It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I know why conspiracy theories are mocked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Correct me if I misunderstood you, but you're saying 9/11 conspiracy is false because some people have ridiculous notions about it?

I'm saying that I understand why conspiracy theories are mocked.

- Absolutely ridiculous theories that are presented.
- The attitudes of those who present the absolutely absurd theories. They ALWAYS resort to insults and tirades instead of just sticking to a discussion about facts.
- The refusal of those 9/11 truther devotees to look at any facts that dispute their pet theory. It's like they have become religious fundamentalists in regards to their pet theories. It has become their faith. And when facts are presented that destroy that faith ... they get violent and insulting with their language.

The behaviors of these people RUINS conspiracy theories for everyone else ... everyone else who are really interested in finding truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

FlyersFan
According to some of the 'truthers' ...

(Sorry for not reading the entire thread yet, just wanted to make a point)

You made a fundamental mistake, "Truthers" are not conspiracy theorists, and those seeking to denigrate conspiracy theories are the ones labeling them so.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think truther does apply,

Truther is really just now used as a term to describe anyone who does not believe the official story regarding 9/11 and is seeking or proclaiming to provide a alternative view on what happened on 9/11. Such people could also be called "conspiracy thoerists"

Getting all bogged down over semantics like this is one of the biggest problems trying to talk about 9/11 "I dont like being called a truther".... ok so what should i call you then?

I kind of get what your trying to say but i dont really think its a big deal, we all know what the OP means by "truther"

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You made a fundamental mistake, "Truthers" are not conspiracy theorists,

They believe that 911 was totally an inside job.
They won't listen to reason or evidence that goes against their position.
They believe that it was a false flag .. that Jews pulled it off ...etc etc.
They are conspiracy theorists.

Once upon a time, 'truthers' were rational and looking for truth ...
At the beginning .... but no more.
Now each one has a conspiracy theory and they hold onto it like a religion.

The rational 'truthers' are hard to find.
What I saw with my one trip into the 911 forum was ridiculous.
Wild conspiracy theories ... and a ton of snotty name calling at those who disagree
with their religion ... um ... i mean ... conspiracy theory.

Sorry ... Gotta disagree with ya Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I do believe it's possible that explosives were planted in building 7 to take it down. There were stories that gold was in vaults underneath....who knows...
I do believe that Saudis were involved and if our government was involved they "let it happen" kinda like Pearl Harbor. I believe it was used as a pretext for war.

Those are reasonable. (and I tend to think some of what you said is probably true .. I think Israel probably knew it was coming and let it happen so they could drag us into a war against the Arabs). Looking deeper into those conspiracy theories is what a truther should be doing. But running around saying that no one died in the planes that crashed ... or that the planes didn't crash but instead are in Canada and every person on those planes were relocated to other countries ... and then screaming insults at those who give credible information that counters those beliefs ... well, that's really nutty. Ya' know??

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yeah it matters. But with my agenda it doesn't. So I guess what I really said and what you want me to of said having 2 different paradigms.

Off-topic, but I can't always resist:

Why do you know exactly what "paradigm" means, but you don't know how to type "to have said" correctly? It makes you seem intelligent and incoherent/ignorant at the same time. The age-old: "If he can't even write simple english correctly.."

By the way, it's more user-friendly and common sense english to use WORDS for small numbers, and use actual numbers only when they are factually needed (like an exact time of the day, or mathematical equations), or when they are large.

Any number under then should be typed as a word. The way you chose to express it, makes you look unprofessional and/or quite young. Which of course hurts the credibility easily (who listens to the ramblings of a 14-year old, even if he's surprisingly intelligent and insightful for his age, for example?).

Please note that I am not saying you are 14 years old or anything, I was just using an example to clarify my point about using a more 'adult' way of writing to convey credibility (or at least avoid hurting/destroying credibility).

"Having two different paradigms" looks like a real sentence, a piece of actual communication / conversation. "Having 2 different paradigms" looks like a cell phone message typed in a hurry by a hormone-ridden teenager. You may as well say it like: "Having, you know, like, 2, like, awesome, different, bodacious paradigms, dude!" (although teenagers wouldn't use commas, especially correctly, and they would use the modern 'SMS' words instead of actual ones, but hopefully you get the point)

I am saying this only to help you, not to critisize you, by the way. In case you want to fix some other similar habits you may have, here is a list of how NOT to write english..

americantypo.site11.com...

(The left side of the list is how people actually type, the right side shows how english should be typed)

edit on 22-8-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

Yeah it matters. But with my agenda it doesn't. So I guess what I really said and what you want me to of said having 2 different paradigms.

Off-topic, but I can't always resist:

Why do you know exactly what "paradigm" means, but you don't know how to type "to have said" correctly? It makes you seem intelligent and incoherent/ignorant at the same time. The age-old: "If he can't even write simple english correctly.."

By the way, it's more user-friendly and common sense english to use WORDS for small numbers, and use actual numbers only when they are factually needed (like an exact time of the day, or mathematical equations), or when they are large.

Any number under then should be typed as a word. The way you chose to express it, makes you look unprofessional and/or quite young. Which of course hurts the credibility easily (who listens to the ramblings of a 14-year old, even if he's surprisingly intelligent and insightful for his age, for example?).

Please note that I am not saying you are 14 years old or anything, I was just using an example to clarify my point about using a more 'adult' way of writing to convey credibility (or at least avoid hurting/destroying credibility).

"Having two different paradigms" looks like a real sentence, a piece of actual communication / conversation. "Having 2 different paradigms" looks like a cell phone message typed in a hurry by a hormone-ridden teenager. You may as well say it like: "Having, you know, like, 2, like, awesome, different, bodacious paradigms, dude!" (although teenagers wouldn't use commas, especially correctly, and they would use the modern 'SMS' words instead of actual ones, but hopefully you get the point)

I am saying this only to help you, not to critisize you, by the way. In case you want to fix some other similar habits you may have, here is a list of how NOT to write english..

americantypo.site11.com...

(The left side of the list is how people actually type, the right side shows how english should be typed)

edit on 22-8-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

Who, other than your English teacher, really cares?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well ... another 911 thread .. another round of idiots posting insults about others
when in fact they are the ones who are being stupid. My god .... that entire
forum should have the plug pulled on it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Well ... another 911 thread .. another round of idiots posting insults about others
when in fact they are the ones who are being stupid. My god .... that entire
forum should have the plug pulled on it.

meh

I think i am going to avoid that forum for now really been doing my head in these past couple of days

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join