It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the cusp of a world changing event?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I usually don't double post, but this thread has sparked so much in me.

I would like to remind everyone that our current state of living is just not working. As I said to my family members over and over.

When the crisis hit in 2008 there was no problem, why? The banks had no money however the government did. Now its a sh*t load worse, the banks have no money but neither have the government.

Following the rules of our economy we aren't allowed to function any further. They can't allow this because the worst thing that could happen is that the people find out their money means #, if the system goes fubar.

They know if a WAR would happen people could care less about their money, heck the whole system can collapse and people will just want the war to be over and then see what happens.

Before every big world war, be it rome or WW2 there was prelude of financial crisis. I'm glad its happening, rather today then in 20 years.

Now back on topic. the biggest mistake is for people to think there are two sides of this story. The sad truth is that they are all on the same team, and we are just cattle that's getting loudmouthed and stubborn.

Ty for this thread. And for once, my American friends, remember this isn't just about the US. We are heading for a World Wide Event.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I feel something in the air,
Earthquake,Tsunami meteor, false flag, double false flag.
Oh don't know that one?
That's when forces inside & outside the US government try
destabilizing the country to ruin Obama.

And didn't FOX tell us the top half of the Sun
blew off and was heading our way last week?
Why? Why so obviously bad science? The Discover
Editor at large looks incredibly uncomfortable, lying
and embellishing the way he did. Yeah Carl Sagan..
What are they up to?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I hope and pray that I am wrong... I really do. I hope in a few months I can look back on this thread and have a bit of a laugh. I am just calling it the way I see it, and at the moment, it really isn't looking very pretty. I am generally not a fatalist... in fact, I am usually quite the optimist... It's difficult to have an optimistic outlook, however, when the world seems to be spinning out of control as we watch.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Something Just hit me, and I feel stupid I didn't think of this sooner?

What has been happening the past few months and have only been increasing?

GOLD, country's are stocking up on gold. China, Russia, Germany. Why?

Because in times of war, currency loses all its value. They will need gold to trade, also right now OIL is backed by the PETROL DOLLAR , and big players like china and Saudi Arabia have been wanting to change that and lose the Petrol dollar, which isn't allowed or else the dollar would sink so fast.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey, I won't discount feelings-I remember feeling a significant calm the night of 9/10/11, like the world was holding its breath. It actually made me stop for a moment and consider meditating, which is weird, because I don't meditate.

The world has already changed and continues to change every day. The US Government knows this, which is why they're issuing a frustratingly vague warning-we don't know what, but something will happen, we don't know where, but somewhere in the Middle East, and we don't know when, but sometime in the next 30 days. Wow. Way to cover your bases, Obie. I'm sure something will occur in that area in that time.

People have been saying the President needs a distraction. I don't think so. Most people either haven't heard, don't care, or can't do anything about the almost weekly scandals that are surfacing. The government itself is supposed to do that job, but they are way too tied into the politics and the money of these situations to do anything.

I don't think Al Queda-which has been reduced to trying to set off bombs that don't or barely work (at least in the US,) is going to do much of anything against us.

This is a chess move. It cost us a few million to close down some embassies, and that's pocket change to a nation with an actual debt of $70 trillion. What the end game is, I don't pretend to know. But it's been all about misdirection lately. Last year, when conspiracy theorists were looking at the London Olympics, certain that something was going to happen there, instead we got sucker-punched with a domestic mass shooting. And while people were waiting for the end of the world, we got hit with another mass shooting. So, don't look to the Middle East. Look elsewhere, IMO.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Snsoc because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hence why a war is inevitable. War is the only solution to over come this global financial debacle, how will they continue if the world knows they can't continue with that much debt. Answer : WAR.

After a war its a complete new game.

Hmmm, I would have to disagree with your assumption that 'war' is 'inevitable' because it "..is the only solution to over come this global financial debacle, how will they continue if the world knows they can't continue with that much debt."

