It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Israel so Quiet right now of all Times???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Israeli's are getting their gas-masks, But if they are afraid of chemical weapons as used in Syria, shouldn't they need bio-suits too.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

What gets me about this awful situation is that I suspect the main instigator of this is sitting someway away in their luxurious surroundings enjoying the sun with no need for gas masks or bio-suits or the worry of it on their borders.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
To be honest I think Israel is quiet due to Netanyahu having told Obama to sort out Iran or else. Something like "mr President we've kept on about Iran for some time now and nothing's been done to stop their nuclear development. Now you are going to have to sort Iran out, or we ate going to have to do it ourselves and that will probably mean nuking them." Syria will need taking out before the USA can takeout Iran

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Jacob (Israel 1948) will not be strengthend by Israel (America 1776) action per the WORD OF GOD (Isaiah 17).
If America cries "Peace and Safety" after this action, my advice to everyone is to leave this place. I feel that we are headed towards the narrative of chapter 6:12 through 17 of Revelation with this whole thing. I sure hope I'm wrong about this. Please pray that you may be counted worthy to escape. You know I love you. God bless.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why is Israel so Quiet right now of all Times???

Simple. If the Muslims are all busy killing each other off .. then they aren't trying to kill the Israelis. So Israel just sits back and is quiet so as not to bring attention to themselves. Keep all the attention on the Muslims and not on Israel. It's a good strategy on their part.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thats a GREAT question considering the fact that they've been ordering the US non stop to attack Iran and Syria for the past few years.

Polls: Israelis want US, Europe to attack Syria, but against IDF intervention.

edit on 31-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yep just one more reason that it is odd that they are so very quite. You would think with this perfect opportunity before them, we would be hearing a lot more. Not to mention the fact that they have seemed to of made the untrusted list with the very countries they want us to take care of. Seems there would be a major denial or something at least.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Originally posted by freedomentered
Quiet because it doesn't want war.

Quiet because Israel "wants the war" but doesn't want to fight in the war...Better to have the Goy spill their blood !!

Like in all previous wars Israeli had.... Right. The usual anti-semitic hypocrisy.
Why would Israel be interested in war on its Syrian border, that will most surely escalate to Lebanese and Gaza ones,only to change weak stupid Assad that has connections with to Iran for strong pro-Hamas fundamentalists with connections to Muslim brotherhood in Gaza,Egypt,Jordan and West Bank.
But thinking ahead must be a bit hard with all the hatred clouding the judgement. Look at who openly speaks against Assad and wants him removed in the region,educate yourself. Its Turkey, league of Arab nations, Muslim brotherhood and co. those are not Israeli friends.
So trying to not get involved in that is the best thing to do. Joining in attack to remove Assad only to get even worse neighbor is madness.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Let me say right off the bat, that I am totally neutral on the thought I am about to present. I am not trying to state a pro or con Israel stance. Just a observation I have made.

Many of us have been trying to fit little pieces of this whole Syria puzzle together over the last few days, and I suppose in all the reading I have done this is one of the things that have stood out to me.

We are all familiar with the fact that usually when the left hand is making a lot of noise, we should be watching the right hand. I think we are pretty aware of the noise makers by now. Britain, France, and of course the USA. We have also heard bits and pieces from other countries. The thing is, who haven't we heard from really?

For example only a few days ago one of the things stated was if America attacks Syria, then Israel will be the first to be blown off the map as retaliation. You would think we would have heard a lot more from Israel about that. A major defiance or a little chest thumping at least. Yet all we have really heard is the fact that the people are making a run on the gas mask.

Then I noticed at least from yesterday, but it may have been the day before this article, which kind of surprised me that it never showed up on here:
"Leaked documents reveal US sees Israel as a spying threat"
LINK TO ARTICLE HERE

Two snippets from the article:

A secret budget request obtained by The Washington Post from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden lumps Israel alongside U.S. foes Iran and Cuba as “key targets” for U.S. counterintelligence efforts. The document suggests Israel does not believe U.S. assurances that its interests are aligned with Israel's on crucial issues such as Iran and peace talks with the Palestinians.

and this:

“To further safeguard our classified networks, we continue to strengthen insider threat detection capabilities across the Community,” reads the FY 2013 congressional budget justification for intelligence programs. “In addition, we are investing in target surveillance and offensive CI [counterintelligence] against key targets, such as China, Russia, Iran, Israel, Pakistan and Cuba.”

