It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Is this mic on? Tap-tap-tap

Hi Nick, Greetings

Would you be willing to entertain these two questions;

Which ufologist(s) peers do you most identify with? And why?

Thanks in advance, Cheers-

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mr. Pope
and thank you for joining in this discussion.

I do have a question concerning a UFO sighting that I witnessed with my step-son and my ex-wife in 2004 (we were married in 2004). I reported this sighting, a couple of years after I witnessed it, to MUFON in Atlanta, Georgia.

During the interview with the MUFON field agent, I was told that I was not the only person to have witnessed that particular incident. I was told that someone directly across the highway had also reported seeing the same thing that me, my step-son and my ex-wife saw.

It was a perfect black triangle with a single orb type light on each angle. It was enormous, completely silent, and moved very slowly. The MUFON agent stated that by my recollection and description of this craft, it was approximately a mile and a half across. He also explained that what I saw, was the same craft that many people described seeing in Phoenix, Arizona during the Phoenix Lights incident.

What can you tell us about this craft that might shed some light on what it was?

Thank you in advance.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hi Nick...quick 2 questions:

1. You said that out of all the reported UFO cases...only about 5 % are...interesting, but still unidentifiable.

So what kind of evidence, apart from aliens landing in front of you, would you consider conclusive ? I'm wondering what is the point of investigating UFO's when, after the cases are filtered from garbage, those 5 % that do indeed potentially represent "alien craft"...are rendered interesting but inconclusive.

My point is...we are sort of investigating the phenomenon, but no evidence would be good enough...unless all of us get alien/anal probed. No photo or video is ever going to be accepted as proof. You as an investigator, would never accept it as conclusive...how ever good it may be.

You've investigated Randelsham...and after everything that happened, and all the testimony...it's still..."interesting, but inconclusive"...

I don't know what conclusions you made in your soon to get published book...but I doubt you made conclusions that it was aliens/alien craft ?

2. My second question pertains somewhat to the first. Without going in to spoilers...Rendelsham...alien craft or "inconclusive"...in your opinion ?

Thanks
Mario

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hi Nick,

apart from UFO Cases and Sightings, have you ever met or know of people who you are convinced know much more than they were letting on? ie - other Government Officials.

Cheers, Grant

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi Nick.

You say you investigated up to 300 cases per year which implies more than one investigation per working day. What constituted an "investigation"? Did you ever get out in the field taking measurements, checking data, interviewing witnesses etc, or was it more a process of rubber stamping and filing of documents?

and

Many conspiracy theories arise following the death of anyone involved in UFOlogy. Morris K Jessup, Phil Schnieder, Bill Cooper, James McDonald, Jim Keith, associates of Steven Greer are some examples. What do you think of such theories and did any such "suspicions" arise following the death of Georgina Bruni?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Have you ever experiened first contact? Or any type of contact with non-humans consciousness?

Have you ever had an abduction expereince, or remember being taken to a craft of some sort?

Have you ever astral travelled outside of your body, also known as an Out of Body Experience (OOBE)?

Have you had a genuine sighting yourself; where the craft you saw was completely a mystery to you in terms of its origins?

If no to any of those questions; what do you think of those who say yes to all those questions?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hello Nick, welcome to ATS. How much do you think people like Obama and Cameron really know about UFOs and abductions?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I won't lie, I've never been a fan of you Mr Pope, its not a personal thing, I just think you post at the MOD has been morphed in to more than it was with the media and you were more of an administrator.

As for this ask me anything thread, well its become a bit of a farce because ask you anything has turned in to "I can't answer", "I won't answer" and "I can't answer about that" with more or less just general well known cases getting answers. Whilst I understand there may be area's where you can't go IF you were cleared high enough but most of it being avoided like the NSA Snowden stuff which you must have a personal opinion on, no one is asking you to pronounce as if its the UK governments word, they just want your views.

I'm sure the UFO circuit grants you a nice living and I imagine you may have got a fee for this but if all you can discuss is stuff that most of ATS is possibly more knowledgeable than yourself about then it makes me wonder what your purpose on the UFO circuit is.