I understand, obviously, historically this may have influenced Nations looking for dominance (Germany, Roman Empire, Persians, Japanese.....etc.) however, I think it also shows that the party/nation/group that begins/initiates the aggression ultimately loses or becomes substantially ineffective in Global affairs during a given period of time: Decades/Century.

Again, assumptions, theories, allegations, opinions are all on the table and are free to be expressed. So I appreciate your observation and follow its merits.

However, It is my opinion, that in this instance, we are looking down the explosive barrel of Islamic Militant Terrorists who 'HATE" everything about Western culture that their only existence is to bring terror, destruction and death to the infidel (Those that don't think like they do). It is that basic!! Now, under the covers, are there other strategic things occurring??? You bet!! But this warning is specific and is isolated and does not have to correlate to anything other than a fanatical religious Jihad against Western Cultures. I remain open minded, but as I articulated earlier, I believe this is situation, this warning involves cultural ideologies that are polar opposites. Just my take for now.

edit on 4-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hence why a war is inevitable. War is the only solution to over come this global financial debacle, how will they continue if the world knows they can't continue with that much debt. Answer : WAR.

After a war its a complete new game.

Exactly

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
The more I myself ponder on all that is happening and all that I can discern to be true, the more solid I become in the conclusion that The West (which is all I have personal experience with) is truly totally controlled by abject forces of evil, that do not even care if they themselves live or die. Their objective is simple, from what I can surmise: maximize suffering in the most efficient way possible, and destroy or pervert all that is good.

The West? What about the stone age barbarian muslim terrorists? From where I sit they are much more evil than the west. But that is the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? This whole world is under management of the evil one, until his time is up.

It is the muslim "martyrs" that don't care if they live or die and try to take all life around them out when they do die. Destroy & pervert all that is good? Isn't that straight out of the Koran? Wasn't that Mohammed's goal, force to convert or destroy?

I hope nothing major happens this month. But I do believe times are getting short for this corrupt world. "As it was in the days of Noah..."

edit on 4-8-2013 by blockhead because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by blockhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
It just seems as though the timing of this is too "convenient"... and the best way to deflect attention from domestic issues is for the feces to hit the fan somewhere else... this coupled with joint Russian/Chinese "anti-terrorism" exercises in the Urals, a visiting Russian fleet in Cuba, Israeli attacks on Syria, and wild cards like Iran and Egypt in the mix... it just doesn't bode well...

Again, this is all speculation, but well educated speculation. Granted, you can say that the government took this action as a preventative measure, but our government hasn't done anything that can be called trustworthy in a long time... it seems more akin to posturing than anything else...
edit on 4-8-2013 by madmac5150 because: Clarity of thought

Your skepticism is understandable. But, "convenient"? Really? Is there a better time for the Jihadist to kill the Infidel?.....Sorry for the sarcasm, but, S does HTF sometimes and you can't always set your watch to that specific time.

It just seems to me that most of the 'issues' Egypt, Iran, Syria, Al Qaeda....have been going on for years. Arab Spring started 2 years ago.....the financial collapse happened in 2008, things happen every day of the week all over the world. I just feel that sometimes 'WE" me included rush to knee-jerk reactions and immediately run off to find the 'real' answer. You may ask why? Well because we have been mislead it would appear or the full truth has never been revealed many times it appears and that causes skepticism and a cynical response.

I just happen to believe that in this case, personally speaking, I do not smell a rat. I think this is the real deal. We found about 'actionable' intelligence by a terrorist organization in a plot to do significant harm, destruction, death to Western interests. As far as I know, that is ALL 'we' know so far, the general public.

I choose to remain centered right there for now with what I know. In this instance, I am choosing not to throw the kitchen sink into the mix and all of the other potentially paranoid probabilities. I am not directing this to anyone specific, but rather, simply to say, let's just look at the facts. Speculate all you want, but, don't take your eye off the threat. Sometimes when they say the S is HTF and it's over >>>>HERE......it really is. As the day closes in the U.S., nothing appears to have happened, as a new Monday begins to rise in the Middle East, let's continue to hope that we have prevented a significant event of destruction from happening. Peace!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't have a lot of time to post. (Nothing dramatic, just about to head out the door.)

