It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I personally think the Mothman phenomenon is quite interesting. After seeing the true-story based movie, and doing some research it seems like this thing is connected to UFOs and Aliens. Could this thing be a new type of alien? Could this be the chupacabra? Or could it be something else like a demon? I lean more towards the alien species theory only because at the time of the mothman sightings there was a lot of UFO and MIB activity going on in Point Pleasant. We also can't forget the ever-popular "Government Experiment Escaped" theory What are some other people's views on this?

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It is a genetic creation, plain and simple. Its only role is to cause confusion, chaos.

Dont worry about seeing this thing on a large scale, its only used for black ops, and not by the Gov.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It was a freaky movie, I will say that!

If I am confronted by a creature with glow in the dark eyes and some kind of telepathic abilities.... well, we will at least get the opportunity to examine it on an autopsy table...

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

It was a freaky movie, I will say that!

Yeah it was a goog movie. Very scary...... kinda makes you wonder doesn't it.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's a true story to boot too which makes it even more wired.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
After I saw that movie I wondered if it was the mothman who made that weird phone call to me...

[Edited on 5-17-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
well I've never been called a Mothman before?

its was me who phoned you?

blackwidow

good film though!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The movie was very interesting indeed but I would recommend picking up a copy of the book. It read more as a researcher's field book than a novel. From what I have learned, it is Mr. Keel's opinion that all these afore mentioned anomolies are all tied together and to the earth rather than ETs. he refers to them as extra-terrestrials. The interesting thing is not only were freaky things happening to him while in Pt. Pleasant but while he was back in NY as well. He also links various world wide events that all seem to point to the Silver Bridge disaster.

The best line in the movie I think is when Gere is talking to Mr. Leek who is Mr. Keel's contemporary. he states that he wants to know and Mr. Leek say "We're not allowed to know!" Anyway, the book is a treasure of info on this and numerous other subjects. I would also recommend "Our Haunted Planet". Another of Mr. Keel's works.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It was a great movie. i tend to lean to the genetic creation theory.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i tend to lean to the genetic creation theory. Posted by Lone Wolf

Im not sure about where the thing comes from, but I ever am in close proximity to one, I will make sure to give the doctors/veterinarians an opportunity to dissect it.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
how can U be so sure that you wouldn't have any problem killing that thing?

Especialy if that thing have some mental ability, like IF IT READS YOUR MIND...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Richard Gere may want to watch his back for a while because he may soon fall victim to the 'Curse of The Mothman Prophecies.'"

"That's the word from Mothman researcher Loren Coleman, who says a recent plane crash in Los Angeles is only the latest event caused by 'the Mothman Curse.'"
"The plane crash which killed Jessica Kaplan happened as the DVD of The Mothman Prophecies was being released in the USA and Canada."

Coleman said, "People have pondered dates, disasters and deaths linked to Mothman from 1966 to the present. It has become fashionable in recent years to create lists of those who have died by association to the JFK hit, Bill Clinton and even The Poltergeist movie. Therefore, here is 'The Mothman Death List.'"

The visitations of the weird entity called Mothman began in November 1966 and continued for a few months. Dozens of people in Point Pleasant, West Virginia saw the winged creature at several locations in or near the Ohio River community. Then, approximately 13 months after Mothman's first appearance, on December 15, 1967, at 5:04 p.m., the Silver Bridge collapsed during rush hour.

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I read the book in 1987...was the scariest book I've ever read.

The movie was a piece of crap...because I had read the book and WAITED AND WAITED for some one to tell the story...and the movie did NOT go along with the book...which is supposed to be the true story.

The true story is so fascinating that there can be NO ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE for how they bastardized the movie.

READ THE BOOK!

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Valhall, while I enjoyed the movie (all but the fact Richard Gere was in it) I really found myself wishing they would have just stuck more to the book. There was no mention of the other things that happened such as the various UFO sightings, the visits the local reported received from MIBs or the various other phone phreaks done to Keel and the other researchers tied to the case. Granted, it would not have been as exciting as Keel wasn't even in Pt Pleasant when the bridge went down. If memory serves he was in New York waiting on a world wide blackout which was supposed to happen when the president switched on the Capital's Christmas Tree. Another trick of the UTs.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That's right, and jsut as the president was about to light the tree, the bridge collapse which caused the black-out over the upper eastern coast...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I saw the movie, the part when he slams the door with the mirror shut, and we see for the blink of a second a face...

F*cken scary.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
just bought the movie and watched it, and realized that im gonna spend the next 3 weeks home alone...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What's the name of the move??? Do you mean 'The Mothman Prophesies'?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hahaha. So many people here seem to be getting the wrong idea. The movie was complete trash. Nothing like the book. All the movie was good for was scaring people, and being mildly entertaining. The book is so much better. If you're going to find the truth, or as close as you might get, go to the source. Especially don't trust hollywood for it.

Personally, I believe the Mothman to be a mutated bird due to the old power plant it was rumored to inhabit.

<<   2 >>

join