Is it just me that finds it a little odd that Israel is oddly mixed in with the likes of those other countries of one not to be trusted? Hmmm....

Now all the sudden we have Britain bowing out of the game and America plunging ahead even though they know one of their key allies have been point blank targeted.

Like I said in the beginning I am neutral as far as Israel goes, but lets face it, they have been a bit of a pain in the butt as far as world affairs go at least to some people.

Could this actually be the nine yards way of going to get too the actual foot? Or, the actual target???

I realize I am going way out on a limb here, but still, it is running around in my mind and Im wondering if it has occurred to anyone else as well, or at least, just another snippet of the puzzle.

it wants war alright(referring to 2nd post); it just wants others to do its dirty work for them. remember the zionist creed--"by deception shall you make war".
so britain bows out?? but have they moved their warships out of the area?
any crap about U.S. seeing israel as a spying threat is just that;crap. israel runs the U.S. anyway. its all smokescreen. israel is never quiet, you just cant hear them. they will, i expect, nuke damascus, after they are attacked.
edit on 31-8-2013 by orangutang because: extra info added

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Simple the Israelis arent stupid they know the fight in the middle east is between Saudi Arabia and Iran.Why do they want to stop this its to there benefit when these two are fighting then they cant focus on the Jewish people id bet the Israelis are hoping it escalates as long as sunni and shia are fighting keeps the terrorists busy.

One more thing dream come true for Israel just think Hamas is fighting in Syria. There not spending money on killing Israelis there sending fighters to a civil war in another coutry talk about a huge win win!!!
edit on 8/31/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly. What irritates me about some of the posters here is the fact that they keep stating that Israel will not fight for itself, but will allow others to do so. Everyone in Israel is ready to fight. They all go through the military. They are more ready to fight for their county, most of them being born there. They did not choose to be born in the middle east, but they will defend their country. Man, I am so tired of the Israel hate and the Bush hate. Funny thing is.....Im a new age Hellene

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
'MoBama will step back and cite his own personal creed of "peace" to (re)gain legitimacy in the eyes of his far-lefty base.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SammyB0476

Really? Is that why Israel keeps setting deadlines for the West to stop Iran's nuclear programme and when the deadline passes, does nothing?

Of course, that only goes to prove that the West acts independently of Israel and exclusively to serve its own interests and all these Israel/Jewish conspiracy theories are BS. Western actions in the middle east that benefit Israel are a coincidence.

That party may be over and the West may be ready to dump Israel. All this rhetoric against Syria looks like a trap being set for Israel. The initial "proof" for the Syrian government being responsible for the chemical attacks came from Israel. Suppose while the US vessels are waiting in the seas for orders to bomb Syria, one of the vessels is hit by a anti-ship missile and sunk. Suppose amidst the great indignation expressed in the US for a swift and complete annihilation of Syria in response, it is "discovered" that the missile came not from Syria, but from Israel, what would the consequences be? Of course, it is not necessary for either Syria or Israel to sink a US vessel, US is very much capable of doing it itself as long as a much larger objective can be achieved. Unless the Israeli ruling class are idiots, they should be aware of that possibility. I doubt they have any defences against such a strategy and which probably explains their silence at this point.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by SammyB0476

Really? Is that why Israel keeps setting deadlines for the West to stop Iran's nuclear programme and when the deadline passes, does nothing?

Of course, that only goes to prove that the West acts independently of Israel and exclusively to serve its own interests and all these Israel/Jewish conspiracy theories are BS. Western actions in the middle east that benefit Israel are a coincidence.

That party may be over and the West may be ready to dump Israel. All this rhetoric against Syria looks like a trap being set for Israel. The initial "proof" for the Syrian government being responsible for the chemical attacks came from Israel. Suppose while the US vessels are waiting in the seas for orders to bomb Syria, one of the vessels is hit by a anti-ship missile and sunk. Suppose amidst the great indignation expressed in the US for a swift and complete annihilation of Syria in response, it is "discovered" that the missile came not from Syria, but from Israel, what would the consequences be? Of course, it is not necessary for either Syria or Israel to sink a US vessel, US is very much capable of doing it itself as long as a much larger objective can be achieved. Unless the Israeli ruling class are idiots, they should be aware of that possibility. I doubt they have any defences against such a strategy and which probably explains their silence at this point.

