It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning found not guilty on "Aiding the enemy".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by TinfoilTP

"I'll play that game too and go all the way, be an all out truther, and make him an Al Qaida soldier",,u mean he's undercover cia?
or white house,, plant?

now im confused.

Here's a clue,

Osama Bin Laden Raid Evidence Entered In Bradley Manning Trial

"a letter from UBL to a member of al-Qaeda requesting the member gather Department of Defense material posted to WikiLeaks ... a letter from the same member of al-Qaeda to UBL, attached to which was the Afghanistan War Log as posted by WikiLeaks … (and) the Department of State information released by Wikileaks."

Also entered as evidence on Monday were facts about a June 3, 2011 recruitment video released by U.S.-born al Qaeda propagandist Adam Gadahn, calling on militants to read WikiLeaks' collection of State Department cables. Additional facts were entered about a winter 2010 edition of the al Qaeda magazine Inspire, which called on followers to archive WikiLeaks disclosures.

Huff Po article source

The Al Qaida enemy ate up every piece of his release like candy and it wasn't because they cared about the civillians who got shot up as wrong targets.

That qualifies him as acting in the capacity of an Al Qaida soldier, a fifth column for OBL.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

do you think that helps our reputation?

I think the fire bombing of Tokyo, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the Iraq War, and the plethora of human rights violations that we condemn other nations for but commit ourselves already pretty much destroys are reputation.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by TinfoilTP

"I'll play that game too and go all the way, be an all out truther, and make him an Al Qaida soldier",,u mean he's undercover cia?
or white house,, plant?

now im confused.

Here's a clue,

Osama Bin Laden Raid Evidence Entered In Bradley Manning Trial

"a letter from UBL to a member of al-Qaeda requesting the member gather Department of Defense material posted to WikiLeaks ... a letter from the same member of al-Qaeda to UBL, attached to which was the Afghanistan War Log as posted by WikiLeaks … (and) the Department of State information released by Wikileaks."

Also entered as evidence on Monday were facts about a June 3, 2011 recruitment video released by U.S.-born al Qaeda propagandist Adam Gadahn, calling on militants to read WikiLeaks' collection of State Department cables. Additional facts were entered about a winter 2010 edition of the al Qaeda magazine Inspire, which called on followers to archive WikiLeaks disclosures.

Huff Po article source

The Al Qaida enemy ate up every piece of his release like candy and it wasn't because they cared about the civillians who got shot up as wrong targets.

That qualifies him as acting in the capacity of an Al Qaida soldier, a fifth column for OBL.

the pakistani secret service got the bounty,,,,ask Bhutto,,, ohh wait,,she's dead as well.
ya ubl stationary maybe,,ubl himself,,,nada chance.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yes, I am saddened that the military tribunal didn't have the balls to execute him for his treasonous crimes. It will only lead to more people committing the same crimes as Manning

ahh the old and boring 'capital punishment is a deterrent' argument proven false time after time.

America you haven't declared war on terrorists, you have declared war on yourselves.

I almost laugh (if it wasn't so damn heartbreaking to see from one of the greatest countries on earth) how the people love to bend over as your government/corporations/banks take from you inch by inch your freedoms whilst selling you who the enemy is and you believe them time after time......

edit on 30-7-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
He is no hero I repeat he is no hero. I thought when you join the military you are protecting the American people not giving information to the world, I hope they lock him up for life.

Former Military Here. This does not apply to the many men and women serving but the head honchos and politicians that set these polices.

"Our Government" and their tool the military are not protecting and working for the bests interests of the common American though.

We are less Free than ever despite all the wars in the past 30 years.
We are less safe for the same reason above, making more enemies as we go along.
Also, the average American has less wealth from these adventures due to the taxes being stolen from them.

The only ones these wars have benefited are the Traitorous Multi-National Corporations and Banks that owe no allegiance to any country, but have no problems dictating how our country and other countries should be run for their gain.

Anyone is a Hero that shines the light on these corrupt cockroaches that run this country.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Uhm, he didnt jeopradize his future over one story. He jeopradized it when he leaked information that was classified that did not contain any illeagl actions

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

He is no hero I repeat he is no hero. I thought when you join the military you are protecting the American people not giving information to the world, I hope they lock him up for life.

And the guys that was in the video he gave up should be locked up with him as well. And your job in the military is to protect the constitution.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Uhm, he didnt jeopradize his future over one story. He jeopradized it when he leaked information that was classified that did not contain any illeagl actions

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

You know; what Hitler did in Germany under ww2 was not illigal. It was only wrong.
Do you understand the differences between the two?

What Hitler did was legal but wrong. Hitler made it legal to do the wrong thing. That is the power of government.

