It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP attacks Dartmouth students who threw 'Crips and Bloods' frat party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Blows the smoke off my white gansta gun and places it back in my holster. Looks like I blew this one out of the water.

edit on 15-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nobody is talking about laws or affirmative action. This is about racists being called out.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
when did gangbanger become an official race?

i guess the majority of people missed that memo. or just the ones with brains at least.

also, maybe if gangbangers would stop being so stupid and ridiculous, they wouldnt get mocked. well. blacks would still mock them if they cleaned up their acts and tried to go to school, get good grades, raise their kids properly and a real job that allows them to support their own family with pride. because for some odd reason, that is frequently mocked by other blacks. just look at what the majority of blacks say when a black person comes out as conservative. uncle tom, house 'n-word', sellouts and all sorts of other things. its all over the place, all the time.

but youre so right, these college students mocking a ridiculous and deplorable culture, ie the gang culture, not the "gangbanger race" is just awful. gangbangers should be able to be the uneducated, violent nuisance culture they are without any criticism! let them slang their rocks and shoot up the hoods they pollute with impunity! youre racist if you DONTgo buy drugs from them and support them!

it is disgusting how backwards and moronic so many people really are. even if the party people meant it to be as racist as possible, heres a thought. maybe the races that are mostly responsible for the gangbanging should get their acts together and knock it off? just a thought. its like somebody throwing a jeffry dahmer party and people getting pissed about it and supporting dahmer because the party people acted like murderous pedophile cannibals.

the world has lost its damn mind. well, at least the left side of the world has.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

There is nothing wrong with gangsta rap, or even dressing up as them for fun etc... It is when it becomes a lifestyle that it is problematic. What you need to realize is that there is a difference between the two. Just like children dress up as Spidernan during Halloween. But they should not be living the Spiderman lifestyle. The ones in the right are the ones who dressed up as gangstas for fun. The ones in the wrong are those that choose to live this lifestyle and shoot each other. This is a sick dangerous childhood delusion that destroys lives and needs corrected. Black, white etc... This needs fixed!

Energies need directed to the real problem at hand here.

edit on 16-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

You know what else? Seeing how poorly of a job the NAACP does, I am seriously thinking about creating my own non profit to compete with them. I will knock their agency into outer space and out of existence. Maybe this is what it takes is a little bit of competition. I need a name if so, but I am thinking about something along the lines of National Association For The Advancement Of All Races. NAAAR.

I bet I could do more for all poor communities, which would advance all races. We could start with the most poorest and blighted neighborhood, which would likely be Detroit. Poor communities adversely affect everyone that live there, not just the black people. Thus we would be living up to our motto.

Then I could have individual pilot programs that will need funded by donations. The first would have to be the police substations. My people would need safety to do their work, and the residents would need safety to congregate and get to know each other. Community.... I am all for getting everyone involved in PTA's, churches, clubs, etc...

But there are some parts to my agenda that don't cost a thing! We could spread out nationwide in no time! The first would be volunteer classroom aids. Not only will they be there to help, but to also rate the teachers on a weekly basis. If a problem is found then the school can audit the classroom themselves. If a problem is present, the teacher can be given the option of cleaning up their act or getting out of dodge. There are many wonderful teachers out there dying for jobs.

Heck on worrying about sponsoring expensive college educations for the rare few that make it out alive. Or the few rare ones that make it out of high school being able to read. Money is better spent making certain that they all know how to read. This is what equality is all about! Getting them on par with students in better communities. Then they will be prepared to compete for jobs to earn cash while going to college. And they can compete for scholarships. Equality! Not playing catch up with a select few!

And although politics would not be on my agenda, I would be 100% for pushing for state income tax in place of school taxes. Each child gets the same amount of money spent on them. If your districts constituents want to spend more, then that is your option.

You know, one day in college I faced my senator and planted the idea about a state income tax for education. And it worked! He actually listened to me and pushed for this! Except... No one else would listen to him.

Obama has it all wrong... You don't bring the ghetto to the better communities. You bring the better community to the ghetto.

I am done
Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
reply to post by seabag

No, "shutting up" doesn't help. Pointing out racism and then trying to educate people is the only way to bring acceptance. Again- this isn't about the NAACP. This is about a bunch of snotty, privileged kids mocking a race of people. They obviously need to be educated

Let me know when the NAACP gets out there in the Poor Communities and Starts to Educate the Gangs.
If it wasn't for Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Charlie Rangel, Obama and others,,, Who, Knows?

edit on 16-8-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I know this post could be considered off topic. But I feel that this is a solution to a problem that the NAACP needs to address instead of creating racial tensions.

