It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Team Mania: The War Against the American Citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"He [a federal agent] had his knee on my back and I had no idea why they were there."--Kenneth Wright, victim of a Dept. of Education SWAT team raid

The militarization of American police -- no doubt a blowback effect of the military empire -- has become an unfortunate part of American life. In fact, it says something about our reliance on the military that federal agencies having nothing whatsoever to do with national defense now see the need for their own paramilitary units. Among those federal agencies laying claim to their own law enforcement divisions are the State Department, Department of Education, Department of Energy, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the National Park Service, to name just a few.

SWAT Mania

Wait whaaat?

The Department of Uneducated has a SWAT team?
The Department of Energy has a SWAT team?
US Fish and Wildlife have SWAT team?

To name a few?

Are you kidding me?

Why is the Education Department purchasing 27 Remington Brand Model 870 police 12-gauge shotguns (all new, no re-manufactured products, thank you)?

Education Department buys shotguns

Alternative links:

Beware the U.S. Education Department SWAT team

Feds defend Department of Education raid on a home

I did not know this until today sorry can't keep up with all the stupidity our government does, and all I thought I had to worry about was the IRS, and DHS,FBI,DEA. and my local LEO'S.

The Book Police!

Bad Boys,Bad Boys whatcha gonna do when they come for you..........
edit on 29-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They distributed the shotguns to the librarians.

If they see any student reading George Orwell's 1984 they are indoctrinated to eliminate the threat with prejudice.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the kids who will grow up in this and think it's normal...

Reminds me of Hitler going after old people and college professors, if you kill them off, the new generations won't have anyone around to tell them things could be different. This is how we get to 1984 people, with Dept. of Education SWAT teams, normal for today's youth.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't think the Department of Education has a SWAT team.
There is a correction at the top of this article that says the story was misreported. WashingtonPost

Correction:

The Department of Education did not conduct the search by a SWAT team, nor does the Department of Education own or operate a SWAT Team, as was originally reported. Read DoE’s statement on the story here.

They do have a law enforcement branch of the department though.

edit on 29-7-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

US Fish and Wildlife have SWAT team?

Yes.

Have you ever heard the phrase. .. "It’s as easy as shooting fish in a barrel."?

These are the guys that made it possible.

I actually find it to be pretty damn ridiculous. It is allot of wasted money.

Some of My Favorites I can't wait to see. . .. .

Department of Human Services SWAT Team
Child Support Enforcement Agency SWAT Team
US Department of Agriculture SWAT Team
Mothers Against Drunk Driving SWAT Team
Chamber of Commerce SWAT Team
The Antioch Baptist Church SWAT Team

And the List goes on., .. .. ... .. ..

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepVisions
I don't think the Department of Education has a SWAT team.
There is a correction at the top of this article that says the story was misreported. WashingtonPost

Correction:

The Department of Education did not conduct the search by a SWAT team, nor does the Department of Education own or operate a SWAT Team, as was originally reported. Read DoE’s statement on the story here.

They do have a law enforcement branch of the department though.

So it was 'misreported' as 'SWAT'.

Easy mistake to make since they all wear pretty much the same stuff these days.

Good thing for those ? marks at the end.

edit on 29-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yea i don't understand the need for a law enforcement agency for every aspect of our lives. It's pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
And it all started with the War on drugs.

Militarized the police force, started an abuse of no knock warrants.

Created an entire industry on making the police more deadly.

The war against the American people needs to stop, Massive reforms need to be made all around.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hey sorry I'm jut throwing this out there, I'm not from the US I'm from the UK so I'm not sure about your rights and gun laws. But would it not be right in saying, the reason why more enforcements are carry weapons is because the majority of home owners in the US have guns themselves. it just seems funny that while some US citizens have a small arsenal in their homes, some people get upset when they here law enforcements getting later more equipped SWAT teams. It only makes sense .. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Hey sorry I'm jut throwing this out there, I'm not from the US I'm from the UK so I'm not sure about your rights and gun laws. But would it not be right in saying, the reason why more enforcements are carry weapons is because the majority of home owners in the US have guns themselves. it just seems funny that while some US citizens have a small arsenal in their homes, some people get upset when they here law enforcements getting later more equipped SWAT teams. It only makes sense .. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know

In the good old days the American home could have rifles, pistols, shotguns, of all shapes and sizes. The police carried a .38 caliber revolver if he walked a beat. Maybe a shotgun if he rode in a patrol car. And all was good! Then the CIA started selling drugs to make money for things they didn't want Congress to know about, and things started going downhill.

