It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender-students win rights... A first in the USA...?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
My sarcasm wasn't toward you. Please don't misunderstand me. It was about the fact of how sad it has become that we have to find solace in news like that to feel human.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

Thanks for clearing that up Telos, i actually did misunderstand you at first, but agree completely with you.

We can create as many threads as we want about all the other sad things that go on around us (and i mean further than the boundries of our own borders) but sadly, not that many people care and prefer to sit behind their screen and complain about their small world for which they have not probably even taken their slippers off to discover!

I think you know what i mean?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 14-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am so glad my son is already out of school and my daughter will be in a couple of years.
Im really going to strongly recommend to them to not bring any kids into this world.
You know its gone to hell when a person with a penis can claim to be a girl and walk around naked in a bathroom or locker room full of girls and vice versa.
What if said person was a 18-19 year old senior, walking naked around 14 year old freshman girls?
How would you feel about that if that was your 14 year old girl?
Sooo glad I live in Texas where this moral depravity will never be accepted, except maybe Austin

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm 6'3 and 260 pounds can I play girls lacrosse..thats reasonable right

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
From what I gathered from the News, this is supposed to be about bullying to begin with. This as a solution leaves me almost speechless it is such a dumb solution. Dumb is the only word that fits for me.

To me the real solution would be to provide private bathrooms and perhaps private areas in locker rooms. This makes no sense with small children and even less sense with kids going through puberty. I agree they should accommodate, but this is not the right way to do it.

I have a sign on my wall that says "Logic is Dead" I've had for about twenty years. Every year it becomes more and more relevant.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
What rights did they win? Surely they are not gong to make it ok for a penis to be in girls bathroom.

Better yet how about they have transgender restrooms and lockrooms only that way all three sides will be happy.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I couldn't agree more. If this was meant to help the kids in terms of ridicule and abuse at school then it was written by people MANY years out of school or anything like that themselves. This will tend to highlight the differences in an environment where difference like this is NOT celebrated in any way the kid being noticed usually likes.

The Bathroom thing is insane. I see more and more gender neutral 'family' bathrooms in public places these days. Single rooms that can accommodate either and/or assistance and handicapped with equal ease. That would be an obvious solution but schools seem to be a "special zone" of conditional logic. Where a private business would just build one and be done with the issue....Schools will fuss over it for years which equals generations of kids to never know a solution of any kind.

The Sports thing is worse... So little girls who want to be boys can go get gender stomped in boys sports or...be gender normed into changing the nature of the sport itself. While boys who want to be girls can go into girls teams and pretty well stomp anyone they choose.

Some seem to wish like it will make it somehow come true...that there are no differences between men and women. I'll never understand the logic of wanting to prove that ...but I sure can attest to seeing some of the damage it's done in life.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
2019. Animal sex rights begin...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Coed locker rooms are common in some parts of Europe. My father worked for the US government and we went to Germany for two years and i had no problem with the coed changing rooms.

But then again i was raised as a nudist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join