It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATSers... let's buy Detroit... we can crowd fund it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why not? The city is bankrupt... we can get the WHOLE place for pennies on the dollar!

Think about it... an entire city just for ATS...

First thing, we will have to rename the place... "Detroit" has too much of a negative stigma...

Next, we will have to get the auto industry the hell out of there. They can relocate to Mexico, most of their manufacturing is there anyway... we can retool the place to make organite pyramids and free energy gravity engines...

We can rename the neighborhoods to attract members to make the move based on their favorite forums... UFOville, Doomsburgh, Conspiratoria, you get the idea...

An entire city of freethinkers... the coffee shop conversations would be EPIC...

Corruption would be difficult in our new city... you would get sent down the river as soon as you are outed...

The best part? The currency will be based on ATS points... (off topic posts and bad decorum would be a thing of the past... now the points are worth something...
) BUT trade and barter would be more highly encouraged...

We could have our own little dystopia... a damn entertaining one at that!

Any takers??

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I got 14 quid on me is that any help? but that will mean I will not eat until next week.
As long as we get a Robocop statue Iam in

I think its a great idea but TPTB would nuke us within 40 minutes.
edit on 30-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I got 14 quid on me is that any help? but that will mean I will not eat until next week.
As long as we get a Robocop statue Iam in

I think its a great idea but TPTB would nuke us within 40 minutes.

No way... we have enough "channelers" here to ask the aliens for protection from the nukes... they did take down the Russian meteorite after all... see, no worries!

(And yes... the Robocop statue stays
)
edit on 30-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm in

*Checks points*

ATS Points: 33,725

Hmmmm I won't be in beezer's neighbourhood

I'll run the psych centre It's gonna make me a fortune

Cody

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Can I have a monkey park where my evolutionary brother and sisters can fling poo and such?
I got 75 thousand points btw.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Word? I wouldn't mind owning a part of Detroit. Who is gonna clean up eight mile?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Awesome... the crazy treating the crazy... I just ask that you go easy on the voltage when I gets my treatments...

I love it...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Can I have a monkey park where my evolutionary brother and sisters can fling poo and such?
I got 75 thousand points btw.

Absolutely! We can co-opt the police department's riot shields and lend them to your visitors as monkey poo deflectors... this just sounds better and better...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm in - no more off topics - whooohoo-
I always wanted a cloaking device and a free energy device - I'll gladly give you whatever points I probably may sorta have at least 5 or so.
kaint wait for the move in date.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

In fact why not let my Monkey pals be the Police? I will be chief of course, we will clean up detroit with my secret weapon RoboMonkey.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We could create an urban utopia......with fifty foot walls around it. View ports/gun ports, escape tunnels....barbed wire five layers deep at the points of ingress.....yes i like this idea.......bring it on test tube cow zombies in the making.....were ready for you!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll give you 5000 stars for a nice little ghetto home.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Can we have a gated community called Zombieland?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why would you want to invest into a failed city

filled with people that only move to get to liquor store to load up on cheaper alcohol

I bet you they don't even store pricier spirits in their stores

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh my... Jordan Collier picked wrong city, He should have picked Detroit over Seattle and made Detroit pretty again.. that would have saved a lot of ATS money..

We need promicin lab and we can do it ourselves.. and TPTB would be us .. grins

Intriguing though. what would city look like after one year ATSers had moved in.. weirder than Roswell.. i bet.
I wonder if Greer, Jones and Icke will move in too.. OH NO They will !!!!
edit on 30-7-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I want to live in Doomsburgh, lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wonder, how would this affect people living in Detroit? serious question.. i never seen or been in a bankrupt city.

No garbage man? no electricity? water? shops closed?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Can we have a gated community called Zombieland?

Once again, yes! May buy a little summer place there myself

Our city council would be made up of moderators... elections every two years and a limit of one term... keep the career politicos, errr, career mods from taking over...

For REAL transparency of government our city hall will be completely made of glass with a P.A. system that broadcasts every word spoken inside...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I will take a few of the old car manufacturing plants. I'd like to convert them to bacon processing plants- prepare to give all your ATS points to me...Mwahaha!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'll start running a bar in mid town.....The Brits/Irish and Aussies will be holding regular training sessions where the locals can look up at the underneath of the tables

We'll have all sorts of food on the menu

Bubba's surprise....who knows what it is and beware theres probably shot still in it
Real chips....1/2 inch thick and cooked in beef dripping served with mushy peas and a wooden fork in some newspaper
The "diet" burger....one cow between 2 large pieces of bread with enough salad to cover arizona....just so you can say you're on a diet

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join