I know my ideas will not be very popular here since I am for action vs. slugging racist insults around. But in my city we have gone through a transformation. Entire neighborhoods have been revitalized through the donations from businesses. I also think it is the responsibility of the state government to contribute to aging cities for this effort. Entrepreneurs also contribute by taking old buildings and transforming them. Once a neighborhood looks good, buyers are easy to come buy. Especially when offered incentives to invest in the neighborhood.

Pittsburgh should be used as a poster child for urban renewal. Over decades I have witnessed many parts of this city transformed. At one time, no one even wanted to live in the main city. Now we have apartments that sell there in the million dollar range. But don't get me wrong, we have all income ranges in our city. Which is how it should be.

PDF - Vacant to Vibrant a guide to revitalizing vacant lots in your neighborhood

Landscape Architecture students collaborate with urban Pittsburgh residents to spark neighborhood revitalization efforts.

Urban Renewal in Pittsburgh Landscape architecture students are reviving struggling neighborhoods, one vacant lot at a time.

There’s no religion involved in Landscape Architecture Professor Ken Tamminga’s Pittsburgh Studio, but he still compares the studio experience to a church service.

The course takes upper-class and graduate Landscape Architecture students out of their traditional studio space and into down-and-out urban neighborhoods in an effort to spark community revitalization efforts. “I emphasize to my students that the ‘studio’ is not just in the Stuckeman Family Building—it’s as much in the Pittsburgh neighborhoods as it is at University Park. It’s like a thriving congregation that understands ‘church’ is not so much a building as it is people involved in a common cause.

In the case of the Pittsburgh Studio, the “people” are the residents of the inner-city, low-income neighborhoods who work collaboratively with Tamminga’s students to address issues such as lack of green space, vacant lots and dilapidated buildings”

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Pimps and hoes parties are okay? making fun of prostitution, defamation of woman

What about guys and dolls? Defamation of woman

how about, Halloween in general? making fun of the dead?

Its a party celebrating whatever it is, with a theme - its not a party some how celebrating black gangs

totally stupid.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What is RACIST about it is that it glorified RACIST GANGSTER elements of the BLACK COMMUNITY. It was in very bad taste. Maybe they should have had a TUSKEGEE AIRMAN party instead?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

People do a lot of things in life that are in bad taste, especially college kids at frat parties but that doesnt always make them racist.
It seems that anytime white people do ANYTHING that has to do with a culture they are labeled racists.
For a prime example look at the school that tried to have a day that made fun of rednecks, instead of the rednecks getting offended, blacks got offended and called them racists

Give me a freaking break, they are going to end up pushing this to far but maybe thats what they want to begin with.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
reply to post by seabag

Good- you agree with me. Those frat boys should not have interjected the mocking of a race of people. They should have "shut up".

But....but....I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery? Where does one cross the line from imitation to mockery?

Isn't the fact that the language style and mannerisms often associated with urban street culture becoming more mainstream, used as a party themes, whatever, wherever, indicative of that cultures successful integration into the overall fabric of the nation?

Is it racist when I say the n-word while singing along with Snoop?

Are we supposed to embrace this culture or not, because I'm getting seriously mixed messages from the likes of NAACP, the good Reverend, his buddy Al, and all their yappy lapdogs.

It's well beyond time to move on, the excuses for maintaining this racial divisiveness just don't fly anymore, because brother, we've all been judged in one way or another by people with skin of a different color.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The NAACP only gets attention when they are accusing someone of racism, so this is not surprising. I understand the seriousness of gangs having grown up in my hood, and I also understand the humorous side of it,just like the African American wayans bros when they starred in "Don't Be A Menace To SouthCentral While Drinking Your Juice In The 'Hood", a fine piece of cinematic art which reveals the comedic side to livin in the hood.

I was hoping to see pics... Even the link only showed a pic of.real crips... I've seen plenty of those. What I was hoping to see were pics of ivy league students PRETENDING to be crips and bloods.

Nothing racist about it. It does remind me a little of cakewalking which also is (was?) fine imo. I just hope there are no crip or blood gangs nearby. They might take it the wrong way...and I doubt these kids could handle some Real gangsta sh#!...

edit on 8/17/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join