It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

“These African Americans, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” ~~ President Lyndon B. Johnson

Edit for PC.

Democrats first used brutality and discriminatory laws to stop blacks from voting for Republicans. Democrats now use deception and government handouts to keep blacks from voting for Republicans. In his book, “Dreams From My Father,” President Barack Obama described what he and other Democrats do to poor blacks as “plantation politics.”

Plantation Politics
edit on 10-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh cool - a republican biased you-tube video.

How about real education, as opposed to you-tube entertainment.

www.scholastic.com...

The parties have evolved and switched several times over the country's history. The original Republican party was an off-shoot of the Federalist party (strong central government). The original Democratic party was an off-shoot of Jefferson's Democratic Republicans (states rights take precedence over federal government). Lincoln was a Republican who believed in big government and high tariffs (taxes). Then you have the Northern Democrats (who are more like the Democratic party of today), and the Southern Democrats (who became the new Republicans)

To say that they have never switched platforms during our history is ... well, stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Why don't you read that Johnson Quote.

If someone wants a 'real education'.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Garkiniss

Nahhh...graduating with Honors and going to Law School, but thanks anyway.

Again, when you have a point to make in intellectual discourse, you should be able to articulate the main points in discussion.

Telling others to 'read this book' or to 'watch this vid' is not making a point; it actually means that you may not even understand the argument yourself.

Did you graduate with a B.A. in hypocrisy as well?

I mean, I love the double standard.
You've posted several vids in this thread trying to "make a point" while praising others for posting vids that agree with your view in this discussion.

GMAFB

You asked for evidence, and I've provided you with evidence. I'm still waiting to see where exactly the EO calls for special treatment of blacks via a pass from punishment.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

. . . . OK . . . to a point.

A HUGE percentage of the

'both parents living noses to the grind stone'

are

CHOICES

to try and be slaves to American mass brainwashing/advertising in terms of

KEEPING UP WITH THE JONES'S

Folks who are able to reign in their 'lusting after junk'

are able to be good parents on a lot less without any great suffering in terms of lack of essentials and sufficient fun stuff.

Yeah, the oligarchy has coerced, manipulated, brainwashed the culture in FAMILY DESTROYING--and particularly DADDY SHREDDING ways

deliberately--they KNEW it would produce horrific degrees of crime and social distress, violence etc. They've known that for AT LEAST 40 years and probably much longer.

That's their goal. Their boss from hell LOVES DESTRUCTION.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

YES AND NO.

It is BOTH/AND

The prisons are filled . . . 95% of the prisoners have had HORRIFIC DEGREES of ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

People don't come out of the womb bullies, robbers, murderers, rapists, . . .

People are conditioned in various ways by various forces.

The first 6-8 years of life turn out to have LIFE-LONG RESULTS IN TERMS OF CONDITIONING. That's just a FACT.

It is not the child's 100% responsibility for what they have become.

It is not the parent's 100% responsibility for what the child becomes.

However, I have NEVER in all my 40 years as an adult and all my 35 or so years counseling . . . I have

seen, observed

a case where the parents were emotionally bonded in healthy ways to their children--particularly the Dad--wherein

as adults, the children rebelled and became dysfunctional.

Whenever pastors or psychologist peers claimed to know of a case, it usually took me 1-5 questions to ferret out where the rot set in. And it was always in the first 8 years of life. Sometimes some other hits occurred in the early teen years but the most telling was the first 8 years of life.

And WHERE THE FATHER WAS EMOTIONALLY BONDED to the children from birth on, I never saw even teen rebellion. INDIVIDUATION, YES. But not rebellion.

Again . . . DISCIPLINE WITHOUT SUFFICIENT EMOTIONALLY BONDED RELATIONSHIP

PRODUCES REBELLION and all the horrid fruit of rebellion.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Education is not about money never has been.

So your kids will be going to Yale or Princeton or Harvard then?

Here in the UK its undeniable that money buys the privilege of a private education, with all the trimmings that come with such an education, like connections. This is why our political and media elite is almost exclusively from this privately educated class.

Inner city schools are notoriously underfunded, as are the areas which have high ethnic minority populations(generally the poor inner city areas). Local government corruption is rife is "poor" areas.

Money really does make the world go around.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Please don't include me in that "all."

I want blacks to get every reasonable advantage they can get.

