It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP attacks Dartmouth students who threw 'Crips and Bloods' frat party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok, the NAACP, seriously need to get a life and stop crying wolf or in this case racism over every freaking incident involving white people and in this case a "theme party" based on the crips and bloods gangs.

link

“Our peers mingled for hours while dressed as bloods or Crips while using racialized language,” accused the letter, circulated on campus. “It then turned into a ‘ghetto party’ with racialized language, speech and dress. Over 200 individuals attended this racist and classist event.”

They say that they used "racialized language" and dress but Im betting that they used "gang and ghetto" language and dress.
Im really at a loss to explain why they will "rise" up against a gang themed party but they dont have crap to say to the gangs themselves.

"We are asking everyone to flood the bias incident account with our call for justice, right now,” reads the email. “[O]rganizations across campus will be mobilizing for further steps. Reporting with the above link is our first step toward meaningful changes.”

A call for justice? Lmao, is that their new rallying cry now for every little thing that gets under their pathetically thin skin?

Give me a break... I guess this is the new norm

BTW, this was not the national chapter of NAACP, it was the college chapter.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is incredibly racist. I don't understand how people can think this is okay. Good for the NAACP for having the courage.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

You signed up just now, just to say that?
Looks like the NAACP are actively trolling the internet looking for keywords

In that case, quit your whining and go after the real problems, like the gangs themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Yo yo yo NAACP why you all up in my homeboys grill? Bettah back dat junk up or we be gonna get crunk! Holla! (Oh no NAACP! I must be racist!)

Race is the most lucrative business in this day and age. People just LOVE a good racist witch hunt!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well good thing the Greeks weren't around to see our toga parties. Wow would we have had a heck of a backlash from the National association of gods.

It is far easier to attack others than to look internally and see your own problems. If they spent a fraction of the time fixing their broken communities vs. complaining, there would be nothing to be imitated.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Ok, the NAACP, seriously need to get a life and stop crying wolf or in this case racism over every freaking incident involving white people and in this case a "theme party" based on the crips and bloods gangs.

What did you expect? The NAACP is the FACE of RACISM!

They say that they used "racialized language" and dress but Im betting that they used "gang and ghetto" language and dress.

Here is the real question for NAACP apologists; how does this crybaby witch hunt advance colored people??

edit on 15-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

In that case, quit your whining and go after the real problems, like the gangs themselves.

Some sock account belonging to someone who doesn't have the balz to speak his/her mind!

MEH!

It's not worth a response!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Here is the real question for NAACP apologists; how does this crybaby witch hunt advance colored people??

Ive been wondering when theyre going to change their name to NAAAA.
I thought they considered the term "colored" to be racist and offensive?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
NAACP, SPLC, ADL, ACLU = ALL depend on "racism" or they wouldn't exist. The more racism they can trump up the better it is for business, and a lot of the top people in these orgs bring in big salaries. Doesn't seem right for something that's supposed to be for noble reasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Sharingan

Some sock account belonging to someone who doesn't have the balz to speak his/her mind!

MEH!

It's not worth a response!

Well, if you are right, I have a message for them:

You contribute to black people NOT advancing! With your racist, money rich organization doing nothing but spewing hatred against other races. You are the problem, get it?

If you truly had concern, and really wanted to accomplish something other then raising money for your rich executives, you would let other races join to help get out there and educate poor communities. Effective parenting to combat youth violence. Get the communities active and involved. Push membership in the PTA. Make school uniforms mandatory. Raise money for police substations in bad areas. Get people (aids) to monitor classrooms where students aren't learning. Etc... I have an entire laundry list. I may be white, but I could make a difference.

Instead of pushing your racist agenda, you could be pushing unity among races. Peace and love, not war. Your militant attitudes suck big time. How does this promote unity in races? IT DOESN'T!
edit on 15-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yeah, I'm not a member of the NAACP. I'm just a rational person that wants to see unity. In part, that means ending the practice of mocking other races. And in a place like Dartmouth, it does take courage to stand up and speak out against snotty, white privikegef kids mocking you.