Today we have swat teams raiding the wrong house and killing people! And they are sometimes in to much of a hurry to get a warrant. They arrive in air conditioned armored comfort.They carry automatic weapons and wear masks to hide their faces. The people they don't kill are thrown to the floor and beaten. Then the cops laugh and high five each other.

So, how are things on your side of the pond?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Hey magister thanks for the reply and thanks for being nice as I've stated being in the UK we don't hear about SWAT raids etc unless its a biggie (ie the Boston bombing man hunt). While I agree with what you said about police only carrying revolvers and with citizens still having access to rifles etc i can't help notice they bigger and more powerful arms are available in this time of day. I can only assume that law enforcements have had to kit themselves out more do to the fact that citizens are able to get powerful arms.

If you were head of a police department would you let your officers carry revolvers while criminals can walk arou d with assault rifles and 9mm hand guns. Going back a little while there was a massive shoot out in Hollywood (I think) where the robbers were kitted out with bullet proof vests and AK47s with hundreds of rounds of ammunition. It only makes sense to me, to combat these threats law enforcements would have to equal the playing field so to speak.

As for the no warrant raids and killing people I can't argue that this is bad and how heartily agree that it's getting out of hand.

Things this side of the pond is pathetic our justic system is run by the suits in the EU. My personal feeling for our police is .. Well when I've had to deal with police Ive had no problems at all but at the same time I'm pretty sure we have some horrible officers out there they do break the rules

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Even when the police stopped me for when apparently i fitted the description of someone trying to break into a vehicle, I stopped, aided them in their enquiry, I was searched which I was happy with as I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. Even when the police found something that I can't mention due to ATS T&Cs let's just say found funny cigarettes I was dealt with professionally. Once a witness was driven past me and confirmed that I wasn't the person I was looking for I was let on my way an apologised to

The 'cigarettes' werent even taken off me !
edit on 29-7-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
But it's to keep you safe, don' you know that? What would make you most safe is if they put you in a 4ft by 4ft locked box and left you there. That would make you the most safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The police here have yet to acquire field artillery, but it is only a matter of time. Police are under the Dept. of Home land Security umbrella, which has built an army with no one to fight except the people.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I, personally, have no problem with the presence of SWAT in our local PDs. The need does occasionally rise for the use of them and it helps deter major crime syndicates from imparting their will on our cities.

That said, they have gone overboard with armored personnel carriers, drones, full auto everything. If you put all of our nations police SWAT on the same battlefield with camo gear, they would be an army. A formidable army that could topple nations. To much power, and with power comes corruption and abuse.

As stated above, it started with the war on drugs and they have been building arms up and reducing our rights ever since.

When I first started viewing this site, when it first started like early 2000s, it was entertainment. I came and read the ufo and ghost stuff, I chuckled when reading the conspiracy theories.

Over the past decade I have watched some of the most scary conspiracy theories become reality. I have witnessed our own government turn and show an ugly side. I fear for our future.

P.S.
The feds don't need any SWAT teams. If they have a warrant to serve they can go through the state and local authorities to serve it.
edit on 29-7-2013 by XTexan because: post script

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Ha that made me chuckle this morning especially as I'm a stressed mood it's not even 11am. My job as a security guard I often joke that I'd like to sit on the roof of my store with a 50 cal sniper to knee cap the thieves. It's nice to try and see what happening else where in the world I hope my posts have made sense like I said I don't have a clue how your law enforcements work I can only offer my opinion on the matter

new topics

top topics

join