It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we vulnerable to an invasion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Some people need to know the difference between an invasion and an occupation. China could invade the US, sign a peace treaty which grants the PRC some type of monetary gain, and leave. Similar to the French and Germans with the Versailles Treaty.

With what force? Where? How transported and supplied?

Give us one realistic scenario of an invasion attempt using the capability they have today which wouldn't be quickly repulsed.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes, we are vulnerable, IMO. A few strategically placed nukes in major cities, and the US would be in complete chaos, leaving opportunity for an invasion.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Im going to run down to my local Post Office at lunch today and ask them this question....See how the real "heat" would handle an invasion

That's a good one!!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If China sent 500 million troops over here they would be blown up before they even touched our soil. We would be able to spot before the were 10 miles off their coast.

Are we vunerable to attack? Yes, without a doubt. Invasion? It would take such a large mobilization of troop that we could spot it and take care of them before they could ever reach our coast.

I really think any planes or boats coming in would be able to be shot down or sunk so quickly because we are able to mobilize our forces at the drop of a hat.

The only possible scenario that I could imagine is that terrorists could take over a small area with hostages.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well if nothing else I admire your confidence Build. Here is another question. What is the capacity for armed troops in submarines?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If the PRC could gather a coalition, invasion would be quite simple. But without it....much more difficult, but not impossible.

Seizing major oil supplying areas would be a first step....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
enomus

All American pride put to the side. You said; Are we vunerable?? Hell yeah, go do the math. North Korea alone out mans us and "China" hate to say this but actually is more technologically advanced then we are. Stop being ignorant and letting your pride stand in your way. We are not invincible and with our troops all 480,000 of them scattered, we are very much vunerable.

it has nothing to do with pride really, i'm just being realistic. remember how much trouble that little country called vietnam gave us?

but back to being realistic...china cant use their entire military force to invade us and leave their country undefended...what route would they take to invade us and from where? do you really think a force that large would go unnoticed? do you have any idea how many gun owners there are in the US? on top of that, do you have any idea how much money china has invested in the US?

again, i'm not saying the US is not vulnerable to attack, but an invasion is just not feasible.

also, to whoever talked about nuking a few major US cities before invading...if that happened, the first foreign solider to step foot on our soil would lead to his entire country being nuked in retaliation. again, it's just not feasible.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Big difference between Nuking somebody and an invasion, I thought this post was about invading/occupying, not nuking.

Guys, ill state it again: Its not the ability to fight, its the ability to get to the US intact enough to fight. We have a geographical location thats imensly benificial to home security. If we shared a boder with a hostile nation it would be another argument.

As far as US citizens having no guns dont fool yourslf. We got them, we have plenty. What do you think would happen if the local news reported an invasion? You think that I would have any trouble getting a gun within 30-60 minutes? Its not that we dont have them, its just that not everybody has them. I.e. the number of guns is plentifull, but the distribution of them is not 100%. That would change very quikly if it came down to it. I dont think there is one American that doesnt know at least 5 people who have gun COLLECTIONS, meaning multiple firearms.

Anyways, you will NEVER see a war of this nature in the US. Im not dumb enough to say that we cannot be attacked, but a conventional war/invasion of the mainland US is very, very unlikley. Again due to the nature of the assault required to do it.

How many of us Americans have ever seen a SAM site in their nieghborhood? How about a machine gun emplacement? Not a one. No anti aircraft guns, so missles or Phalanx cannons. Why is this? Doesnt that mean we are weak? Other countries do it, why arent we? Because we dont need to. It doesnt take minutes to get to the US, its takes hours and hours. And all those hours are very tightly monitored and analyzed.

Its simply very very difficult to succesfully attack and isolated, imbedded enemy with extremely formidable abilty that knows your coming almost as soon as you leave...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The US relies heavily on imports for its energy, so if you could seize these areas, you could economically cripple the US. Simple really

Then just wait for the civil disorder to set in

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We are in ABSOLUTELY NO DANGER OF BEING INVADED. PERIOD.
Here are some reasons...
1. We are geographically isolated from our enemies. Because we are so far from any threat, it makes a surprise invasion virtually impossible.
2. Our intelligence would easily spot any troop build up that would be large enough to pose a threat to US security. We would have plenty of time to repel an invasion.
3. None of our enemies could finance an invasion of the US. The only country in the world with a military capabile of invading the US is China, and they cant even feed their own people, let alone finance an invasion of the most militarily powerful nation in the world. Even if they wanted to, our vastly superior navy would destroy any invasion fleet that they could muster.
4. The enemy knows that invading the US would bring swift and devestating retaliation from the US forces. Within days, every major city in the invading country would be flattened. No country could withstand the massive damage to their economy that would accompany such an attack.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The US relies heavily on imports for its energy, so if you could seize these areas, you could economically cripple the US. Simple really

So now we're extending the definition of "invading the US" to include any and all attacks on any part of the world which supplies material upon which we depend economically?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
China could do it, but the supply lines would be across the Pacific, and that would be a problem for the Peoples Republic.