As I say this isn't personal, I'm sure you are a lovely bloke and I wish you well but I'm yet to see what you offer to the scheme of things in a technical way, even for you repeating the words "In my time at the MOD" must become somewhat boring even if there's a fee at the end.

Again I repeat that I wish you well and good luck in what you are doing, I don't begrudge a man making a living.

Attn MODS: This isn't a TOC post, its just an opinion expressed in a perfectly decent manner which I think is fair comment.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by Philippines

I'm aware of Robert Bigelow, of course, but have never met him, or visited any Bigelow Aerospace facilities - or the Skinwalker Ranch! There are doubtless those who would point out that moving a program into the private sector takes it outside the scope of FOIA and further away from Congressional oversight, but I have no reason to believe this is the case here.

Whew, thanks for the response. After 10 pages in, I thought I was overlooked.. Glad I wasn't =D

I believe in the USA that people are directed to Bigelow Aerospace whenever they want to report a UFO sighting, and organizations like MUFON have been bought out by Bigelow. As you say, yes, the privatization of this research does make it seem like a black hole of UFO related information in the USA.

Is this the same case in your country now, where this research has become privatized?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You know I have mentioned in this thread to Mr Pope that I feel extra terrestrials are extra-dimensional. For some reason, when thinking about the subject, an interference magnification device comes to mind. No clue why or what this even is though... I am a tidge bit of a psychic and well, I feel compelled to mention this. Although i feel like an idiot for doing so. Can anyone here figure out how this could be related?

edit on 27-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

I'm signing off for the night, but will be back tomorrow. I apologize for not getting to every question. I'll dip back into previous pages tomorrow and will try to pick up some of the ones that I missed. Additionally, the moderators may bump up some of what they see as the more interesting questions that I haven't gotten around to.

Wow, still going strong? Amazing! We would certainly expect you to take your time and get some rest. Good night.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

First of all, thank you for coming to ATS to answer our questions. Of course, I've seen you on TV many times. You seem to be one of the more respected UFO professionals.

I'm going to risk cyber eyerolls, by bringing up one of my favorite "fringe" topics:

Did you ever investigate or interview someone who saw or was contacted by "Nordic" ET's (also referred to as Annunaki Blonds) ? If so, can you mention the case name or names?

Contact by Nordic ET's seems to be more common in Europe than in the US.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on the Phoenix lights? I was in Rocky Point, Mexico when this happened. If it was a true object flying in our skies, I wish it would have made a South Western turn toward us during the championship game.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hi Nick, it is really great to see you on this site! Here are my questions:

1: Free energy - This is the biggest gift they can give us, I feel it is being held back for world economy reasons ( i.e. it would collapse if there was no oil ) Is there any truth to this?
2: Why is EVERY UFO picture blurry? I get the feeling the aliens have some tech that prevents us getting good pictures / videos?

I look forward to see your reply!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther

Have you ever experiened first contact? Or any type of contact with non-humans consciousness?

Have you ever had an abduction expereince, or remember being taken to a craft of some sort?

Have you ever astral travelled outside of your body, also known as an Out of Body Experience (OOBE)?

Have you had a genuine sighting yourself; where the craft you saw was completely a mystery to you in terms of its origins?

If no to any of those questions; what do you think of those who say yes to all those questions?

Realize your post is addressed to Nick Pope but he's off site for now. Looks like you did not read the thread.

NP answered some of your questions. He has never seen a UFO or had contact. BTW, he also mentioned that he's an atheist. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
Nick Pope did not reply to my simple and straight questions.

1. What do you know about MIB?
2. Does any country have the capability to conduct artificial earthquakes and tsunamis?

Therefore, I conclude Nick Pope is a dis-information agent. I do not know about you guys, I will not be hearing much from Nick. Be careful Nick.

I'd say respect your fellow human before quickly trying to fit them into your theory of the world. Many questions were missed, if you were patient or read the thread you would have picked up on that as well.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join