Ditto for whites, Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians etc.

There's no excuse for prejudicial lop-sided handing out of opportunities, imho.

Nevertheless,

ALSO, there's little lasting excuse for individuals failing to do what they can to better themselves. Plenty of black folks have demonstrated that to the hilt.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Then your not listening.

Education is not about money never has been.

If people think that intelligence is determined by the amount of how many billions are thrown at people then they are wrong.

Of course call me racist always makes people 'right'.

What was the name of that movie years ago . . . I think it was about a Principal in a disadvantaged neighborhood High School. Or a teacher . . . he made excellent competitive students in the midst of poverty. He motivated his students to excel over the top of all their obstacles.

There are such realities here and there. Too few. But if one or a handful can do it, others can do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a way to interact without chat--that seemed to produce antivirus glitches somehow.

How about an email to send questions or comments into? Or an active thread for that section of the LIVE program?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Why?

So they can turn out like GW and Obama?

Like my kids too much for that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sounds like you've swallowed the propaganda.

I think many of those REGRESSIVE items you listed could be shown to be hollow or actually the opposite of what the REGRESSIVES actually did in Congress and other places.

If anything, the REgressives have fostered greater degrees of suffering and acting out on the part of the poor--particularly in terms of stuff related to DEPENDENCY ADDICTION.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Talking about Stand and Deleiver with Edward James Olmos?

Second.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

Why?

So they can turn out like GW and Obama?

Like my kids too much for that.

Sort of sidestepped the point there.

Why would you pay for your childs education?

Simply to help them do better in life than they would do with a state education.
They can go to a good school and as long as a parent takes up their responsibility to guide their kids morally then there is nothing to worry about.

But my point is that good education is ALL about money. Especially now.

It also depends on how you look at education, whether you see education as indoctrination, or whether you see it as creating opportunity.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You cannot believe everything Obama says or writes. He has also cut education. Chicago kids are learning from teachers who have PHD's. They do not do particularly well in college. Many people in the US live in a white world and are not sure what to think when that changes. It is like the boys on one side and girls on the other at their first dance. We are just not sure if the other group will accept us and there is fear of physical and emotional injury. Another issue is between city people and rural people. Our different lifestyles and expectations can create large gaps in our intrests which means we can't seem to mesh.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PicPerfect
reply to post by ButterCookie

. . . A lot of serial killers had both parents in the home. . . .

Show me.

Not in the last several decades.

Though I suppose it somewhat, in a few cases, might depend on what

"in the home" meant.

A workaholic father is not REALLY "IN THE HOME"

in ways the kids NEED . . . in terms of availability, emotional bondedness etc.

I can't think of a single case of serial killers with both parents being truly IN THE HOME.

Shoot, I actually, can't think of ANY recent years' cases where the dad was around at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Talking about Stand and Deleiver with Edward James Olmos?

Second.

Hmmmm. Haven't seen that one.

I think the title was shorter. It was quite a dramatic movie. A tear jerker.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why don't you read that Johnson Quote.

If someone wants a 'real education'.

"...if by a liberal they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, their civil liberties..if that is what they mean by a "liberal" then I am proud to be a liberal."
inspirationalquote.blogspot.com...

John F. Kennedy, President of the United States, Democrat

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I agree, my most oft foe. (
)

We need to look at the problem. Obama's "solution" addresses one of the symptoms. NOT the problem.

There is a growing concern with black youths in todays society. I blame government and entitlement mentality for much of it.

We(collectively) have lost the ability and desire to take care of our own. We have abdicated so much of our individual responsibility to government that when government steps in to correct the issue (no matter how poorly) we complain, but where in the hell were we when the issue initiated?

A solution might be to take back that initial responsibility from the government and return it to families and neighborhoods where it rightly belongs.
FORCE people to take care of their children.
FORCE people to be responsible for their child's education.
FORCE people to be responsible.

Not that this would happen. People (for the most part) abhor personal responsibility. Too much work and it takes away time from tv.

-And that, good sir, is about the most honest answer I can and have ever provided.

We agree yet again Beez, thanks for backing up my points, this is an issue that knows no color but is being thrown out there as racially divisive to start s***.

Like how all serial killers are white men. Give me a flippin break.

You guys might be hearing from me on ATS live tonight

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join