It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employee Bonus: Teens Working for Monsanto Sprayed by Crop Duster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
DailySheeple

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the GMO cornfields!

Nearly 80 teenagers working for Team Corn, a Princeton, Ill.-based company that contracts for Monsanto were sent to the hospital yesterday after a crop-duster sprayed the field they were working in with fungicide.

I wouldn't work for Monsanto, let alone my kids. I hope they sue! Besides, isn't there laws restricting kids working in hazardous workplaces?

Re-reading the story, it does not give ages. So they could be 18 or 19.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You can bet that they'll claim it to be "an accident", but who really knows? Probably wanted to test something new on those poor unsuspecting kids. I often tend to give the benefit of the doubt in cases such as these, but Monsanto is as shady as they come.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

... after a crop-duster sprayed the field they were working in with fungicide.

Except for the bit where is *isnt true*.

And thats the trouble with second hand sources. They story changes.
If only you'd gone back to the original source then you would have found out that the "daily sheeple" has changed the story and *lied to you* about it.

... when the chemical drifted over them from a plane that was crop-dusting an adjacent field

edit on 27-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They shouldn't be dusting when there are people any where near on the ground. Have you not heard of 'wind?' Even a :slight breeze?'

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
They shouldn't be dusting when there are people any where near on the ground. Have you not heard of 'wind?' Even a :slight breeze?'

Agreed, but thats something the farmer who owns the plot next door and the cropduster pilot should be working out. The story, as presented here, is that the plane was *deliberately* spraying the actual field the teenagers were working in.

And in any case, I suspect that this kind of stuff (spray drifting in wind) happens more often that people realise. One of the comments in the huffington post states a similar thing also happened at Apple River.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Magister

... after a crop-duster sprayed the field they were working in with fungicide.

Except for the bit where is *isnt true*.

And thats the trouble with second hand sources. They story changes.
If only you'd gone back to the original source then you would have found out that the "daily sheeple" has changed the story and *lied to you* about it.

... when the chemical drifted over them from a plane that was crop-dusting an adjacent field

edit on 27-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Does not change the fact that the teens were exposed and had to be decontaminated and sent to the hospital.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This area was my home growing up, one of them for an af brat lol.
I lived on Chanute AFB and detassled corn thru the local HS Rantoul Township.

Very hard job back in 1989. I would wear thru a pair of those leather cover wool pilot's gloves daily on the sharp stalks of corn.

It was wet in the morning, I mean SOAKED from head to toe by the water on the corn, then 2 hours later you are baking hot!
you EARN YOUR MONEY.. and it is GREAT learning experience. How many pampered American brats work hard today? other than farm kids..

remember that the HQ for Monsanto, Cargill and ADM is where? --> you guesses it U of I CHampaign-Urbana.

this was PLANNED. only 2 people in the whole state of Illinois need know. The Doctor/Scientist/Researcher who wanted to "see something or I wonder if'd" . and the pilot of the plane.

connect the dots,

A pilot CAN NOT miss you in a crop duster. PLUS there are BIG YELLOW school buses parked on the ends of the rows. the boss (our health teacher/wrestling coach MR Quinn!)
edit on 27-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: grammar

top topics

join