It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Hello Mr. Pope,

Thank you for contributing to our forum. What is your take on the Travis Walton alien abduction that happened in the 1970's in Arizona? I'm still sitting on the fence with this one....

Best regards,

Kratos

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Welcome to the ATS forum, Mr Pope. You have already mentioned the Calvine (Perthshire) incident, and that you had a large, poster sized copy of one of the photographs on your office wall. I assume that the shape of the craft was clearly defined, but were there any other details (lights, windows, antennae etc) visible?
edit on 27-8-2013 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Do you believe big private businesses and government agencies ever used alien technology?

If aliens are real, why do you think they hide from us?

(your opinions only)

Thanks
Theo

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Dear Mr Pope,

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer our questions. All of the answers have been very interesting so far. May I ask a question about us?

What is your opinion on the 'alternative' (or, like most would prefer to call it, 'nutjob') community? How about the amateur ufology community: believer, sceptic, neutral? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Why did MUFON investigator Joseph Jordan find over 400 cases where calling on Jesus ended the abduction phenomenon? If you are unaware of this, why?

see vimeo.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Something I've noticed in reported UFO encounters (any strange encounter for that matter) is that the experiencers report something messing with or otherwise manipulating their attention a fairly high % of the time.

-Have you noticed ufo reports mentioning attention manipulation?
-Do you know of and ufo report databases that are searchable by keywords (to search for the word attention)?
-Of the reports of alien technology you've reviewed, do you feel they might hint at an archetypal computing structure?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hi Nick ,I remember you saying that you had seen a photograph that had 2 Harrier Jump Jets in it and a black diamond aircraft of unknown origin . Do you think if that aircraft had became hostile, the two jets would have stood any chance ? And if not do you think we have anything that might?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thanks for being a part of ATS nick. At last, we have an expert who has the same thinking field as me. Hows Arizona by the way? I'm sure, you're a good friend of Robbie Williams

edit on 27-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
hello Mr. Pope

i hope this was not asked before, but i´m interested to know what you think of the "baltic anomaly" discovered by swedish treasurehunters in 2011.

recently the documentary about one of their expeditions to the object has aired in Estonia. it was confirmed that the swedish navy is involved and interested in the object.

thank you very much for taking your time to answer questions here.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What is, or was the MOD government stance and protocol in the event of a 100% proof UFO encounter. Is there a written procedure to follow.

Many thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just wanted to say welcome to the jungle

It is really cool you took the time to come post a bit here. I don't have time to read the thread now, marking it so I don't forget all about it

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hi Nick and welcome to ATS, as i am from Britain i am naturally intrigued by UK UFO cases, there is one case though that still has me very mystified and that was the "BOB TAYLOR" encounter in a forest in Livingston ,Scotland, To me this particular case bore all the hallmarks of a genuine account by someone who had no real motive for lying,attention seeking or money making, indeed Bob was a down to earth man who came across as someone describing real events that contained very high levels of strangeness .

!;Do you know if the UK MOD was aware of this case??,

2; did the UK MOD do their own investigations??

3; if so what was the official conclusions??

4;was there any radar data contributing to any "unknowns" in or around the vicinity or area of that part of Scotland that would contribute to Bobs claims??

Just one more question what is your take or views on the investigations carried out by the late Dr James E McDonald and especially his scientific paper he wrote and presented to a American Scientific congress entitled,"20 years of Inadequate scientific investigations on UFOs", would you say that the UFO situation never really had and still does not have a justifiable and fair scientific hearing and investigation it really deserves???

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Welcome Mr. Pope.

I am having many questions, but I am gonna ask you just some questions.Those questions will help me to change my point of view on UFOs.

As you said mostly some are : gases, balloons, and fake videos.
What do you think about ScottCWaring?
I hope you've heard his name.He is the owner of ufosightingsdaily. My first favorite website that made me to think once again that UFOs are real or not.Is he wasting his time on internet to make fake images and upload it on NASA(Very tight Security Website)?

My second question is, are you on any secret mission from British Government?
Maybe you're here to make us believe that there is no UFO and beside that you're making your army more powerful by reverse engineering your toys.Before you some CIA officers have said that the UFOs are real, and now you're saying they are not.NASA never said something on the UFOs that we people found in the images by NASA.