No unlikely scenario though i applaud the intrigue make a good book. The reason i say its unlikely is Israel has all ready attacked a us ship and well nothing happened. Ill refer you to the USS Liberty incident.

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy motor torpedo boats, on 8 June 1967, during the Six-Day War.[3] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 171 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[4] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][5]

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

No unlikely scenario though i applaud the intrigue make a good book. The reason i say its unlikely is Israel has all ready attacked a us ship and well nothing happened. Ill refer you to the USS Liberty incident.

I know about the USS Liberty incident.

The US is quite adept at getting enraged about past horrors, given a sufficient pretext in the present. Remember the US getting "horrified" about Saddam "gassing his own people" years after the event happened, but when the US was ready to attack Iraq? Remember the US ambassador to Iraq giving a practical go ahead for Saddam to annex Kuwait ("The US takes no sides in intra-Arab conflicts") and cobble a coalition to invade Iraq immediately after the annexation?

A claim of an Israeli attack on a US warship is immediately credible exactly because of the USS Liberty incident. When the US makes that claim, all the past misdeeds of Israel will be brought to the fore as if they happened just now.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They're probably just busy working out other ways to destroy humanity.
Not being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Let me say right off the bat, that I am totally neutral on the thought I am about to present. I am not trying to state a pro or con Israel stance. Just a observation I have made.

Many of us have been trying to fit little pieces of this whole Syria puzzle together over the last few days, and I suppose in all the reading I have done this is one of the things that have stood out to me.

We are all familiar with the fact that usually when the left hand is making a lot of noise, we should be watching the right hand. I think we are pretty aware of the noise makers by now. Britain, France, and of course the USA. We have also heard bits and pieces from other countries. The thing is, who haven't we heard from really?

For example only a few days ago one of the things stated was if America attacks Syria, then Israel will be the first to be blown off the map as retaliation. You would think we would have heard a lot more from Israel about that. A major defiance or a little chest thumping at least. Yet all we have really heard is the fact that the people are making a run on the gas mask.

Then I noticed at least from yesterday, but it may have been the day before this article, which kind of surprised me that it never showed up on here:
LINK TO ARTICLE HERE

A secret budget request obtained by The Washington Post from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden lumps Israel alongside U.S. foes Iran and Cuba as “key targets” for U.S. counterintelligence efforts. The document suggests Israel does not believe U.S. assurances that its interests are aligned with Israel's on crucial issues such as Iran and peace talks with the Palestinians.

and this:

“To further safeguard our classified networks, we continue to strengthen insider threat detection capabilities across the Community,” reads the FY 2013 congressional budget justification for intelligence programs. “In addition, we are investing in target surveillance and offensive CI [counterintelligence] against key targets, such as China, Russia, Iran, Israel, Pakistan and Cuba.”

Is it just me that finds it a little odd that Israel is oddly mixed in with the likes of those other countries of one not to be trusted? Hmmm....

Now all the sudden we have Britain bowing out of the game and America plunging ahead even though they know one of their key allies have been point blank targeted.

Like I said in the beginning I am neutral as far as Israel goes, but lets face it, they have been a bit of a pain in the butt as far as world affairs go at least to some people.

Could this actually be the nine yards way of going to get too the actual foot? Or, the actual target???

I realize I am going way out on a limb here, but still, it is running around in my mind and Im wondering if it has occurred to anyone else as well, or at least, just another snippet of the puzzle.

My Opinion on this whole war issue is this:

If all the war mongering stopped all of a sudden.
No anyone to fight.
No place to send our military.

Our Government would have to focus on homegrown issues.
That in itself would totally destroy the politicans Asses.
Just my opinion

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

LINK TO ARTICLE HERE

and this:

My opinion is that if all waring were to cease and all our Military were returned to home base.
Our government would have to focus on Home grown problems.
Then all the genius Government Officals would be in some really hot water.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomethingsJustNotRight
They're probably just busy working out other ways to destroy humanity.
Not being sarcastic.

And that's what makes this post so sad.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluesman1955

Yeah politicians worried about what happens at home hmmm on second thought that may not be a good idea either if you think about it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join