It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia teen denied life-saving heart transplant due to ‘non-compliance’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Did a search on ATS and found this previous thread...

Pretty pathetic way it ended...

Teen Who Received Transplant Killed After Crime

It would appear that the heart was wasted on this thug.

"The story of Anthony Stokes was supposed to have a happy ending. Instead it ended Tuesday, police say, with the teen heart transplant recipient carjacking someone, burglarizing a home, shooting at an elderly woman, leading police on a high speed chase and then dying after his car hit a pole."

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wirefly
Well well well. Looks like "Hey! Guess what? We were just foolin around. We were going to give you the heart all along."
What they meant the first time was, the boy didn't qualify for a heart transplant because he was high risk in an area that the doctors had no control over; lifestyle. So, they were forced into a corner where they ultimately will be sorry. Firstly, someone will die because he got this heart based on media pressure, secondly, I have a feeling that they will probably be proven right unfortunately. I'd put money on the fact that this kid will just let it all go and end up dead anyway. Mom looks like the picture of healthy fitness too. Yeah, I'm profiling her because she's fat.
I would love to be proven wrong. I pray that this kid would live a long productive life in spite of my prediction. Oh well, we'll see.

Looks like you called it. Sad that a heart was wasted on this lad when another person might have been more worthy of it. Yes, there are others more worthy even though many here don't want to admit it. All life IS valuable. But lets face it, there are some who want to live more than others and it's shown in their lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I wonder was Anthony Stokes an organ donor ?

Something good may have come out of the whole sorry affair

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Man, America is one f'd-up country.
Any doctor who made this decision needs to be struck off and prevented from working in medicine. It is not the job of any doctor to make judgments about a person's character or imagined "worth" to society, it is their job to heal, to save, to treat and make well - if anything they do breaches this they need to be removed from medicine IMMEDIATELY.

This is a judgment on imagined worth to society, and it's f-ing disgusting.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Any doctor who made this decision needs to be struck off and prevented from working in medicine. It is not the job of any doctor to make judgments about a person's character or imagined "worth" to society, it is their job to heal, to save, to treat and make well - if anything they do breaches this they need to be removed from medicine IMMEDIATELY.

I couldn't disagree more when it comes to something like organ transplants that are very limited and often take significant periods of time to acquire. Denying fixing a broken limb for someone, stitches, cancer treatment, other things where resources aren't finite would be wrong. Anyone in charge of a resource that is in very small demand has to make decisions that aren't easy.

It turns out in the end everything these Doctors said about this thug were right.

"On Tuesday, Stokes carjacked someone at a mall, kicked in the door of a home in Roswell, Georgia, and fired a shot at an elderly woman, who called 911, said Roswell police spokeswoman Lisa Holland.

Stokes drove away in a black SUV, she said. Police spotted the car and ran its plates which showed it had been stolen.

Police chased the vehicle.

Stokes lost control of the car, hit a pedestrian and then a pole, Holland said. The vehicle was nearly halved, she said.

edit on 1-4-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
EDIT:

Ok wow, I just looked, and this thread is more than 2 years old.
edit on 1-4-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If you could look past your own narrow point of view and without the assumption of discrimination (which I detect hints of in the attitude of your post). Take this into consideration:

wtvr.com...

This is why it's a very difficult decision.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The sad commentary to this entire thing is the lose of life. The kid was dying, his family fought to get him a new heart, a second chance at life. With all of those out there that could have used this to get such, they put him on top of the list, even though he showed through his actions that he was not really going to follow through. And through his stupidity and bad choices, after all of that he wasted it. That I think is the real shame of it all.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

I couldn't disagree more when it comes to something like organ transplants that are very limited and often take significant periods of time to acquire. Denying fixing a broken limb for someone, stitches, cancer treatment, other things where resources aren't finite would be wrong. Anyone in charge of a resource that is in very small demand has to make decisions that aren't easy.

It turns out in the end everything these Doctors said about this thug were right.

"On Tuesday, Stokes carjacked someone at a mall, kicked in the door of a home in Roswell, Georgia, and fired a shot at an elderly woman, who called 911, said Roswell police spokeswoman Lisa Holland.

Stokes drove away in a black SUV, she said. Police spotted the car and ran its plates which showed it had been stolen.

Police chased the vehicle.

Stokes lost control of the car, hit a pedestrian and then a pole, Holland said. The vehicle was nearly halved, she said.

I'm thinking he thought this was a new thread like I did, Lol

Major necro man. I'm all for keeping threads alive for a couple months if its an ongoing isue like Michael Brown case, but this is a bit much man.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was actually hoping he'd get his shiz together & prove the skeptics wrong, but he did exactly the opposite.

It was a total waste thanks to his inability to get his crap together & keep it together, his life, the heart donated. Total damn waste.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

EDIT: Just read that he did get the transplant and it ended badly. Well, most of my post still applies:

Wow, too bad he's not a famous rich person. He'd not only get on the list, he'd go to the top of the list, like David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fame) who received a liver transplant after he destroyed his own liver with heavy alcohol/drug consumption.

(I love his music, I'm glad he was able to get a new lease on life, I just hate the double standard.)

They're basically telling this kid "You're not worth it" ...so, so wrong.
edit on 4/2/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Poor thing....

Well on a second thought... What makes him any different than this guy?

Failure

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

It's a shame he didn't turn his life around. I supported him receiving it, hoping he would turn around. When I read the news, I was disappointed.

That said, in retrospect should he not have gotten a second chance, as some seem to still, now suggest? He shouldn't have been put at the top of the list ahead of other people, but he should not have been completely denied, IMO.

Some people change, but a death sentence (no pun intended) is not appropriate, IMO.

Such a shame.

Hope he was a donor!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This is progressive/liberal ignorance at it's best. If you don't agree with something, make a HUGE stink about it until you get your way.

Using common sense would have saved a life that deserved it, and avoided this mess.

The best part is his last pic he posted to facebook....a selfie in which he is pointing a gun in the mirror.

All he needs is a 3rd chance...he was just about to change his life around and go to college.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

You're going to bring a PARTISAN argument into this? Nice work, Troll.

It's not ignorance, it's humanism.

*Some* People DO and can change. You're advocating that NO ONE gets a second chance.

Conservative heartlessness at its finest.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Who says I am a conservative? Don't act like the majority of people who fussed over this kid not getting a heart weren't dems/prog/libs. I think all parties are a complete and utter joke.

This was just a good example of how narrow minded and ignorant one side is when it comes to raising a stink without understanding the facts first.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Ha, yeah good luck. Reminiscent of eugenics. If you have an issue with the doctor, personally, and you're a minor, some will come right back at you and make it personal for retribution. And can prety easily get away with it. Teachers also too often.
edit on 2-4-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
reply to post by Raxoxane

If you read a couple of posts back, you'll see that he got the transplant..was put to the top of the list, ahead of other patients in a more critical condition...

Lets hope he values his second chance at life and realises what a wonderful and precious gift he has received and that he makes the most of his new life

Nope..sadly he is now dead, aged 17, after crashing a stolen car into a lampost...

Anthony Stokes Transplant Recipient Dead

Now hopefully, people will understand why the doctors made their original decision and that perhaps they should have stuck to it rather than being pressured by a so-called "racial" issue, when it was nothing of the sort

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The little thug not only killed himself but someone else by denying a heart to someone worthwhile.

What a selfish POS.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Poor thing....

Well on a second thought... What makes him any different than this guy?

Failure

He is that guy. This thread was updated to from years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join