It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, I just rescue a black cat how about that!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It was raining like crazy about the time the stock market closed at 4 PM I was watching one of my stocks "Sprint" (S) I'd bought 2512 shares about two weeks ago for $5.79 head up to 7.25 (oooo!) and a few others I've got, and thought ...I got to got to the store as soon as the rain breaks..

I got up from the 'puter and put on my sneakers and looked out the front door.

A little black cat was under my front porch, I said to myself ..."crap!"

I open the door and it looked up at me and I said to myself..."here we go!"

I (it let me) picked it up, and brought it in the house ( I live alone with my cat Millie, since my wife died in 2010), I showed Millie the cat and said, "don't mess with this cat till I get back!", I ran to my car, and of course there was a Lizard on the hood...Jezzz...

I caught the lizard with my "still" fake this a way dodge.. grab! I put the Lizard in my front hedge..whewww!

Anyway.. I made it to the store and got my stuff and came back and now after 3 hours the cats are getting along fine.

I think on Monday (if) Sirius radio is at 3.83 I'm gonna sell about 1000 shares and take the "new" black" cat to the Vet!

I will say, Like I did for Millie (who was a stray) Give it the works!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

ha ha !

I just got my Yamaha Guitar out of the closet. I'll be playing that song like a pro..

edit on 9-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a great day, Ruff! And who said black cats are unlucky? I really dig my crazy rescued black kitty, too...her name is "Lucky."

edit on 9-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hey, right on bro!

I just put this on face book...

When I was in the Navy we bombed and attacked I was with "The Barn Owls", Attack Squadron 215.

I am now watching the world go to crap.

I saved a little black cat today. It was in the rain and could have been smashed by a car.

I stopped and grabbed it.

Its now safe in my house.

If only the people of the world would do this...

edit on 9-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Just an update...

I have a lot of new female Friends now on 'face book' OMG!

more as I'm typing this LOL!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Just an update...

Get off face book asap. Not much time left.

Never had a cat yet. Cats are demons. House-cats that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Are you nuts

I've been through two wars.

I think I can handle a few chicks on face book. Jeezeee

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

How dare you post a thread about how you adopted a cute little black kitten without posting any pics for us to go "awww" over. :shk:

Still congratulations on your new family member. Now act like a real proud parent and get to posting those pics.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

How dare you post a thread about how you adopted a cute little black kitten without posting any pics for us to go "awww" over. :shk:

Still congratulations on your new family member. Now act like a real proud parent and get to posting those pics.

Yeah..Ok..

I finally got her to calm down..(I learned that in the Navy) she is now crashed.....

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I could spend hours petting that kitty.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Congratulations on rescuing the cute kitty but....if it was that friendly and let you pick it up, it might belong to someone else. Maybe you should check around first before spending on vet bills. I checked around first before rescuing my all white deaf persian kitty. She has been with me for many years now. Wishing you the best.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

My Vet has all that covered.

Hey, I'm a smart airman!! The Navy invested millions of bucks on me baby...know what I mean jelly bean.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So is the new cat and the other cat getting along ok? It usually takes a while. I used to seperate any new cat for a while and take it out into the main rooms for certain amounts of time to get used to my other cats and them to the new cat. Did that for years. I am down to just the one kitty now.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I would say that that black cat was lucky you crossed its path.

Egypt, an advanced civilization, worshiped the cat. According to my cat, according to cat history, Egypt became an advanced civilization only after it started worshiping cats.

Males have a saying about dogs being their best friend. That is because many men throughout the ages have failed at winning over cats and thus had to resort to the next best animal for companionship. To those poor souls' credit, cats indeed display an independent nature, bordering on aloofness. Cats will stare at you. and you will not understand what they are thinking, which is highly disconcerting to the male psyche, enough so, that temporary insanity establishes itself in many a man's brain and drives the poor thing, the man not the cat, from a room.

Only the strongest, most intelligent, most pure hearted man can ever attain the honor of being a cats best person. You, sir, are truly blessed. ... As is my husband, our cat's best friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just curious. Have you got its name already?? You're not calling it - new black cat or are you?

Ours was tiggy, just passed away last Sunday. Don't think we'll get another one, it's too sad and painful to bare when they go...... although they are such good companions - easier than humans to handle, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CamyoW

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Perhaps in time, you will heal enough to allow a new kitty into your life that desperately needs a home and to be loved.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

Just an update...

Get off face book asap. Not much time left.

Never had a cat yet. Cats are demons. House-cats that is.

Wow! What a reaction
I love animal rescue stories.

edit on 14-8-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Great job on your rescue mission! Black kitties aren't often safe out there so glad she found you. I rescued my own last Christmas when I didn't even know I wanted a cat lol. Saw an ad come across online for the Humane Society with her cute little mug and story of how she'd been there for 5 months and needed a home for the holiday. She too, is all black with huge green eyes, 3 yrs young and apparently came out of a hoarders home. She was a bit reserved at first but I brought her home with me and let her settle in at her own comfort. It didn't take too long. Now she loves to plays chase around the house with my Shih Tzu, soaks up the attention and is just a hoot. Hope it works out for you and kudos again. ~Lu

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've got 3 black cats. It just ended up that way. All were rescued at different times as kittens.
It is sometimes hard to tell them apart. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join