It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Conspiracy theories do you subscribe to? What ones do you think are crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So has the title says what ones do you truly think are most likely real , think have some merit, sitting in the fence or think are woo woo crazy!

Me:

Most likely true:
Secret military spaceprograms (As in the SDI was followed through)
Western politicians being puppets of the Bankers/MIC/Big Pharma/ Oil
Recent wars of Iraq/Afghanistan being to fund the MIC
The USA (possible its key allies) military's being 20 years advanced than what we know.
A number of UFO being classified military tec
Holding back of Fusion and any tec that takes the focus from oil.
Heavy penalties for minor crimes in USA for sake of prison industrial complex
Lost money , useless alphabet agencies and heavy bureaucratic waste being used to funnel money into black funds.
Extensive network of hidden bases.
Some aspects of the NWO
NSA/GSHQ useing there powers to blackmail and keep in check Politicians/Judges
Illegal USA/UK Bio,chemical and bilogical expirments

Possible:

Drugs being used by our governments to generate money and possible social division.
Racism being used to create social division so as to lessen public power
Partisan politics to create social division so as to lessen public power
Using Welfare to win votes and create a serf class
The military being 50+ ahead
Agenda 21 (IE massive population reduction)
Alien life in the universe
CIA/FBI/NSA letting 9/11 happen
Al queda having extensive CIA links.
Advanced NAZI Science programs in regards to ECW, Aircraft, Stealth.
JFK being killed by the intelligance community.
GM crops to be used to sieze control of world food supplys.

On the fence:
Aliens visiting earth
Underground rail networks connecting secret bases.
USA govement orchestrating 9/11

Crazy!!!!! :
Flat earth
Hollow earth
Subterranean civilisations
Lizard people
Nibru
Comet Ison haveing magical properties
Remote viewing
New age mumbo jumbo
Spirits of Dead people
Scientology
Moon NAZI's
Moon haveing a atmosphere
Venus/Mars being habbitable
Aliens living on the Moon
The moon being artificialy constructed
Holacaust being fake.
9/11 being a holograghic illusion.
Mind control Chem Trails.
Vaccines haveing chips, Mind control or other purposely harmfull thing.
HIV being Artficialy made.
Fake moon landings

edit on 14-8-2013 by Gazrok because: corrected spelling in title for easier search

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Im with you on the crazy ones, and probably true but Id add these as well to the probably pile.

Drugs being used by our governments to generate money and possible social division.
Racism being used to create social division so as to lessen public power
Partisan politics to create social division so as to lessen public power
Using Welfare to win votes and create a serf class
CIA/FBI/NSA letting 9/11 happen
Al queda having extensive CIA links.
JFK being killed by the intelligance community.

I would also add a hypothetical to weather mod tech as being possible and in use.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

My rabbit hole moment was when I read about the Laurel Canyon conspiracy. I'm a music lover so this one was particularly interesting to me.www.abovetopsecret.com...
more comprehensive info here; www.davesweb.cnchost.com...
"Inside the LC" (about 1 third of the way down the page)
20 pages long, very interesting because of the high level of proof.

I have lots of questions about 9/11

On the fence about;
Aliens

I do not believe in chem trails as depicted by some.
I also find it hard to believe the gov. is setting up "FEMA camps" to imprison large numbers of citizens.
Don't believe in reptilians or Niburu.

edit on 13-8-2013 by tanda7 because: sp

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

My rabbit hole moment was when I read about the Laurel Canyon conspiracy. I'm a music lover so this one was particularly interesting to me.www.abovetopsecret.com...
more comprehensive info here; www.davesweb.cnchost.com...
"Inside the LC" (about 1 third of the way down the page)
20 pages long, very interesting because of the high level of proof.

I have lots of questions about 9/11

On the fence about;
Aliens

I do not believe in chem trails as depicted by some.
I aslo find it hard to believe the gov. is setting up "FEMA camps" to imprison large numbers of citizens.
Don't believe in reptilians or Niburu.

WW2 and Japanese Americans, as well as Native Americans during western exspansion, and Mexican American citizens that got rounded up and deported during the great depression, All have a lesson to teach you about FEMA camps.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

True:
Western politicians being puppets of the Bankers/MIC/Big Pharma/ Oil
Recent wars of Iraq/Afghanistan being to fund the MIC
Heavy penalties for minor crimes in USA for sake of prison industrial complex
Extensive network of hidden bases.
Illegal USA/UK Bio,chemical and biological experiments

Most likely true:
The Aliens living on the Moon are Lizard people from Nibiru with their Subterranean civilizations inside Hollow earth and are using Vaccines and Chemtrails for Mind control or other purposely harmful things.