I did find it interesting that this afternoon the State Department has decided to keep several embassies closed until Friday. Another thing that struck me was this quote:

CNN has agreed to a request from an Obama administration official not to publish or broadcast additional details because of the sensitivity of the information.

Source

Also, if the embassies are the target, what is stopping the attackers from hushing up about things until the locations reopen, and then commencing their plans? It seems like a delay of the inevitable, since the government is so sure that an attack is imminent. Aside from that, if they are not sure that the embassies are the target, how is their closure protecting other targets?

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dont know a whole lot about what some of you folks are talking about, however! I do know that even IF they heard some "Chatter" they WOULD NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE because when it comes to security YOU DONT TELL THE ENEMY ANYTHING!!!

This has been placed into the public arena to for a purpose. We should consider what that purpose might be.
edit on 4-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm concerned because when i read about the jail breaks and the statements from al qaeda, I immediately figured that the CIA had a hand in this and that this is a response to the ousting of morsi. I'm now looking for huge violence in egypt and the US getting involved to lock it back down. They made a statement that the US ousted morsi, but I still think morsi was their guy. Waiting for the false flag attack now.

I just read an article that the US was going to try to work with the new Iranian president and I thought Great!... Then I was like "whuuu?" What if they want to intervene in Egypt without Iran getting involved and leading to the regional war we are expecting to happen any time now. I still think that Iran helped arrange the ousting of morsi. Not controlling Egypt through the guise of the Mb weakens Israel.

playing nice this week then next week BAM... something big happens.

i don't know... but then again, I'm pretty sure the confusion is quite deliberate.
edit on 4-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This would be an interesting theory...except it falls apart in light of this...

Many Embassies to Reopen Monday

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I dont know a whole lot about what some of you folks are talking about, however! I do know that even IF they heard some "Chatter" they WOULD NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE because when it comes to security YOU DONT TELL THE ENEMY ANYTHING!!!

This has been placed into the public arena to for a purpose. We should consider what that purpose might be.

Is it plausible that it has been broadcasted into the public arena to protect people? If you are a Westerner working in any of the North African/Middle Eastern/Asian areas where there is the potential for death and destruction from Radical Islamic Terrorists, it probably makes sense to tell the employee from Dell, IBM, Goodyear, Coca Cola, Pepsi, McDonalds and anyone working on behalf of the government that there is word on the street that someone is looking to kill you!! I think that is the primary purpose of these alerts, announcements especially in Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Afghan, Pakistan, Turkey and at least another 10 or so locations.

Although I recognize your point, the dilemma, do you say 'some' things to protect a bunch of people, but by doing so, you have announced to the enemy that you know somethings up, or say nothing, put a bunch of people potentially in harms way? In this case, I agree with the current dissemination of information to the public. Be aware, be cautious, be aware!! Better safe than sorry, I say!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

we have been for the past few years.. the end of the world predicted by some pastor, then 2012, before the nibiru and there were a few more that i am sure i forgot about. oh and a few other asteroids..and you can't forget the ever imminent ww3
edit on 4-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Is it plausible that it has been broadcasted into the public arena to protect people? If you are a Westerner working in any of the North African/Middle Eastern/Asian areas where there is the potential for death and destruction from Radical Islamic Terrorists, it probably makes sense to tell the employee from Dell, IBM, Goodyear, Coca Cola, Pepsi, McDonalds and anyone working on behalf of the government that there is word on the street that someone is looking to kill you!! I think that is the primary purpose of these alerts, announcements especially in Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Afghan, Pakistan, Turkey and at least another 10 or so locations.

