It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein: You’re Not a Real Journalist Unless You Draw a Salary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You're not a true political leader, unless you DON'T.

Suck on that, Feinstein, you pathetic empty shell of a 'leader'.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I could seriously see her saying this. The liberals are really ticked off at the journalists as of late...

If you consider Feinstein a liberal, then you've got a mighty strange notion of what makes for a liberal. She is a very conservative, pro-establishment Democrat in terms of her views of foreign policy and government surveillance. She has a record of always coming down on the side of the military-industrial-intelligence complex, which does not make her a liberal. Does she come down on the side of liberal/progressive positions on social issues? Yes, but this does not make her a liberal.

Stop trying to paint all liberals and progressives with such a broad brush that you claim the likes of Diane Feinstein are liberals. Just so you know: a liberal is not necessarily a Democrat, and vice versa.

As for what the said in this case: it is obviously a crock of caca. However, there are Republican politicians who have said essentially the same thing, claiming Julian Assange and Wikilieaks cannot call themselves journalists, so that they can't have the protection that "real" journalists have.

According to what you say, then Glenn Greenwald must really be a self-loathing liberal because he is also a journalist.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

To me its just crazy talk here....

Crazy talk = Feinstein

S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Some people are parrots. They just repeat what they are told.

Feinstein: A liberal; that is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Sure because the only citizen reporters, bloggers etc etc are Conservatives right? The only ones that get persecuted /prosecuted? Have you ever heard of...

Julian Assange
Daniel Ellsberg
Naomi Wolf
Stanley Johnston
Greg Palast

How about all the reporters arrested at protests over the past couple of years?

No? Didn't happen? Couldn't have happened, the media is liberal!!!!!!!

News flash (ha) this affects all 'unsalaried' journalists.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Tell Feinstein and her party to stop calling themselves 'liberal'.

Can't fault people for calling them what they call themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Mitch Mcconnell calls himself a Conservative, but plenty here say "no way, nuh uh he's a Progressive". Call him up and tell him to stop calling himself and his party Conservative.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, you can only fault people for being ignorant and not being able to see the writing on the wall. And I fault a bunch of people for that.

And on edit: When was the last time Feinstein called herself a liberal. I am gonna need some freakin links.

It is the propaganda you subscribe to that identifies her as that. But it is just more disinformation that you lick up like a kitten that never had a mamma. THINK, OBSERVE!

edit on 10-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Mitch Mcconnell calls himself a Conservative, but plenty here say "no way, nuh uh he's a Progressive". Call him up and tell him to stop calling himself and his party Conservative.

Quick deflect.

Does Feinstein call herself a Democrat ?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes she is a DINO. So what does that mean?? Seriously, tell me what that means when you have a (D) after your name.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

No, you can only fault people for being ignorant and not being able to see the writing on the wall. And I fault a bunch of people for that.

Sure I can

And on edit: When was the last time Feinstein called herself a liberal. I am gonna need some freakin links.

So your saying Democrats don't call themselves 'liberal' ? ?

It is the propaganda you subscribe to that identifies her as that. But it is just more disinformation that you lick up like a kitten that never had a mamma. THINK, OBSERVE

Come again the topic is Feinstein's propaganda is it not?

Love the deflection going on here.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Deflect what? I'm no fan of Feinstein.

McConnell calls himself a Republican.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If you think Boxer is more liberal, you're wrong.
At least according to Americans for Democratic Action, a liberal Washington group that ranks Washington politicians each year.
In 2009, the group said both senators were perfectly liberal, receiving scores of 100. But in 2008, Boxer received a score of 95 from the group, while Feinstein scored a 100.
The issue has become fodder in California's Senate race this year, with GOP nominee Carly Fiorina trying to draw distinctions between the two senators.
At a press conference in Washington on Tuesday, Fiorina blasted her opponent, Boxer, as a big-spending liberal, but she praised Feinstein's leadership.

Feinstein tops Boxer on liberal group's report card

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Feinstein is the topic here is she not ?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No the topic is fascism but there are too many people that are having difficulty identifying it as what it is. See you have been sucked into the infantile bickering about "liberals" and "conservatives" and "Republicans" and "Democrats" They have sucked you in to thinking it is the "other" party that is messing things all up.

They pose for the cameras and make their stump speeches and laugh at you for believing it.

They are one in the same.

You are fighting your brother while we ought to be fighting them.

However some people are too brainwashed to see it.

And THAT my friends is why we are where we are at today in this country.i

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No the topic is fascism but there are too many people that are having difficulty identifying it as what it is. See you have been sucked into the infantile bickering about "liberals" and "conservatives" and "Republicans" and "Democrats" They have sucked you in to thinking it is the "other" party that is messing things all up.

I love it when people tell me what I think.

I really do.

Have anything of substance here?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I say fire them all.

Say what?

Crazy Talk.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I say fire them all.

Say what?

Crazy Talk.

What good does that do?

They still get lifetime compensation from us.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is all laid out there for you to take a long hard look.

You don't want to, that's on you.

I am a little tired of fluoride doused people telling me about how there are these two parties and theirs "rocks".

The # is old.

I can't help you if you are unable to help yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

Feinstein is the topic here is she not ?

Feinstein is just another symptom of a massive freaking problem, a problem that exists whether there's a (D) or (R) after it's name... a problem that exists whether it calls itself Conservative or Liberal. My point in my reply to you was that you don't seem to understand that ideology and party affiliation seem to only matter to the voters anymore, not the actual politicians. The Left and Right are both being betrayed by the people we elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join