It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sends warships to Mediterranean: Interfax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Russian sends warships to Mediterranean: Interfax

www.nbcnews.com

Interfax news agency quoted a source in the armed forces' general staff as saying a missile cruiser and an anti-submarine ship would arrive in the coming days because of the "well-known situation" - a clear reference to the conflict in Syria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.news.yahoo.com
www.military.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
edit on 31-8-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wonder if this puts a time limit on Obama's intentions?
When the Russian ships arrive will this limit the US's ability to strike?
Do the Russian ships have the capability of stopping the cruise missiles?

I only have questions, as this situation continues to droll on, it seems that Obama's intent to strike at Syria's military infrastructure is losing its purpose.

Well the POTUS is about to speak in the rose garden in a few minutes, I guess we will see if his position changes.

X

www.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well its been along time since the last good navy battle. 1983 falklands I beleive so guess it time to see if all those billion spent on warships are still worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom

Do the Russian ships have the capability of stopping the cruise missiles?

They might stop some of them, but they aren't really anti-missile ships. One of them is, as stated, and anti-submarine warfare ship that hunts subs. The other is more of a strike ship, designed to launch large numbers of missiles, both anti-ship and land attack.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm wondering. Am I the only one who would like to see Russia give America a little knuckle wrap? If the States attacks Syria and Russia attacks back, would you be mad?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I seriously doubt any cruise missiles will be launched if the Russians are going to make an appearance.

The chest thumping is almost audible way over here in Wisconsin...

Thup Thup Thup Thup Thwap.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to be on a boat in the Mediterranean, surrounded by hostile countries with navies and silkworm missiles. It's quite the bottle-neck any sane person would avoid being in if one could.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

The Silkworm against a VLS equipped Aegis is about as overrated as you get. Even the Sunburn against SeaRAM is matched pretty nicely.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does Syria have the time to get Russia to help it set up some "Iron Dome" like missile defense system....

I just can't imagine how telegraphing the exact attack can produce an effective result.

And yes, I think that if the Russian ships get there when the attack begins, that they outta shoot the missiles down....if they can

Not because I want to see a war start, but because this strategy that the POTUS is using, is stupid!

edit on 31-8-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

It would take weeks to move a system like that into place. NATO "rushed" Patriot batteries to Turkey and took about a month to get them there. Add in training to operate it, and you're looking at a couple of months minimum.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

There's also a similar thread in World War Three- called "Breaking:Russia sending warships to the Mediterranean: report" link

enjoy...

edit on 31/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Well thank the mod : ----------------- as I posted this thread originally in the Breaking Alternative News Forum....and it has since been moved here.
Which I don't see how it belongs in the WW3 Forum, if anything it would belong to the M.E. Forum

But...since this thread has been relocated out of its intended Forum...I guess your statement is completely valid.

X
edit on 31-8-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: I guess I don't need to name names

new topics

top topics

join