It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Jay Leno - "There is no spying on Americans"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
:shk: A comment from Obama worthy of a comedy show. No wonder he said it on Leno ...

NPR - Obama to Leno - 'There is No Spying on Americans'

President Obama on Tuesday defended the U.S. government's surveillance programs, telling NBC's Jay Leno that: "There is no spying on Americans."

"We don't have a domestic spying program," Obama said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terrorist attack. ... That information is useful."

He's still trying to sell it.
Is anyone out there still buying this horse manure?

Side note - And on Hillary Clinton he said -

Obama said he invited former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to a recent luncheon at the White House. "She had that post-administration glow," Obama said, and called her a "great secretary of state."

'Post administration glow". I thought that particular use of imagery to be strange and disturbing.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

And the president says of Russia's Putin, "There are times when they slip back into Cold War thinking and Cold War mentality. What I continually say to them and to President Putin, that’s the past."

The future for America is to be a Soviet Union and Obama thinks that is the trendy thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

With all the revelations that have come out about the NSA, I really don't know how Obama can say these things and keep a straight face.

He was on a comedy show, maybe he thinks it's funny.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Obama said he invited former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to a recent luncheon at the White House. "She had that post-administration glow," Obama said, and called her a "great secretary of state."

LOL! "post-administration glow" is Obama's way of saying, "I can't wait to get the hell out of this office"!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

actually being away from the responsibility for some of the thousands of paid yahoos out in these departments, who, have their own little fiefdoms, and political leanings, is probably a big relief.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
"post-administration glow" is Obama's way of saying, "I can't wait to get the hell out of this office"!

I had sexual imagery in mind. Post coitus glow. Like he'd screwed Hillary over and his statement about post-administration glow was really a knock against her. But perhaps I"m just reading imagery into something that isn't there. Anyways, that's what came to mind when I heard it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There's no spying on Americans, we just keep a log of your emails, phone conversations, web searches, etc that will never, ever be used for the wrong reasons, or to blackmail public servants who need a bit of prodding to pass legislation that is detrimental to the public at large.

Nothing to worry about at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
"We don't have a domestic spying program," Obama said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

I guess the people above him do instead.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I guess the people above him do instead.

Well .. there is that, isn't there? Obama, and any other POTUS, is only a temporary employee in DC. They don't have a 'need to know' about a lot of things. So perhaps he really is in the dark. If that's the case, then he's pretty dang stupid not to see the writing on the wall about the spying ...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Like a terminal patient shopping around for the most favorable diagnosis.

While the cancer rots you from the inside out you desperately seek that one quack who will tell you drinking an herbal tea will make it all go away and that's the doctor you listen to and believe despite the dozen others left behind who beg you to begin therapy now or you'll be dead in three months.

When the POTUS and others look you in the eye and blow smoke a good number of people out there see the face, hear the words and breathe a sigh of relief because it's what they wanted to hear and what they'll choose to believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

We don't have a domestic spying program," Obama said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Was this an effort to hide the truth in plain sight by telling a lie so blatantly obvious that no one would notice?

I'm not sure which is indeed harder to believe... that Obama would say that on national TV or that the audience didn't fall out of their seats and roll across the studio floor laughing their patooties off.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The US may not have a domestic program in place to spy on Americans. What it does have is a mechanism in place to purchase/aquire personal information via private corporations. That way, it is the private corporations that is doing all the "spying" and an end around to the Consititution in this matter is in place and working as intended. It isn't that the US or NSA or any other alphabet agency is directly "spying" on you. It is the private sector that is. If something of interest comes along, then enter the secret FISA courts.

Makes one wonder how much private industry charges...

So yea... he can say that but it is only a half truth. Just enough of the truth to fool most anyone that will pick up the soundbite who really pays little attention to these matters.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I always imagined American government spying on everyone but now with Obama saying officially in Jay leno and all that they are not,I feel much relieved and i can finally sleep better tonight.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

The US may not have a domestic program in place to spy on Americans.

Yes, they do.
They get a lot of the info from corporations, but they are using the Prism program to do it. They used their muscle (FISA court) to make the corporations supply the info.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Good Lord... The shark has fully been jumped on this one...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
:shk: A comment from Obama worthy of a comedy show. No wonder he said it on Leno ...

NPR - Obama to Leno - 'There is No Spying on Americans'

President Obama on Tuesday defended the U.S. government's surveillance programs, telling NBC's Jay Leno that: "There is no spying on Americans."

"We don't have a domestic spying program," Obama said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terrorist attack. ... That information is useful."

He's still trying to sell it.
Is anyone out there still buying this horse manure?

Side note - And on Hillary Clinton he said -

'Post administration glow". I thought that particular use of imagery to be strange and disturbing.

that must be the glow of getting away with murder and coming back for more. seems many in DC have this glow about them.

obama trying to blatantly lie on camera these days, is even apparent to the sleeping masses, it should serve to enlighten quite a few people.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"There is no spying on Americans"

"These are not the drones you've been looking for"

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

By giving her the SecSt. position, he quite literally did.

That was such a mistake on her part... she should have kept her senatorial seat in New York... ...and she leaves the administration in mid stream? That's not going to resonate well with the Dem rank and file...

As for the Leno remark? Lying with a straight face on national TV is what pols do...and he's a pol. Deny. Deny. Deny...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Stunned disbelief that he actually said something so blatantly false?

Naaah... I don't believe it either...

It's that apathy, disconnect of the, seemingly, majority of Americans that is coming home to roost...

Every four years to click the lever, punch the chad, color the circle, is enough for most of us... After that, it's time for summer reruns of "breads and circuses"...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
His statement is so unbelievably ridiculous.

It's like him saying: "The United States doesn't have a military. What we do have is some armed men, some tanks and some fighter jets that can be used against anyone who opposes us."

This is truly Orwellian. To him and his administration cronies it probably is the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join