It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia teen denied life-saving heart transplant due to ‘non-compliance’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Not anywhere close to a necro post.

My guess is you didn't actually read the post I made.

If you did you would have seen that the thug died yesterday after a car jacking, attempted home invasion, shooting at someone , leading the police on a chase and hitting a pole.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To those who are all upset by the decision not give the lad a heart:

Medical care has always been rationed when supplies are short.
Just look at war time field hospitals.
Patients were tagged as to how much care they could receive.

This is the way the world works.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

You're going to bring a PARTISAN argument into this? Nice work, Troll.

It's not ignorance, it's humanism.

*Some* People DO and can change. You're advocating that NO ONE gets a second chance.

Conservative heartlessness at its finest.

Some people do indeed change, but when dealing with a rare and valuable resource, one must take everything into consideration lest that resource be wasted. Not only was the young man a criminal but he also had a long and extensive history of non-compliance with medical treatments. Given this, he was considered a poor risk. The usual suspects claimed racism and made a stink and the media and activists brought out the torches and pitchforks and not only was he not denied, he was put to the top of the list, displacing someone else. History has now proven that the decision to not offer him the heart was the logical and rational one.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

He is that guy. This thread was updated to from years ago.

Lol sorry....

I guess my point is still valid though...hehe

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^ the link above is the new thread that was started when this story broke after the heart recipient died committing crime

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I have a friend with a 15 year old son that due to his size and height, looks like he is in his twentys. My friend re-married and her new husband is not perfect, but he tries to treat her son the say as he treats his children, her son calls him Dad, and they seem to get along well.

Her son is diabetic and he is totally noncompliant, almost violently noncompliant. I have sat with him on numerous occasions and explained to him the sceintific rationale of his condition, the risks, and possible outcomes, including loss of his ability to get and erection, blindness, kidney failure, with a life time on dialysis, and progressive amputations. I thought the brutal truth would be effective in encouraging his complainace. It didn't. His mother talks and talks. She is constantly reinforcing the need for his complaince. His step-father tries to talk to him, with no better results.

She called me on Monday in tears, asking for help because she had to remove him from school because of his grossly elevated blood sugar levels. The doctor is starting to show signs of frustration, and has warned her that he is going to drop him from his service if he continues to be noncompliant. I told her in front of him that she needs to come to grips with the fact that she is most likely going to be burying her son within a few years.

He just doesn't care because he is convinced nothing is going to happen to him. He thinks he knows more than anyone else. We are all stupid, and we just don't get it. According to him. I thought at first that this kid is just a spoiled brat and my friend is going to have to use tough love if she wants to save his life, but I was a bit surpraised when I started paying attention to the attitude and behavior of his peers. Having to visit the school a couple of times and being able to observe the children, in school, away from their parents; it was surprising to me what these children say, how they behave, and the total lack of respect for everyone, including themselves.

This behavior seems to have become accepted as normal, and I don't see no attempts being made to correct it. Not by the school and not by the parents. Donor organs are very difficult to come by. Do you give this organ to a child that is going to make the rare and beautiful sacrifice of an organ a wasted effort, or do you give it to someone that is going to do everything to try to make the transplant work?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

^ the link above is the new thread that was started when this story broke after the heart recipient died committing crime

Yes...my thread on this, unfortunately, took a bad turn near the end with some snide remarks directed at forum members...hopefully this one will continue without all that. I said all I needed to in the other one,

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: research100

Yes...my thread on this, unfortunately, took a bad turn near the end with some snide remarks directed at forum members...hopefully this one will continue without all that. I said all I needed to in the other one,

I read your thread on this event and I am sorry that it was closed , unfortunately, it is becoming the norm around here. Lack of civility and poorly veiled racisit attacks are causing threads to either be closed or the members become so disgusted that they stop participating. The only way to put out those kind of fires is to stop providing the kindling.
I just hope it will play itself out and it will just stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join