Although I recognize your point, the dilemma, do you say 'some' things to protect a bunch of people, but by doing so, you have announced to the enemy that you know somethings up, or say nothing, put a bunch of people potentially in harms way? In this case, I agree with the current dissemination of information to the public. Be aware, be cautious, be aware!! Better safe than sorry, I say!!!!

I think they could do all that without revealing what they supposedly heard.
As it stands, if we take this to be true, they have told the bad guys quite a lot! I dont think the security forces are that silly.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

As it stands, if we take this to be true, they have told the bad guys quite a lot! I dont think the security forces are that silly.

Ok, what am I missing? All i know is that the U.S. State Department and the Administration have revealed that they have found 'actionable' intellegence about a 'real' and 'significant' threat by Al Qaeda and its affiliates to do a Terrorist act that could kill a lot of people and cause a lot of destruction. What else have they told the enemy?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One of the things that for me indicates that some kind of significant American action may be forthcoming is that US initiatives across North Africa and the Middle East are not going exactly to plan in my opinion. I think the Americans were aware of the possible onset of the Arab Spring before it happened and that they adapted adroitly to circumstances acting as facilitators and catalysts for change in the region.

They used a crowbar and pried open Pandora's Box in the region, a box that had been carefully welded shut by the likes of Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad and Mubarak in their respective countries. The Americans destabilized those important countries and made it possible for those places to be taken over by puppet strongmen, compliant to the money making plans of foreign companies, particularly oil companies.

Unfortunately the forces they unleashed are running amuck and creating new difficulties. Syria finally woke up to the serious challenge they faced from the Americans and, having seen what NATO did in Libya, they started networking with Russia, Iran and Hezbollah in order to bring the "cakewalk" through the region to an end.

Now things are serious. Syria may be about to become the Poland of the 21st century.

I think the Iranian nuclear issue is a complete red herring in everyone's mind except the Israeli's. It is simply an excuse to push Iran around and force regime change. I suspect that those in the region would like to see American influence terminated at the Iraqi border. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

I think it is the American intention to pull an independent Kurdistan out of their magic hat and point that entity at the western end of Iran, to attempt to carve a piece of Iran off the main body. The timetable for this is a year or two away, I think, but events in Syria are not going according to plan.

I think the US must adjust matters in Syria before they deal with Iran, but the way things are going, i.e., badly, they may do something precipitate, like invading Syria.

Options on the chess board in that most important of regions are diminishing. I think the Americans would like Azerbaijan and "Kurdistan" to control a sizeable chunk of western Iranian territory because of the oil resources in that area.

We may be entering the next phase of the resource wars that started in 2001. In this phase, Russia gets involved. There could be a major showdown over these issues.

America went to war with Iraq, not because of Iraqi oil, but because Saddam was a villain. America helped the Libyan insurgents, not because of oil but because Gaddafi was a villain. America is assisting Syrian insurgents, not because of oil but because Assad is a villain. America is confronting Iran, not because of oil but because they are nuclear villains.

The big bad wolf went after the three little pigs, not because they were food, but because he was enforcing the building codes.

I agree with the OP. I think something big might be about to happen. I think it is more likely to be in Syria than Iran.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
there wont be any war, relax people. if anything it could be something small, designed to just show how much "good" the nsa retards are doing, take a little heat off the management. but war, lol no one has any money to go to war and printing wont work for that since it would probably devalue any nations currency in a hurry.

You don't need money to go to war. You go to war because you need money. Come on...........

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Ok, what am I missing? All i know is that the U.S. State Department and the Administration have revealed that they have found 'actionable' intellegence about a 'real' and 'significant' threat by Al Qaeda and its affiliates to do a Terrorist act that could kill a lot of people and cause a lot of destruction. What else have they told the enemy?

Namely the following:

"That we've compromised one of the communication methods used to "plan" this and it's time for you to stop using it and move on to another."

I don't even believe in "terrorists" I was just pointing out one of the possibilities there...
edit on 4-8-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join