It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein: You’re Not a Real Journalist Unless You Draw a Salary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Laws can be changed......

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by neo96

It is all laid out there for you to take a long hard look.

You don't want to, that's on you.

I am a little tired of fluoride doused people telling me about how there are these two parties and theirs "rocks".

The # is old.

I can't help you if you are unable to help yourself.
edit on 10-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

First off i don't need anyone's 'help'.

I am a little tired of people telling me i have to agree with what they say I don't.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And that law definitely should change until they begin to behave like humans again at least.

The Executive and Legislative branches should all have their pay and health benefits suspended until they remember who they work for. They should have zero problem living off their donors since they seem to think they're the only ones that matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Journalist are only half the story. and there protections also protect photographers. There are many freelance photographers out there that would lose there protections under the First Amendment.

The First Amendment rights are used every day people that film cops that are misbehaving.

I know if i film a cop misbehaving i will use the First Amendment in a law suit against the cop if they take my cameras or delete my shots. I was a newspaper photographer years ago and still have a few of my press passes. and a few times since i have sold as a freelance.

I believe Feinstein is pushing this change in the laws for the police unions.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I think it's more a reaction to the fact that Americans are turning away from Corporate media and toward citizen journalism.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

ohhhh you meant money?

pffffffffffft....

Ro

( img src: urban salary train )
edit on 10-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Can't see the issue here, a blogger is no more a journalist than I am a formula 1 racing driver.
A journalist has to back up a story with facts or at least a source, have integrity and not be biased, bloggers don't have to have anything but feel the need to publicise their opinion.
There is a reason that journalists get paid, and paying a blogger doesn't get the result anywhere closer to journalism.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So whyis she taking away right for citizen journalists? Is this the first step in making citizen journalism illegal? Why would she want to do that unless she is trying to cover something up?

Did you guys know that the less legitimate our government is, the more likely we are going to be to go to war and lose to other countries like Russia, China and the E.U.? Our own citizens might be put in lockdown, but think about it -

What has our country done to other countries with totalitarian governments? We have invaded them.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I guess the word "Freelance" means nothing to her. I would submit that you are not a real congressman if you dont earn your drawn salary and you are a crook if you make more than your salary from inside deals.
If the "salaried" members of the media cant protect us by reporting on the truth then we need to broaden the definition of "the press" much like is done with the term "the militia" as it relates to the second amendment.
edit on 10-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I could seriously see her saying this. The liberals are really ticked off at the journalists as of late...

To me its just crazy talk here.... But from her can you expect anything less...

California Senator Dianne Feinstein has proposed an amendment to the Media Shield Law – an irrelevant law ignoring protection already afforded by the First Amendment – that would limit the law’s protection only to “real reporters,” not bloggers and other upstart alternative media types.

A real reporter, declared Madame Feinstein during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, is “a salaried agent” of a media company like the New York Times or ABC News, not a shoestring operation with volunteers and writers who are not paid.

Feinstein voiced her concern “that the current version of the bill would grant a special privilege to people who aren’t really reporters at all, who have no professional qualifications,” like bloggers and citizen journalists.

Link

-SAP-

Uh how can the liberals be ticked off at the media? I have always been told the liberals control the media???

But, but...the media is Liberal controlled ...right (except for Faux um Fox news of course)? Oh wait that is only when they are going against the Right. er right?

LOL

Time to stop thinking of anything in the LEFT/RIGHT division and start looking at the larger agenda that knows no party lines!
edit on 10-8-2013 by abeverage because: it might be time to wake up!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Uh how can the liberals be ticked off at the media? I have always been told the liberals control the media???

They do. Corporate media. Feinstein wants to keep it that way. Internet has allowed the Conservative view to be the new mainstream in today's age and that's very bad business for Liberals. This has reflected in massive drops in ratings for corporate news outlets and physical newspapers in the last decade.
edit on 10-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by ANNED

I think it's more a reaction to the fact that Americans are turning away from Corporate media and toward citizen journalism.

Precisely this ^

2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Sounds like a good way to be able to restrict journalists and only approve those with a partisan viewpoint.

Yeah! Politicians are tired of regular citizens getting up off of their butts, and holding them accountable! It's time to change this!
It's really horrible that someone can even say this publicly, and not even worry about any kind of backlash from it. Why don't they just say, yeah, we only want shills, afraid of their superiors, who won't ask tough questions. C'mon, Washington.