Just kidding about Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All the conspiracy theories are at least a little real. They usually aren't conspiracies though they are "the way it is" Society contains multitudes of conspiracies running at the same time. We have been programmed to ignore them. That programming isn't even a conspiracy, it is just a fact of life living on this planet.

Pretty bad when all the conspiracies don't even phase a person anymore.

What is the craziest conspiracy? The one where people think we can do something about these things
The trickle down effect of stopping a few of these things could destroy the integrity of the economy in a short time.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Re: Camps. We've got them. Only we don't play around. We put them behind tall walls and barbed wire and refer to them as prisons. Then we send more of our citizens into them than any nation in history.

The rest of us? Still in a camp we call property, social acceptance, and debt. No walls, same effect.

Now as for the OP:

The US Government is and has been in the drug business. On many levels. The Reagan administrations boondoggles cast aside the last doubt about that.

I'm not sure I buy into a strict NWO theory... but I am pretty damned sure that most governments are in collusion - even those who are advertised as adversarial, with few exceptions... and those exceptions have a bad habit of ending up dead in wars or revolutions.

As for aliens... I believe they exist but cannot, for the life of me imagine why they'd want to come here. Most of US don't even really want to be here - so we end up daydreaming about the day THEY will come and take us away to a better place.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm not sure I buy into a strict NWO theory... but I am pretty damned sure that most governments are in collusion - even those who are advertised as adversarial, with few exceptions... and those exceptions have a bad habit of ending up dead in wars or revolutions.

Yeah similiear here.There are parts I buy and parts I dont. I think the western powers like USA/UK/Japan/NZ/Australia/Germany are pretty aligned but the rest that were it breaks down.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

MOST LIKELY TRUE

Secret Military Space Programs (no doubt SDI is up in some capacity)
Politicians being bought and paid for by Bankers, Big Pharma, Big Oil, etc.
Recent wars being all about protecting the petro dollar
The Military being about 30 years or so more advanced than the private sector (tech wise)
A very few UFOs actually being studied by our scientists
Suppressing alternate energy tech as it would disrupt current economic systems.
Funds diverted to Covert Ops from overpricing items in other sectors.
Some underground bases
Drugs financing Covert Ops
Alien life in the universe, and visiting us, at least in the past.
JFK killed by shadow government ops
I think the government knew about 9/11, but failed to act on it, not believing the indicators, until too late, so couldn't then go back and say what they knew when.
GM crops being used to control the food supply.

CRAZY

Agenda 21 (without workers, the elite suffer)
Advanced Nazi tech (they had plans, and ideas, but not solid)
Hollow Earth
Reptillians
Chemtrails
Aliens behind cattle mutilations
Niburu
Moon Landings faked
Holocaust faked

reply to post by Hefficide

As for aliens... I believe they exist but cannot, for the life of me imagine why they'd want to come here. Most of US don't even really want to be here - so we end up daydreaming about the day THEY will come and take us away to a better place.

My guess is that the aliens have basically quarantined us since the late 40's, probably similar to a prime directive kind of deal. My assumption is that war is always a contest for control of resources. With interstellar travel, resources are effectively unlimited, therefore war becomes obsolete for star-faring races. So, a being capable of space flight, and with a history of war, is likely a dangerous thing....one to be contained and monitored until such time as they see fit. To me, it's the only solution that makes sense. They don't seem to want conquest, or we'd be done by now. They don't seem to want to help, or we too would have FTL travel. So, assuming they are here...it's the only agenda that seems to fit.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Good posts so far.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
there is a few in the crazy section that i wonder about but will never know in my life time but i am 100% sure that 9-11 was pre planned and filmed but everything from the sinking of the maine to the invasion of iraq/afganistan was pre planned or set up for profit

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok, well I'm fairly skeptical about a lot of stuff these days but I do believe that:

There is government 'hit teams' for lack of a better term. I'll cite Fred Hampton, Dorothy Kilgallen, David Kelly, Karen Silkwood and Gareth Williams as examples, there's many, many more though. And yeah, I chose both American and UK examples to show It's not just restricted to one government, but instead all across the board.

Obviously we are being spied on and groups are being infiltrated to an extent, something that's been admitted lots of times, especially here in the UKL where I live. I also cite the COINTELPRO program.

9/11 is something I've not looked into 'that' much but from what I have seen, well.. I really do think something is afoot there. Naturally building 7 is a particularly interesting part of the case, such as the BBC's recording of a downed building prior to it happening. Of course that's not proof of anything, and it isn't, but it does make you think a little bit.

