It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LightUpTheWorld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
With things heating up around the world, in Syria, Egypt and elsewhere, I thought of a website. It's not much, but I think it could help people come together.

There are many of us who are sick of war. If there was a website we could go to and sign, saying we will not participate in war, then perhaps awareness can be raised of just how many of us out there are ready for peace.

The name I had in my head was LightUpTheWorld.org though it could be called anything. It could feature prominent people that have signed, as well as having a globe that would light up around the world showing where people had signed.

When the war drums start beating louder, and they try to use fear to prepare a population for war, I think knowing there are many out there on the side of peace could help. It takes people to push the buttons and be the cogs in the war machine that big money are waging.

What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in this idea? If anyone wanted to do something like this, it's all yours, and I'd love to help in any way I can.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blargg

The only issue I see is that we reside in a house that was built with this war machine. The very foundation relies upon it. We need something bigger than an online database of the various persons here who oppose war.

It is easy for people to turn a blind eye to things they do not want to see.

I am of the opinion we need the current structures we've built to collapse completely for any real change to begin.

Does the universe have a reset button?

If something severe enough happens that effects enough people simultaneously, perhaps those still "sleeping" wouldn't have a choice but to wake up.

God bless free will.

I am not bashing your idea, raising awareness is great! Maybe we are heading towards an apex in this timeline that will eventually push more people into the light so to speak. Sometimes I think that is why the world is the way it isn't (if that makes sense).

new topics

join