It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATSers... let's buy Detroit... we can crowd fund it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
Why not? The city is bankrupt... we can get the WHOLE place for pennies on the dollar!

Think about it... an entire city just for ATS...

First thing, we will have to rename the place... "Detroit" has too much of a negative stigma...

Next, we will have to get the auto industry the hell out of there. They can relocate to Mexico, most of their manufacturing is there anyway... we can retool the place to make organite pyramids and free energy gravity engines...

We can rename the neighborhoods to attract members to make the move based on their favorite forums... UFOville, Doomsburgh, Conspiratoria, you get the idea...

An entire city of freethinkers... the coffee shop conversations would be EPIC...

Corruption would be difficult in our new city... you would get sent down the river as soon as you are outed...

The best part? The currency will be based on ATS points... (off topic posts and bad decorum would be a thing of the past... now the points are worth something...
) BUT trade and barter would be more highly encouraged...

We could have our own little dystopia... a damn entertaining one at that!

Any takers??

Funny thing is, we are going to buy Detroit. We will do it indirectly through taxes which will than be used to "bail" them out. Which we all know by now means that big business will get tons of money and outsource work to *inserts any country here*.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
First order of business: we need a few metal workers... we can flip this thing over and extend the middle finger upwards... the MSM can only interview our residents in front of our new statue

It will also be used as a venue for all press conferences...
edit on 30-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: My cat does not control me

You made me smile.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not to sound rude or anything like that...but why would I want to help buy Detroit? Just so it can keep doing what it's been doing? It went bankrupt for a reason. The chief of police himself said that law enforcement is spread so thin doing so much, citizens should be prepared to handle emergencies on their own because the police may never arrive to help them. Why would I want to invest in a city like that?

Let dying dogs die.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Then maybe if tax dollars are to be used to rebuild Detroit, someone should write something somewhere that says contracts will only be open for american companies.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly like the the idea of kickstarting some part of the Detroit economy. Maybe help fund a local business or even create one. Maybe not. Probably a million ideas out there.

We bail Detroit out, who win? Banksters still took all your money and had you clean up the mess.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Not to sound rude or anything like that...but why would I want to help buy Detroit? Just so it can keep doing what it's been doing? It went bankrupt for a reason. The chief of police himself said that law enforcement is spread so thin doing so much, citizens should be prepared to handle emergencies on their own because the police may never arrive to help them. Why would I want to invest in a city like that?

Let dying dogs die.

Who said anything about helping with their debt... we'll buy ALL of it... the first people we toss out of our remade dystopia are all of the politicians, labor bosses, and big banks... not going to let them stay around to muck things up again...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Who said anything about helping with their debt... we'll buy ALL of it... the first people we toss out of our remade dystopia are all of the politicians, labor bosses, and big banks... not going to let them stay around to muck things up again...

Yeah, right. Because that's totally possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Come on dude we can all have a bit of fun now and then...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh! Can we dig a big pit a la "300" for politicians and criminals?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Only a black hole could save Detroit.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Oh! Can we dig a big pit a la "300" for politicians and criminals?

Absolutely... I was also thinking about a croc filled moat... crocs trained to feed on politicians, bankers and other such riff-raff... NIMBY!!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That's why this thread ought to be in the jokes forum.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

We can rename the Detroit Lions the ATS Alien Abductors.

The Detroit Tigers to ATS Big Foots

The Detroit Pistons to ATS Conspirators

The Red Wings to ATS Chemtrails

I like it, count me in!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Think of it as "urban renewal"... if Zach Braff can get a movie crowd funded, I imagine buying an entire city would be even more lucrative... we can probably get the whole deal for about $1.5 mil (based on current city property values)... no banks, no loans... we hold the title free and clear...

I'm banking my points for a little place on the lake... I figure 25,000 sq. ft. would be a bit cozy, but I could deal with it...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We're going to need something to bring in the tourists. We are going to need some outside currency, even if we don't use it within city limits.
The giant middle finger is a good start, but we need something with "wow" factor..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Madonna is from Michigan...maybe she will help out...she is a billionaire.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

While I like the idea my deepest concern is what happens when the TPTB decided roll tanks and soldiers in

And who will handle foreign policy? Who will be our allies in the international political world? What happens when the CIA tried to launch a coup in our hypothetical city

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

While I like the idea my deepest concern is what happens when the TPTB decided roll tanks and soldiers in

And who will handle foreign policy? Who will be our allies in the international political world? What happens when the CIA tried to launch a coup in our hypothetical city

That is when we get all of our "channelers" to ask for alien intervention...

The only foreign policy we need is with our ATS folks moving in getting visas and such... and Ohio of course... I have some family in Ohio, so the diplomatic ties are already in place

I have really thought this whole thing through, and I do my best thinking when I go off my meds

edit on 30-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Ectoplasmic radio interference

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

about the channelers I'm pretty sure we need an extraterrestrial embassy in our hypothetical place and diplomats willing to go to their world. Plus some sort of economic and cultural cooperation with them.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

about the channelers I'm pretty sure we need an extraterrestrial embassy in our hypothetical place and diplomats willing to go to their world. Plus some sort of economic and cultural cooperation with them.

And ATS is the best place to find volunteers for such a mission... I bet we get thousands of job applications for an ambassadorship to the Pleides...

Also gives me an idea on what to offer anyone that donates to our crowd-funding effort... FREE ATS memberships! You heard me... FREE

edit on 31-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Jose Cuervo is NOT a nice man... I must write this 100 times...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join