It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, So we're in big trouble... what now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Throughout my time here on ATS, I have seen an extremely vast amount of "Our government is doings this to us now" threads, especially from American citizens.

These threads could pertain to politicians overstepping their authority, bypassing the constitution or brainwashing of the public-at-large; the content of each post isn't overly important with regard to this particular thread.

Instead of complaints, whining or alarm sounding, I would like to ask people to put forth their issue regarding the state of things here in the U.S. and then provide what they personally feel is the solution to that issue.

I'm curious as to how many people can actually come up with rational ideas to solve the perceived problems of this country.

So, what's your beef, and how would you like to see it fixed?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I have a lot of beefs
and I have already presented some ideas for solutions.

I dont think that people are really that interested in it unless its done for them. As I have said elsewhere, the path of least resistance is complaining.

Dont know what is to be done about it, other than doing our own part to "Be the change we wish to see in the world."

Like with so many things, it requires participation on a massive scale. This takes place whether we consciously choose to do so, or not. Most want a nice easy paved road before them before they start walking it, so I think it is in building that road that will lead to success.

Most claim violence is the solution, but that hasnt worked in the past (given where we are now..), and I dont think its the answer this time either.

What are some of your ideas?
edit on 27-7-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You raise a good point. I was thinking about this just yesterday and I came up with two things along that line:

1) People in US who have one of the richest and best lifestyles also have what seems to be the highest level of beatching, whinning, and complaining about everything. Where as poor countries, people don't seem to complain that much at all.

2) If you think things are so bad, why not plan to move out and go somewhere where there is less political termoil? Like even if that means you might have to start planning how you could do this, well you're gonna retired one day away, so plan for that and make it somewhere warm and less hassle, like maybe Costa Rica, Fiji or somewhere nice.

Canada isn't too bad. I've thought about moving but things just aren't that bad here. We do have all the same heavy grid system being put up, which I find alarming, but again there's no chaos in the streets yet. So I don't see myself moving. Plus there's tons of space. If one wanted to get away from any issues there are still of empty space one could go to. But I don't know.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So, what's your beef, and how would you like to see it fixed?

From where I sit, I can't fix any beefs. But I can contribute to exposing the lies a little bit here and there.

Too many state Secrets are the enemy of the people. And you can see with the reaction to Manning and Snowden how the secretive state feels about it.

Keep bringing the truth to light. If more people do that, then others are more aware and they will not buy into the BS anymore. Thats the surest path to change that I am awares of.

A drop in the bucket opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

I would agree except for the "massive scale" point that you made. There is a force imposing its will on the United States at the moment that, if you look at it honestly, isn't really that large. So, if a relatively small portion of the country is able to take the reigns over a few decades and change the entire philosophy of this nation, why would it take a massive movement to counter it?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Every opinion on this site, whether it is well thought out, or just a quick one liner is a drop in the bucket.

Raising awareness is certainly important, but to what end?

Let's say we raise awareness to some major issue, like NSA spying for instance, and we manage to cause the people to force it to cease (stay with me here), What would go in its place? Do we abolish any form of a National Security Agency? Do we create a new one? If so, won't that one eventually become the same thing? If that is the case, what do we do then?

That's why I'm curious to see what solutions are being crafted by people that have an issue with specific things.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

I would agree except for the "massive scale" point that you made. There is a force imposing its will on the United States at the moment that, if you look at it honestly, isn't really that large. So, if a relatively small portion of the country is able to take the reigns over a few decades and change the entire philosophy of this nation, why would it take a massive movement to counter it?

What I meant is that it is always in the power of the people that decides where this world goes. It might be a small "syndicate" that directs this movement but it is still movement and action on a massive scale (where every individual alive is participating).

The "power" is not directly in the small groups hands, but in where they direct the energy and movement of the masses.

I think the most direct solution, that would benefit everyone involved, is to move from systems of controlling individuals to enabling and empowering them. I outlined all of it in the links in sig, which is only the first part in a much larger plan.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I just checked the intro link and it seems that you have indeed thought of the exact same thing as I have, I'll have to make time to go through it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My beef is WE the PEOPLE so many have got it all wrong we form groups to exert our influence of people who formed groups exerting their influence.

My beef is people need to comprehend WE are a Constitutional Republic.

Where your 'rights' end where mine begin, and vice vera

We do not respect one another, EVERYONE is playing an angle to get something from government where WE should all be telling Government to leave us the hell alone.

WE?

Just a false pretense that many use because they think they are powerless, the Individual is not.

