It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange man comes up to you in public and tells you he's your real Father????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Okay I got a scenario for you....

Lets say when you were growing up there was always the slight oddity in your parents. Like some slight things about how they met and the fact that you only look like one of your parents and topics they've avoided you thought was a little strange. But you didn't think all that much of it.

Then your an adult living on your own. One day you get a strange phone call. It's from a sobbing older gentleman who expresses they wish to meet with you for coffee to explain some things about how they know you from your childhood. You think the person is very odd but you reluctantly meet them.

When you meet them instinctively something strong clicks in your heart, as they explain how they are infact your biological father. And they explain how why they weren't able to be around when you were growing up. But that they want to try and make up for it and get to know you as an adult. And instinctively you know from everything they've said that they're not lying. When you question your real parents they spill the beans and reveal that the guy is your real father.

What would you do? Would you spend time with the real father? Or not? (this is just a hypothetical I thought up)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Anyone can be a sperm doner
a dad is the guy whom raised you, regardless of your genetics.

if the guy waited for you to be a full grown adult, then I would treat him like any other stranger...maybe have a beer, see if I can even relate to him on just a friend level, otherwise, meh, no real affinity or care. only curiousity I would have is any potential genetic risks for health and such, otherwise, its a stranger.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'd kick him in the gonads and see if it hurt me, if it did then I'd be sure he was my father...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It wouldn't happen. I am physically too much like my parents.

However, just for discussion, if a strange person came up to me and said they were my father, I'd get the DNA testing done and then check him out to make sure he wasn't a parasite. If he was an okay person I might 'make friends' or I might not. My life is fine as it is and I don't need a mommy or daddy at this age. I feel emotional attachment to very few people on this planet ... and I doubt I'd feel anything towards a stranger no matter what his DNA was ....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would probably do precisely what I told my actual father I would do if I ever saw him again. Kill him immediately.

You see, I didnt appreciate being born into a family which only had one, barely functioning parent in it. My mother, who was on anti-depressants until after I was ten years old, was the only one of my parents who was worth a damn, she actually loves me and my sister fiercely. My father wasnt absent in the flesh, but he was just so utterly removed from my mother, my sister, and me. His priorities were ensuring he looked good infront of his Mens Fellowship (a church group for the gentleman Christian), infront of the church, and infront of his work collegues.

He would do things that made our financial situation worse, and leave my mother to sort out all the paperwork, despite her having two kids and a mental illness to look after at the time. He didnt defend us from his mothers evil (so much of a cow was my grandmother on my fathers side, that she sent my mother barmy, and stressed her out so that her milk dried up, so she couldnt breast feed my sister).

For leaving THAT cluster*$£%?* behind, I would just up and kill the bastard. There are some things that require a proportionate response. There are some things which I consider an exception.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A strange man comes up to you in public and tells you he's your real Father????

Ask him, "Are you rich?"

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Something similar happened to a friend when she was 18 or 19. She was approached by a girl claiming to be a relative of her dad's. She had no idea the man that raised her was not her biological father. She would visit the "biologicals" as she called them, but the man that raised her is who she calls dad.

If it was me I would be the same. Maybe spend sometime with the person & see what they are like. Everyone should be given a chance, it's what they do with it that matters most.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a story for you:

once, back in the 90's, i was shopping for groceries. As I walked out of the store, i had a lot of bags.

I had noticed during the outing that this older guy kept looking at me, seemed to be following me. So you can imagine that it surprised me when I turned around to grab some bags from the cart, he was standing there. I said, "Hey....whats up?" hoping to get a response as to what he wanted.

He looked at me, almost tearfully, and said, "I'm your father". Since I have worked MHMR before, i immediately presumed it was just someone who was psychotic. So I said, "Oh Ok. Well, thanks" and went about unloading the cart.

He pressed on, "Your name is (he said my name), your mom is (he said my moms name), your birthday is (he said my birthday)....." He went on to accurately describe some facts about my early childhood that no stranger should know. So my interest was piqued.

I said, "oh yea? But i know who my dad is. He looked just like me". The guy said, "Well...your mom has a specific taste in men. Everyone she ever dated could pass as your father, to be honest".

This was all too weird for me so i went to get into my car. He reached over and grabbed my arm and (calling me by name again) said, "Wait, listen...." I kind of threw his hand off my arm and went to close the door. He then grabbed my leg as i pulled it into the car. He was started to raise his voice as he pulled on my leg.

Kinda like I am pulling on ya'lls leg.

top topics

join