, kind of detracts from the theme of what the site is about, i guess what i mean to say is i miss the grungy dark looking "conspiracy theory feel".

Its all just to shiny and new to be a conspiracy theory related site now hah.

but hey that's just my 2 cent worth.

Muzz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

desertguy
I do not like the new site at all I think it looks hideous. I will not be using my tablet for this site anymore at all. I really think they should leave the old one up with the new one and let the user select which one they want to use.

At first I thought it was ok, but the old one was better, imho.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The font is gigantic. The old one was perfect. Also sorry I skipped the test cause I hated the change on the first go around

My monitor resolution is 1920x1080.
edit on 5/9/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

yeah thats the same on mine too bud,

alot of space, and yeah i have to agree the smileys are about the only hidious thing so far
.. see what i mean
DOH

Muzz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Doesn't work on my iphone at all! All i get is the ATS logo!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OMG if there's no ribbon then at least make the new topic pages automatically update.
It's like all the functionality of ATS that I actually used has now disappeared.

*curls up into fetal position*

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don't mind the changes in ATS I have been through many in my years as a member, but the new trend of adding all the "APPs" and links to what is for me useless site like Twitter, facebook and your tube among others is what gets to me. I do not subscribe to any, I don't even connect to the internet with my phone, that is what my Laptop is for.

Sorry to say that I will never, ever, belong to any social media is a matter of security issues, and that ATS is the only board I post when it comes to issues I care the most.

I agree with you the page lay out is too big, too bulky and is a lot of empty spaces in between.

But I still like changes and will never rob anybody from having their technical site enhanced.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What is my oddly calculated karma score?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
+1 for the old layout. The old firehose section was a much better alternative to this new look. Could you please keep at least the old firehose page format around, because many of us used it regularly. The newer version of this requires way too much scrolling to view the same amount of threads vs. the old trusty firehose page.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is where it shows most easily. On the old design you had 3 times as much topic visible at once.

This may look nicer and more tuned but the old one was more ergonomic.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not one to complain about forum format changes. Many times it's for the better.

This however looks considerably worse. Not very PC friendly. This site was built on PC users I'm surprised ATS is catering to those on tablets/phones.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When visiting the site (not logged in) the empty space at the top of each thread fills the whole screen. Once logged in it isn't as bad. I dont think this is attractive to new visitors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join