It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera America launches, sues AT&T

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yea, you know. I didnt even wanna bring that up. I think al jazeera was "bought" by the US a few years ago, maybe not officially but possibly bribed, threatened, threatened and then bribed.. as in take the money, dont report what we dont want or else..

That`s interesting, I`m sure it`s no coincidence that just a month a so ago the government announced that it was ending it`s ban on government propaganda being broadcast to americans.
I smell a conspiracy in the making.
A well known anti western propaganda news organization owned by the U.S. government and used as a tool to spread anti american propaganda.it would be the perfect tool to fan the flames of hate and gain the support of the american people in the governments next trumped up war against some third world country oil producing country, or Iran.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

If my TIVO decides to do a "suggestion" recording of anything on Al-Jazeera, I will drag it out back, remove the cablecard and shoot it like a rabid dog, and quickly proceed to bury it....

...then probably go to best buy and buy another one...because I enjoy TiVO.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Pebbly hut hu nows.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Is there anyway to still get the live feed.

You can search what is allowed.

Nothing to see there folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Holy smokes just clicked on the Huff-n-Puff All Al Jazeera!!!!!

Al Jazeera the entire page!

Are you kidding me?!?

Look at the address... It's a refined search for Al Jazeera on HuffPosts website. Of course the whole page is going to have AJ on it.

Failed point for you IMO

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Now why would I want to watch a channel that at one time allowed Al Qeada videos to be broadcast condemning the US? What has happened to this nation. I mean, why would a US citizen, a Former VPOTUS no less, sell this to an Arab new Agency and not one in the US. There were US buyers.

If the KKK decided to launch a TV station Al Sharpton and crew would be out in droves. If an American citizen or US company now decides to not sponsor or support, they will be called haters or racist.

Unbiased news? Really? Look up Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For one thing, Al Jazeera America is a franchise, and so far I've found them to be relatively unbiased, there's never going to be perfect objectivity but they seem to have a hardline stance for trying.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hate to say it, but I watched the channel, just to see what type of way they would spin the news, or try to present it. Surprisingly some of the stories Ive seen are similar to threads on ATS, and presented in a good and imo unbias way. Only spent about 20 mins though, but hey despite "who owns" it. They seem to be atleast trying to present actual news. They also asked for viewers to txt/call, and suggest what should be on. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ATS needs to get on that, and see if they REALLY want the viewers actual opinion on what to show. lol

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

So Americans should be placed on watch lists based merely upon their television news viewing?

You're pathetic. You would have been right at home in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.

God forbid if you found out your neighbour was watching Al Jazeera - you'd probably report them to the FBI.

Have you actually watched Al Jazeera or do you just have an intense hatred of it based upon your own prejudices and xenophobia?

I think Americans who watch Fox News etc should have a lobotomy, although frankly if they want to watch Fox News I'd imagine they've probably had one already.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

I respect your comment because you at least witnessed the actual productions. I'm not certain why the consumption of media need be tied to "patriotism" but then I suppose many might not think me one irregardless.

"Produced" news will NEVER be accurate. It need not be "filtered" the perspective of the reporter, editor, anchor, or spokesperson... if it is the truth it needs to be shared... too bad the culture of our governments no longer respects the right of people to know things.... and some are so well indoctrinated they want it to be that way ("You can't handle the truth!")

In the end these are private companies who cannot be compelled to take on contracts when they don't want to...

This is a civil matter which has nothing to do with the content of Al Jazeera beyond the general politically-expedient currency which can be extracted from it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The best way to deal with entrenched bias is not to emulate it. Some people need the comfort of certainty in their view of the world. Many have it (right or wrong is irrelevant.) If all America decides to make this cable channel their new favorite thing to hate on... it is their right.

Suggestion: reduce hatefulness in your replies... these same sentiments can be expressed without calling someone names.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Very true. Ill admit I started watching it on a bias slope, like "ahhh man what in the world, are they doing by starting a news network, on American tv with that name." Though like I said, that was the only 20 mins of network news, where I wasn't saying, "What a load of s***!" My guess is, they ARE using that name to draw in viewers, with me being an example of it working haha.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's just another agenda outlet pretending to be an unbiased source of pure news.

They are owned and run by people and corporations with agenda. It can't be escaped.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

FlyersFan
It can't be escaped.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

CSM. Just sayin'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's just another agenda outlet pretending to be an unbiased source of pure news.

They are owned and run by people and corporations with agenda. It can't be escaped.

Sighhhhhh. I guess Im not safe anymore lol. Though what I meant by unbiased, the few stories I watched (Especially the manning case) Was that they showed the video, showed what was happening between both parties, and left it at that. No opinion from the reporter, no shouting and yelling back and forth, just both sides of the story, and left it up to you, to decide for yourself.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One only need to search Google for the terms "Al Jazeera fake photos". There are dozens. Journalistic integrity? I think not.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Personally I am aghast at this Network being allowed to start a station in the USA at all.

I am even more pissed off they are already firing up the legal teams to sue for their perceived right to force a Network to carry their channel in it's lineup. Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

I will be sending a letter to Direct TV informing them of my no longer supporting their services if they choose to carry this despicable Network.

And yes, I mean despicable.

Below are some additional links to or about Al Jazeera.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

oh so you want to continue to disregard the constitution when ever it does not suit you....... we have to much of that already. I for one welcome another network... maybe that way you can have a better gauge of where the truth is.

You should be on a watch list yourself... you seem like some kind of a crazy zealot.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
Now why would I want to watch a channel that at one time allowed Al Qeada videos to be broadcast condemning the US? What has happened to this nation. I mean, why would a US citizen, a Former VPOTUS no less, sell this to an Arab new Agency and not one in the US. There were US buyers.

If the KKK decided to launch a TV station Al Sharpton and crew would be out in droves. If an American citizen or US company now decides to not sponsor or support, they will be called haters or racist.

Unbiased news? Really? Look up Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

The point is, you got to see it, from the source. When CNN, Fox and MSNBC obtained clips of this, I will bet you watched them there. There is really no such thing as unbiased news, from anywhere, but you can bet that there was no U.S. spin on this content, so if you really want to know more about how Arab's view America, this is about as close as you can get. Free speech, anyone?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No I don't support watch lists. *(that was sarcasm) I am just not a fan of Al Jazeera. Anyone that thinks they are unbiased reporting is suffering from delusions as there is no such thing. ALL reporting is biased, look it up. I would prefer not to have Al Jazeera broadcasting their biased crap in my Country. And in all fairness, we should not be broadcasting ours in theirs, the ones that let us anyway. Think about it? Does Fox News have broadcast news available to Iranians? How about Fox broadcasting in say Afghanistan? Feel free to

I don't think that was sarcasm. All your posts in this thread are basically anti-islamic rhetoric imo.

What does Al Jazeera have to do with Iran? Al Jazeera is based out of Qatar. The network is owned by the government of Qatar. Do you know anything about Qatar at all? Do you know that it happens to have a huge American military base? That it's one of the richest countries in the world? That it does indeed broadcast CNN, Fox to anyone who wants it?

Al Jazeera is certainly biased towards giving muslims and the middle east a voice. I really have no problem with that, especially given the regular factual atrocities committed by the western media in the name of promoting their own religion (money).
edit on 23-8-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

Geez buddy, you'll make a great fascist one day. Good luck in your anti-humanitarian efforts. God knows there's not enough patriots like you out there

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join