Is Apollo 18 a real story?

Why we never returned to the moon?
I know USA is a powerful nation, but UK is also.Why UK never returned to the moon?

What will you do If you meet an alien?

a) Talk with government.
b) Hide it with government.
c) Will reveal it.
d) Will hide it.
e) will join the aliens.

I am not trying to harsh anyone, not even its my right to harsh anyone.I love government if they love me.

Thanks !

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hello Mr Pope,

reading this forum I recalled an interesting topic relative to the South Pole. Just after the end of WWII American Naval forces went to Antartica for an operation called "High Jump". There has been quite a lot of speculation about this operation, especially in terms of UFOs. It is a fact that well esteemed Admirals (ie Forrestal) lost their lives upon revealing salient details of the operation. Do you confirm the existence of a UFO base in the South Pole? Is it true that access is strictly forbidden to everyone in a particular region of Antartica?

Thanks
Carlo
edit on 27-8-2013 by Juventus80 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mr. Pope!

Been a fan of yours for quite sometime (fan sounds kinda wierd). I guess I should say I've enjoyed your work immensely.

Anyway..., I'm glad that you mentioned the Rendlesham Forrest case as one of the top cases that still "haunt" you to this day. It's definitely one of if not my favorite cases as well and I still need to study it alot more than I have. From what I've read and seen on videos I believe that case offers the most credible evidence (although it's mostly eyewitness testimony), which I'm usually very un-moved by. But the rank of the officers and the detail of their accounts and the fact that there were multiple witnesses with very similiar testimonies make it a case where I believe something happened. Whether it was ET or a Black Craft who knows but there's alot of meat in that case.

I think good majority of "UFO" sightings that aren't just plain misidentification of regular craft or birds, or flares, lanterns ect. You know that good 10% that have something more to them... unfortunately, I think most of them are secret government projects. I mean if the US government were test flying stealth bombers and fighters in the 70's, and it's true that government technology is 20 to possibly 30 years ahead of what the public knows of or has, add to the fact that technology itself increases exponentially; one can only dream of the incredible technology the Super power governments of the world have at their disposal. It's frightening. Complete invisibility for aircraft is not out of the realm of possibilty imho. Drones the size of insects is quite possible actually probable. Weather manipulation ect, ect. It's an amazing time to be alive but also a scary one.

I used to be one of those believe most everything types, cause I wanted to. But now I'm more skeptical toward the idea that we are being visited/abducted and probed by aliens from another planet/Solar system/Galaxy.

I do however think we might be being watched (probably ever since our first Nuclear weapons test) just to make sure we don't do anything to blow a hole in space-time. But visited and impregnated to make hybrids.., I don't believe in that kind of stuff anymore. ATS has jaded me

But anyway welcome Sir, glad to have you here

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

A quick response . . . as a psychologist who's counseled, interviewed many PTSD blokes--I've met Travis personally and talked to him face to face. Travis is very congruent with what he asserts. My main frustration with his case is that he just doesn't remember a whole lot. No fault of his, imho. I'm convinced that he experienced what he asserted that he experienced. What all that included is far from clear. The basic sequence and outline is clear enough and very believable, imho.

I hope Nick comments on it but I'm skeptical that he will. And even if he investigated it personally, I just don't think Travis would have had much to add beyond what's well known about his case.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hi Nick, well I would like to ask you, Have you ever had your OWN UFO account.

Also What in your mind, is the most amazing find in the UFO feild. Communications, Crop circles, etc...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Nick, it is an honour to have you here.

My question is....

Of what nature are the implanted chips that were found at various locations around the body of people who claim to have been abducted and what purpose could they possibly serve in your opinion?

I do not believe in abductions by aliens to be honest but, that is a question that has been bugging me.

What is your take on this subject?

Thank you very much in advance.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Just wanted to say Thank You Nick for being here on Above Top Secret. It was a nice surprise find out you are taking questions.

My favorite story that you have covered many times is the Rendlesham Forrest event. I am particularly interested in the binary message that was received and interpreted as a location on earth.

Has anyone to your knowledge done any ocean mission to investigate what lies below at those GPS Coordinates?

Thanks!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join