It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodeo clown draws criticism for Obama mask

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Comparing this president to a clown is offensive... to clowns.

Unless the clowns are puppets.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very tacky and disrespectful, I'm sure the rednecks enjoyed it though.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It is ABSOLUTELY fair game to use the likeness of Obama in this manner. He's a public figure and so this sort of comedy is absolutely fair fodder for him.

If anyone is upset about it, they really should get over it. Bush's likeness has been used in a variety of very demeaning ways, it's just fair that Obama gets the same treatment.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Even Game of Thrones used an old Bush head when they had Ned Stark's head on a stake.

Yep they sure said Game of Thrones just happened to have a GWB head laying around.

REALLY ?

People buy that ?

You won't ever see Obama's head on a stake.
edit on 12-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
It is ABSOLUTELY fair game to use the likeness of Obama in this manner. He's a public figure and so this sort of comedy is absolutely fair fodder for him.

If anyone is upset about it, they really should get over it. Bush's likeness has been used in a variety of very demeaning ways, it's just fair that Obama gets the same treatment.

People are just pissed because he's black and they want to use the racist card. If it had been anyone else we wouldn't have heard a peep.

White guilt is so lame.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Doesn't matter what color he is, he's the president, president's have been lampooned for generations. Probably since the inception of the job.

It's part and parcel to the position. All is fair when it comes to lampooning the president. This case is no different. This rodeo clown did nothing wrong at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by suz62

Doesn't matter what color he is, he's the president, president's have been lampooned for generations. Probably since the inception of the job.

It's part and parcel to the position. All is fair when it comes to lampooning the president. This case is no different. This rodeo clown did nothing wrong at all.

The. Only. Reason. We. Heard. About. It. Is. Because. He. Is. Black.

If it had been Bush or Gore or Clinton it never would have made the press.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Now they are banning this poor guy from his work at the fair. There is also a push to cut funding for the fair.

Meanwhile, the Missouri State Fair Commission instituted a lifetime ban against the rodeo clown who wore the mask and who they say made the statements. Also, some state lawmakers are calling for action to remove nearly half a million dollars in state funding that goes to the fair.

The lengths that are gone to only because of the race of this president is crazy!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hilarious. The man is a clown, and a puppet for special interests. He's cost the Nobel Peace Prize any credibility it may have had left after Kissinger. This clown has American and foreign blood on his hands, the blood of innocents killed in drone strike after drone strike. I've no problem with killing militants from an unmaned aircraft - actually I think it's pretty bitching that we as a society have the ability to do that. But we need to ask ourselves if its worth the collateral cost.

I cheered when al-Awlaki, the American citizen and extremely dangerous terrorist was sent to paradise on the back of a drone in Yemen.. But how many here know that al-Awlaki's 16 year old son, who spent much of his youth in Colorado, was killed via drone strike along with a group of friends in a net cafe in Yemen. The kid purportedly had no ties to the crimes of the father but was killed anyway, and Obama was this kids judge, jury and executioner.

If you had told me in 08 that Obama would wind out worse than Bush, I'd have laughed in your face. Think back at how this snake oil salesman had me hook line and sinker makes me feel more than a little ashamed. Won't happen again.

To add, it's absurd to paint this as a race thing, and I'm often the first one to point out something I feel is racist. The guy just wanted to get some laughs by pretending to be the president - the president at this time just happens to be of mixed race. Unfortunately, white guilt dictates that as being offensive somehow. The guy was't in black face singing Dixie, he was a rodio clown in a mask.
edit on 8/13/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
They should have stuck masks of politicians on every bull's ass considering the level of bullcrap each of them spew on a daily basis. Comparing this president to a clown is offensive... to clowns.

Bumping for Reality!!!

(I did picture it)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are the WND types still not over that? And to think, some folks think blacks should get over slavery and the brutal backlash against the civil rights movement by a segment of the population.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
This is really too much. A rodeo clown can't make fun of the president now? Where are we, the USSR?

We all know why this is happening. The missing press reports, can't knock the president... etc...

This is why Hastings died you know. He was working on this. He was going to expose the Obama administration for this:

A Hastings colleague provided these 2 Wikileaks emails, that Hastings was working on..

Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources.

There is a specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone who are printing materials negative to the Obama agenda. (Oh my even the FBI is shocked. The wonderboys must be in meltdown mode.)

CIA Director Brennan Confirmed as Reporter Michael Hastings Next Target

This administration is pure evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by neo96

Are the WND types still not over that? And to think, some folks think blacks should get over slavery and the brutal backlash against the civil rights movement by a segment of the population.

Seriously?

You know that Africans themselves sold themselves in to slavery?

You know that other people from other countries have been slaves ?

Why anyone is trying to interject race in to the discussion is utter nonsense.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Which figure is the more societally divisive, the one that represents whitebread, traditional, non-black family values, or the one that represents the hope for a more inclusive future for all, and not just hard working white folks?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Obama should draw more criticism for acting like a rodeo clown.......

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The reason this story was so blown out of proportion was due to one plant smoking, nudist promoting liberal that felt the need to contact every Missouri official and news outlet in America and showed his ugly mug on MSNBC last night. Unfortunately, the liberal media was all so willing to push the "race card" along with this under employed joker who lives for whatever attention he can get for himself due to his incredibly deep insecurities.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is the first I have heard of it but I think it is funny and fair game.

I got rid of cable for some time now so I don't get the media spin so that may be why.

Honestly its a joke people need to get over it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This is the first I have heard of it but I think it is funny and fair game.

I got rid of cable for some time now so I don't get the media spin so that may be why.

Honestly its a joke people need to get over it.

Agreed.
Everyone needs to chill the f**k out and get a sense of humor.
I came across this on the interwebs today:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Okay dems, where were you guys during the Bush bash at a rodeo back in '94????

Bush dummy used at rodeo

T.J. Hawkins rolled out the big inner tube, and the bull lowered his head, shot forward and launched into the tube, sending it bounding down the center of the arena. The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy. He tore into it, sending the rubber mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence.

Talk about a double standard......:shk:

For people crying rasicm, that is complete BS.
This is all about politics, nothing more.

Quite dragging race into every thing that is against Obama.
People don't care for him because of his policies and lack of leadership.
The same applies with both Bush's, Clinton, Regan, etc.,etc....it's all about policies.

However, it does seem like Obama thrives and encourages the 'race card' being played.
Not once has he spoke out denouncing the NAACP attacks on certain groups of people.

For example, this whole rodeo deal that has been blown out of proportion, and yet Obama has failed to speak out and tell the NAACP to chill out and calm down. That this is about politics, not race.

Of course, I doubt he ever will.

edit on 14-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join