Now as you stated that China is building a cargo port in the Bahamas, and it could be possibility to ship massive amounts of arms and supplies and drop ship them to a desired location and use as a resupply point once the invasion was under way.

Hell, one could even ship troops in these containers, drop them off at port or a railhead and use this as a spear for the initial invasion.

Yes, I think it could be done, the initial invasion, but China would have to preplace a whole bunch of supplies to pull this off.

The way our National Security is right now with the Port and Border patrols under staffed, yes it could work.

Good topic!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by x_y_no

So now we're extending the definition of "invading the US" to include any and all attacks on any part of the world which supplies material upon which we depend economically?

If you read my earlier posts you will see that i stated "first step". It would make sense to first attack American economic interests abroad, and THEN launch an invasion.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Volkgeister]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Now as you stated that China is building a cargo port in the Bahamas, and it could be possibility to ship massive amounts of arms and supplies and drop ship them to a desired location and use as a resupply point once the invasion was under way.

This is exactly what I am speaking of. That on top of the fact that China owns BOTH ends of the Panama Canal. From what I understand, China has a pretty decent fleet of Submarines. I truly believe that although unlikely, it is certainly a very real possibility

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dont fool yourself about the Panama canal. Thats our puppy still no matter what you hear and read about. Lets just say that no US vessal will ever have an issue passing through that cannal...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Agreed Skippy, my point is simply that it appears that China is Truly setting the stage for future options.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
We are in ABSOLUTELY NO DANGER OF BEING INVADED. PERIOD.
Here are some reasons...
1. We are geographically isolated from our enemies. Because we are so far from any threat, it makes a surprise invasion virtually impossible.
2. Our intelligence would easily spot any troop build up that would be large enough to pose a threat to US security. We would have plenty of time to repel an invasion.
3. None of our enemies could finance an invasion of the US. The only country in the world with a military capabile of invading the US is China, and they cant even feed their own people, let alone finance an invasion of the most militarily powerful nation in the world. Even if they wanted to, our vastly superior navy would destroy any invasion fleet that they could muster.
4. The enemy knows that invading the US would bring swift and devestating retaliation from the US forces. Within days, every major city in the invading country would be flattened. No country could withstand the massive damage to their economy that would accompany such an attack.

I don't think you're in touch with reality. No country is safe from invasion. First of all, you're assuming that the reason behind the invasion would be to take over the US. This isn't necessarily so. Second, you're assuming that nukes or E bombs wouldn't be used to disable our communications and electronic equipment. One our technology is crippled, so is the entire country. America is not invincible, by no means. We rely on our technology to keep us safe. Everyone knows technology is never fool proof, and even less invincible. In the case of an actual invasion, you'd probably first notice that many electronic things just stopped working. Phones would be dead, power plants might cease suddenly, etc. Anyone with half a brain would know that you don't just invade the US without crippling our communications. Once communications are down, for the most part, we're pretty much wide open. Who's going to give the command to launch nukes if they can't even communicate with the silos? How are fighter jets going to fly when their electronics stop working? Don't fool yourself.

Read about E bombs....

www.popularmechanics.com...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Americans will protect America? With what guns?

The vast majority of Americans are anti-guns and are for more stricter gun laws so there goes a ready loaded American society.

That WAS a joke right?
There are 10s of millions of just legal guns, who knows how many more illegal or unregistered. Then if we were invaded do you really think people would still be anti-gun? Or our gun restrictions would become greater?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
China is looking to the future, a large untapped area of natural resources.

South America.

She is last area in the world that is unspoiled, and South America is mostly undefended.

Minerals, Oil, Lumber, Seafood, Medical products from the rain forest, the list goes on.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My wife is Chinese (no joke). Ill ask her if she knows anything... Maybe hook us up with the real dirt...

Actually, now that I think of it, she has already invaded and occupied this American family
So, YES!! Its possible!

[edit on 12-11-2004 by skippytjc]

[edit on 12-11-2004 by skippytjc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join