The moon landings.. We made it when we said we did people. It was a major triumph, accept it already. Every positive, major event like this attracts the naysayers who try to drag it down for whatever reason. They're always there. I don't fall into the trap, and a trap I think it is indeed. No solid proof is there to make me do that. We did it and It was a brilliant thing we should all be proud of, imo.

Finally, as I obviously won't be able to, and I refuse to try, to name them all, I'll go with the JFK assassination here. From my time spent on that, which is a long, long time, I know a conspiracy occurred. It just did. The extent of which is of course where the debate is.

What don't I believe in?

Well, if you try to explain to me that William Greer was the one to shoot Kennedy.. I'll most probably just get up and walk away. It didn't happen, it's not possible, and quite frankly.. It's delusional. End of. Jackie too.

I don't believe the government is as powerful as we make them out to be. Yeah, It's a powerful body, I get that.. It's a government, it has to be. But no, they're just not responsible for every terrorist attack out there, or every bad thing that happens. They're not planning everything on such detail and they get waaay too much 'credit' for what's going on. As unfortunate as this is, there is bad people out there individually who want, and will try, to do harm on a mass level. Shame, but it's the world we currently reside in. We need to deal with that instead of mindlessly throwing blame around.

The depopulation stuff is something I'm not too keen on at all either. As I've said above, there is bad people out there, we need to kinda grow up and deal with that as unfortunate as it may be. Not everything is so minutely planned and not everyone is part of some conspiracy. Not everything is part of some sort of de-population plan either. I don't buy into that theory at all really either. Yeah, people are part of plans involving murder, but in the name of global de-population? No way. That's just not rational imo.

Chemtrails: Sorry, no. It's silly in my opinion. I've no time for it.

HAARP: This is chemtrails part two for me.. No time for such ridiculousness. Earthquakes, and other natural events, happened long before us people, deal with it. It's not man-made on this level.

Either way, if something is explained to me in a concise, rational way, I'll actually listen. If not, expect me to get up and walk off tutting in despair. I've honestly got no time for the far out, nonsensical, delusional stuff not based on this reality. We need rationality, we desperately do.. It's the only way forward. Not everything is a conspiracy. Yes, they do occur, but we can't make it exist everywhere, it exists only where it exists, and for that reason we have to actually find them, not create.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They never went to the moon, that's a bonified hoax!

And I find it hard to believe HIV is real. Most recent studies show that there's no solid proof of it existing.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Since i can't think of the specific items I ascribe to, I am just going to go down your list a little:

Secret military spaceprograms (As in the SDI was followed through) - absolutely. Just look at the manifest registers for the payloads of the space shuttle missions. They carried enough food for 20 people to last a month.

Western politicians being puppets of the Bankers/MIC/Big Pharma/ Oil - absolutely. just follow the money.

The USA (possible its key allies) military's being 20 years advanced than what we know. - Depending on what you are talking about, 20 years is so understated as to be dumbfounding

Holding back of Fusion and any tec that takes the focus from oil. - Follow the money, again

Heavy penalties for minor crimes in USA for sake of prison industrial complex - follow the money

Lost money , useless alphabet agencies and heavy bureaucratic waste being used to funnel money into black funds. - absolutely. It is done in business all the time. Overbudget one category to fund another.

Extensive network of hidden bases. - We know about the DUMB's.

Illegal USA/UK Bio,chemical and bilogical expirments - In this case, money = power. Follow the power.

Drugs being used by our governments to generate money and possible social division. - same as above RE: black projects.

Racism being used to create social division so as to lessen public power - This is absolutely true. A page out of the Nazi playbook.

Partisan politics to create social division so as to lessen public power - yup. Divide and conquer is a well known and employed strategy in historical human politics.

Using Welfare to win votes and create a serf class - Win votes? Absolutely. Money is thrown around to curry favor in all arenas.

The military being 50+ ahead - as stated above, I don't think you can truly quantify the "years ahead" they are, as they have stifled us to the point of actually being "years behind".

Alien life in the universe - The story I have heard is that "alien life" actually exists in our ionosphere, feeding off of raw electrical energy. It was how we discovered the properties of nanotech. I can't corroborate the story, but since I trust the teller of the story, it is enough for me.
They weren't lying when they shared the secret Stealth paint ingredient and process with me.

Al queda having extensive CIA links.- They were formed by the CIA. Many are still employed by the CIA (like in Syria). Duh!

Advanced NAZI Science programs in regards to ECW, Aircraft, Stealth. - Just look at project paperclip, and the associated programs. We stole Germany's national patent database and fueled our march to world supremacy with its contents.