And I am not an NAACP apologist. But in this case, they were absolutely right. The only defense of these kuds is to agree with their actions

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
reply to post by elouina

Yeah, I'm not a member of the NAACP. I'm just a rational person that wants to see unity. In part, that means ending the practice of mocking other races. And in a place like Dartmouth, it does take courage to stand up and speak out against snotty, white privikegef kids mocking you.

And I am not an NAACP apologist. But in this case, they were absolutely right. The only defense of these kuds is to agree with their actions

This is where you are wrong. Talking ghetto and dressing like a gang member isn't limited to just blacks. So it is my contention that the NAACP is being racist in profiling them as such. Since they are stating that only blacks do these things, just so they can stir problems between the races. I do have a point don't I?

And you know what else? I would not be against donating money to the NAACP, along with helping if they promoted unity and truly wanted to help vs. these outrageous accusations. Do you realize how many white, Latino, Indian etc.. dollars they are missing out on? All so they can push an agenda of hate vs. productivity?

Just think how much money they would get in donations? The NAACP only shoots themselves in the foot by keeping themselves segregated and isolated.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm not a member of the NAACP. I'm just a rational person that wants to see unity. In part, that means ending the practice of mocking other races.

That’s a good start….followed by not going after every clown mask and lip grabbing incident.

You don't end racism by creating policy that hoists one race above another. You don't end racism by holding your breath and waiting for older generations to die off. You also don't end it by telling people they're wrong, or close minded, or racist. The way you end it is by shutting the hell up about race and simply living your life color blind. Surely a bigoted organization with the sole intention of promoting one race and damning all others isn’t the answer. The issue is personal responsibility....we all need to live it!

NAACP….MEH!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No, "shutting up" doesn't help. Pointing out racism and then trying to educate people is the only way to bring acceptance. Again- this isn't about the NAACP. This is about a bunch of snotty, privileged kids mocking a race of people. They obviously need to be educated

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

No, "shutting up" doesn't help. Pointing out racism and then trying to educate people is the only way to bring acceptance. Again- this isn't about the NAACP. This is about a bunch of snotty, privileged kids mocking a race of people. They obviously need to be educated

No it was a bunch of kids having fun dressing up on the wild side. Did you get my previous message? You couldn't possibly have any defense to that.

And let me admit this also, I once went to a Mexican party and dressed up with the sombrero and all. It was a lot of fun! Was it a mockery? No! It was a celebration of the wonderful Mexican culture! Actually I think their culture is pretty kewl. But didn't some college kids get in trouble for this very thing?
Calling these types of things racist is a national disgrace!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes, shutting up does help. What I mean by “shutting up” is stop trying to interject a racial component into everything you dislike!!!

The second step is to live your life colorblind (and teach your kids to do the same)…that means treat all people equally and fairly; skin color has no bearing until idiots make it so!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good- you agree with me. Those frat boys should not have interjected the mocking of a race of people. They should have "shut up".

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I don't understand how people can think this is okay

Just this little thing called Freedom. You might have heard about it, maybe.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Good- you agree with me. Those frat boys should not have interjected the mocking of a race of people. They should have "shut up".

You will not even face me and admit that I am right.. Only a racist would say that only black people would do such things. So are you saying that you are a racist?

Buenos Noches senorita:

Gotta admit this is pretty darn good. Gotta turn the sub woofer up for this one. Oh yeah... Just added this one to my favorites.
Play this baby again!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Nice try but NO!

No matter how many laws or how much Affirmative Action we pass, there will always be racists….and racist come in all colors.

These guys were insensitive but they have a right to be bigots. Our only responsibility is to enforce our LAWS (which already protect people from racial discrimination) and be responsible for our own actions (and the action of our offspring).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join