The American government is doing the exact same thing right now in the US. They are doing the wrong things, but the have made it leagal to the wrong things.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you.
It is wrong what "our" bought and paid for government is doing regardless of the legality of the issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's that time when it rains and the worms grawl out of hiding.
Regardless what you think you cannot deny 2 basic facts:
1) Manning saw a system of illegal activity and exposed it in hopes of getting justice served.
2) That argument of "there was no illegal activity because it was all investigated by themselves. Yeah they themselves cleared themselves of illegal activity so no crime". That's the tard way of thinking.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Im surprised you're brainwashed into believing this, and have the giant brass bullocks to state so on ATS of all places where 99.99999% believe manning, snowden, assange, greenwald, brietbart are all heros

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You should ask a mod to add the "in" you clearly forgot in your nickname.

If you think protecting the American people works through enraging the rest of the globe, through killing innocent civilians and journalists, through hiding every mistake you make,... you have one f'ed up understanding of the word protection. If I want to protect my family, I don't go robbing every other house in my street only to then yell fire and murder when they get back at me. If I want to protect my family I stay humble while at the same time showcasing to the world that I am dead serious in my endeavours and will do anything within my means to protect what's mine if I see it threatened. This is protection, nothing compared to what you foolishly understand it to be. You can't take an aggressive stance and expect zero resistance, only to then use said resistance as a justification for your initial aggression. You start a fight? Don't come crying when you have to take the punches or just don't start fights.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am glad for the young man. Every time I see this sad guy it hurts. I hope the judge has mercy on him and gives him a reasonable sentence.

What he did, he did out of conscience, not malice or a desire to hurt this country.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It comes down to how you define protecting the American people.

You, evidently, define protecting the American people as protecting a corrupt, murderous, unconstitutional government. "American people" to you means "a tiny tiny group of powerful elites" Because nothing manning released was a threat to the American PEOPLE. It was a threat to the corrupt government that needs MORE than just a threat.

Me, and many others disagree, and define protecting the American people as exposing the evil of our government, so that we may better the government thus further aiding the people. If you are a decent American you should NOT want these things done in your name. If you are a shameful American you might not want your dirty laundry aired. If you are a true American you want this crap shouted from the rooftops so that we may put a stop to it forever.

It's obvious you've chosen your side, sadly it's the one that doesn't care for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

So again this comes back to someone that has never had a clearance, clearly you have not in America, trying to apply moral code to letter of the law.

The laws that govern the handling of classified information are not unjust nor are they hidden nor are they unfair. From the moment you get your Secret clearance and anything above that you know exactly how\when\with whom classified information can be dealt with. Both Snowden and Manning know they have broken the law but they felt their moral choice was more important. That is noble and something that should be appreciated but it doesn't change the fact that they broke well established and legal standards.

When my clearance was active if I would have illegally transported\stored\traded classified information I would have 100% lost my job, I would have 100% faced fines and depending on the time in my career I would have faced possible jail time. No one made me agree to get it , no one held a gun to my head and said "get your clearance or else" .

I am not arguing that the choices they both made do not deserve praise if their accusations are true. I am not arguing that they appear to have taken the hard road even though they knew of the consequences. I am simply stating that people are being hypocritical in how they are willing to ignore something that can't be debated, they broke the law.

I just have one question:

Say a famous singer was, say molesting children. Say this famous singer was known for helping young kids. Say he gets accused of molesting a child, and then has their parents sign a nondisclosure agreement.

Would you say it's wrong to break the nondisclosure agreement in order to prosecute this famous singer?

I'd say breaking the NDA (or not signing it in the first place) is the right thing to do. It seems you put more importance on ideas such as clearances and rules than you do what's actually going on. Exposing major issues within the government is most ALWAYS going to include some sort of information security breach. It's obvious.

If a government is up to no good, they will try to keep their deeds a SECRET. If you expose those deeds, you are doing something you aren't supposed to do, you aren't keeping their secrets. Of course this would been used as ammunition to attack people to who expose criminal activity, and to deflect against the deeds which caused the information to be released in the first place.

I understand snitching TO the government is seen as a low thing to do, but snitching ON the government should be seen as a hugely positive thing. I wonder how so many have been tricked into thinking it's not.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If the 3 branches of government were working like they were designed, Manning and Snowden et al would not have been given the incentive to do what they did.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StrawAnonymous

I love the name calling keep it up its funny. The thing is I'm an American and i really don't care about the rest of the world the U.S has enough problems to deal with at home, and the rest of the world does not care about us until they need money and aid.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Can anybody tell me what this punk did that was positive for this country?

Checks and balances, my friend..

Can you tell me what good covering up murder does?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by jhn7537

Can anybody tell me what this punk did that was positive for this country?

Checks and balances, my friend..

Can you tell me what good covering up murder does?

I never said it was good to cover up murder... I'm behind Manning for what he did.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Sorry I wasn't replying to you, I just happened to quote your post because it contained the comment by Mr Sane. I agree with what you said obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join