Lizard people - much of what is on the internet is crazy talk. However, the existence of reptilian humaniod type creatures is something I believe is true. All the stories you have read about them are what is untrue.

Remote viewing - Hal Puthoff, possibly the most highly respected scientist in the US Government would disagree with you. If there has been a "woo" subject looked at by the US Government, Hal Puthoff's name is somewhere on the list of researchers. Often, he is listed in a high position within those projects. Like the SRI Remote Viewing, where he was the director.

Moon haveing a atmosphere - It has an atmosphere. The properties of that atmosphere are what is being debated. Not saying I am in the John Lear camp here. More like the Ingo Swann camp.

The moon being artificialy constructed - It sure does have a lot of anomolies that don't exactly support the standard model.

Vaccines haveing chips, Mind control or other purposely harmfull thing. - Bayer being proven to have laced vaccines with HIV before shipping off to use in Africa isn't convincing enough?

Fake moon landings - The landings may have been faked (I think they were), but we still went there. The US Government was not going to air live footage of the unknown to the US Public. No way, no how. Not during the days of Cold War hysteria. The aerial view of the moon looks like Earth, kind of. Sharply featured geology like mountains and cliffs. Yet, in the moon landing the background looks like a Super Mario game made out of marshmallows.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I do not believe

Moon landing was faked
Holocaust being staged
Hitler or Elvis or 2pac are alive
New town or Boston bombing were staged. ( used but not set up)

I do believe it possible for the following to be true

Things hidden in area 51
Chemtrails
Big pharma keeping cures secret

The rest is just speculation, could go either way imo

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I try and keep an open mind on every topic. Right now I'm sitting on the fence with the Illuminati one.
I mean, I do believe that there is some kind of NWO agenda and TPTB.

But when you add all the occult stuff in, the people who rant about it being an anti-Christian agenda, the people who see signs in every t.v. show and music video... then you lose me.
ANYBODY can draw a pentagram or an all seeing eye on anything. If I had a cartoon, I would hide it just to mess around with people.

I'm a big fan of the "classic conspiracies" as I call them... Roswell, Bigfoot, etc... but the more I learn, the less I know.

I think a lot of things come down to stupid people in decision making positions.
Like fluoridation. I don't believe it's a conspiracy to dumb down the masses. I think it was well meaning city councils with no scientific training or studies made, allowing it to take place, but with good intentions for clean drinking water.
And hopefully, eventually, they will see error in their ways...

And actually, I believe in chemtrails, because this summer I met a person who had a parent who helped create the device that actually sprays the chemtrails. They are now estranged from their parent because of it.
The reason they gave me, why chemtrails exist, is because Monstanto has the remedy product for all the aluminum and barium that is sprayed and the farmers must buy the cure to combat it.

edit on 13-8-2013 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Couple of additions for me :

Likley
Pharma sitting on cures (I know this for a 100% fact)

On fence
Bigfoot and other creatures.

Crazy!
Weather control by HAARP

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think there's some good evidence of some of the cryptids....like Bigfoot/Yeti and Nessie/Mokelemobembe types. These two cryptids (a more manlike ape and a surviving dinosaur) are a part of many different cultures and in many parts of the world, and must be based on SOMETHING.... Just too much coincidence. As to whether they are around now? Who knows, but I definitely think we'll eventually find remains of both that are WAY younger than they should be.

We've already found examples of creatures thought to be extinct for millions of years, so wouldn't be unprecedented. I'd wager we'll find unfossilized Megaladon teeth soon too.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am loveing the replies and hope to get from the members here.

As for open mind?

I try to keep one but not so open my brain falls out

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Most of them are at least somewhat plausible.

The most obvious being JFK. I think there is enough out there to know SOMETHING went down outside the OS, but not enough evidence to day for certain exactly what.

Aliens - Probably exist, might have visited. I refuse to discount the experiences of others, but for me, I think they exist, but I don't have any reason to think they are visiting. Remain open minded.

My list of "Just Stupid" theories:
1. Anything about 9/11 other than questions regarding Building 7 and/or how big did we flub the intell if we had it.
2. Flat Earth
3. Chemtrails
4. The "Everything is a false flag" crowd.
5. Moon Landing - It happened. Get over it.

I think it's funny how the U.S. government gets called out as incompetent almost always, except for when it comes to conspiracies. Then the GOV is credited with amazing competency in carrying out it's dastardly deeds!

Less and less likely:

1. Bigfoot/Lock Ness type theories - Still believe they could have existed at one point, but technology is getting too good to have not found the proof. Technology is also better to hoax them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join