Sad times.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Everything that last is trying to do its harmful to freedom. It is unbelievable. The globalist are here and they hold the power so what are we going to do about it?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

OP, isn't it already the case that in anything like a major event, let alone political gathering, you're not media unless you have the approved and vetted cards declaring you are?

Seriously, as someone who'd kill to get into Journalism (my first and really strongest passion..but for lack of paying work) it's been my understanding that it's already very much a class system and this just gets into whether you get any protections or considerations under law at all without a media legal dept to defend it.

How pathetic of the politicians too. This story with others I've been following too in both D.C. and New York for 2 examples. They want corporate media and nothing but corp media....because that's all about money which is, what in the end? Control. Power and Control. Mr. Joe Smith at Smith's Corner Blog doesn't suck their money so doesn't get shut down so easy.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

They do. Corporate media. Feinstein wants to keep it that way. Internet has allowed the Conservative view to be the new mainstream in today's age and that's very bad business for Liberals. This has reflected in massive drops in ratings for corporate news outlets and physical newspapers in the last decade.
edit on 10-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

While you are correct that the Internet has been good to break down the OLD control

When you say it is bad business are you kidding me? Think about who owns Corporate media and heck even the word is synonymous with Right.

The massive drops in ratings comes because people are not in a LEFT/RIGHT paradigm anymore. Most Americans, heck most humans are centrists we are only being kept divided by issues that will not fix this countries and others financial woes. Issues like who should marry whom affect us little at home in our wallets but keep us separated.

The drops are coming because people want media on their own terms on their own time! Most of us no longer watch TV news like drones of a bygone era! We have better things to do.

Conservative media is being lost as well don't be fooled, the only reason it hasn't lost as much is an older generation who does not know how to UNPLUG and is still willing believe progress can be reversed. And the OLD BOYS business establishment still clinging to 20th century communication models who still can't figure out how just get that moronic Facebook crowd to buy their crappy made in China products...

Believe me Fox news will jump on a bandwagon about this as well as it serves the greater Agenda in an effort to erode free speech.

Oh and what's a newspaper?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Sounds like a good way to be able to restrict journalists and only approve those with a partisan viewpoint.

Yeah! Politicians are tired of regular citizens getting up off of their butts, and holding them accountable! It's time to change this!
It's really horrible that someone can even say this publicly, and not even worry about any kind of backlash from it. Why don't they just say, yeah, we only want shills, afraid of their superiors, who won't ask tough questions. C'mon, Washington.

Sad times.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

It is sad. If you watched the press conference Friday you see what shills the media are. They are allowed one question, and are handpicked by the administration beforehand. He doesn't give press conferences to a press corp that purposes to hold the Executive branch accountable, he gives Castro-like speeches, then answers a single softball question from handpicked Praetorian journalists.

Quite sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When you say it is bad business are you kidding me? Think about who owns Corporate media and heck even the word is synonymous with Right.

Lol! If it weren't bad business Feinstein would be crying.

You don't start getting flack until you're over the target.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by SloAnPainful

You are clueless. There is no difference between the parties. See you are still stuck in the make believe world of two parties. Because they espouse on a platform does not make them an adherent.

And on edit: She is the most powerful woman on that hill.

Okay fine, Feinstein isn't a liberal
, that's not what the thread was about...

But hey I guess, I'm just "clueless" because I still tend to side with a certain political party and have my own opinions... Never been bashed so hard over one comment...

Not everyone shares the same ideas as you...

-SAP-
edit on 10-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's hard to imagine that CA has this woman representing us. LOL....some may say people here are "crazy", but how could the state that was once known for Free Love, Free Speech and Individuals Freedom continue to elect this blatant "tool" of a woman. I will do everything in my power to see she is driven out.

The problem is that the older "Liberals" lol, for lack of a better word ,and Feminists of my Parents generation still cling to the notion that somehow she is better then a Conservative Man, I personally think both parties are so corrupt a Third Party is the only solution.

This is a funny clip from the White House correspondence Dinner where the "real" journalists and celebs are wined and dined as the POTUS does his little comedy routine.....

You'll notice Conan refers to bloggers as the Goth kids from High School, basically the outcasts......

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join