The individual is the master of their own destinies.

That is my beef.

Government is a reflection of WE the People, turns out that ain't such a pretty picture people want change?

Start from within.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There definitely seems to be a cycle that we're all trapped in. I wonder if it is something ingrained in us naturally, or is it something that we were taught, and in turn, teach our children and so on.

An even bigger question (for me anyways), is can we break that cycle without getting caught up in yet another cycle that isn't much different from the one we're in currently?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That's why I'm curious to see what solutions are being crafted by people that have an issue with specific things.

I'm with you on that. But also wish you good luck. People won't say what they would really do here. Remember, there are a lot of smart people that know how to take down governments (America is full of masters degrees in that). But they aren't going to tell it to the internet...

Which begs the question, what do you want to know for?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Which begs the question, what do you want to know for?

It has occurred to me that some might wonder that.

Honestly, I was just in a bit of a wondering mood after glancing over the new topics section of the site and noting all of the "Uh oh, look at this!" posts that continuously pop up, and it made me wonder if there were any legitimate ideas out there on ATS to make things better, rather than to keep hitting the panic button.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The degradation of the 4th amendment is about my biggest "beef"

How do you fight it? you vote every incumbent that continues to vote for violations of it out.

How do you do that? By dropping the "my vote don't count attitude" (think about it people, who keeps telling us that? the media) and every time you see a NEW person running for office you vote for them no matter party affiliation.

You also let your reps know what you want by writing and emailing them.

Im tired of the whole "the system doesn't work BS" thats the bill of goods they are selling us and so many people eat that # up.

The most important elections are the Senate and house ones, NOT the president, thats just the one they use to keep us most distracted.

Never seeing the real power is in the two houses.
edit on 27-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

There definitely seems to be a cycle that we're all trapped in. I wonder if it is something ingrained in us naturally, or is it something that we were taught, and in turn, teach our children and so on.

An even bigger question (for me anyways), is can we break that cycle without getting caught up in yet another cycle that isn't much different from the one we're in currently?

That is assuming the 'majority' the mob even wants that people are corrupt, and so many just think it's fine to take the easy way out.

I do not see a bright future for that very reason as already said a cycle they created, a cycle most do not see, because they don't want to see.

We are in big trouble, going to even get bigger when people let themselves willfully, and wantingly be manipulated for self gratification.

My opinion others will vary.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

We are in big trouble, going to even get bigger when people let themselves willfully, and wantingly be manipulated for self gratification.

My opinion others will vary.

Rome leaned that trick first and called it bread and circus, we are in the midst of a collapse of a great republic.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This might not be rational, but I always thought that somehow gathering all the big players in a room and giving them some heavy hallucinogens might be a start.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
This might not be rational, but I always thought that somehow gathering all the big players in a room and giving them some heavy hallucinogens might be a start.

or gassing them, either way works.

ETA:

The above post is satire and in no way reflects BENRL's actual opinion, BENRL does not advocate the above action in anyway shape or form.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Haha! Touché.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

Funny, I've always kind of thought they must already be on hallucinogens to think that the things they do are right.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Instead of complaints, whining or alarm sounding, I would like to ask people to put forth their issue regarding the state of things here in the U.S. and then provide what they personally feel is the solution to that issue

It frustrates me when I see this being said. Now is way, way, WAY past the time for brainstorming. At this point, nothing short of full scale, unbounded revolution by a united, righteous, and courageous public who were not afraid to die, with turn outs in the double digit percentages, could stop the momentum of whats occurring.

The time for brainstorming was 30 years ago.

The time for implementing those actions was when Bill Cooper was going around in the early 90s. Maybe around then, if action had been taken, the problem we face of absolute, unchecked corruption and evil could have been staved off, or at least kept in check.

But now?

Its like 0.1% of people on a 1,000,000 ton train going 100mph and just now starting to look for solutions as to how to stop it, having ignored the issue for decades.

Our window of opportunity has long past to get out of this "big trouble".

We did have one chance to maybe turn it all around, recently... probably the last. We could have elected Ron Paul. How many of you did a write in? I did.

...But its not "our" fault, really. Im sure those of us here right now would have seen the signs back then, and tried to come up with solutions then, too. The blame is not "ours". We just didnt have the numbers then, nor do we have the raw numbers, nor the unity, nor the righteousness now to actually do anything of significance in slowing, let alone stopping, let alone reversing, this out of control downward spiral into tyranny.

Try to win Powerball and emigrate. Your chances are better doing that than stopping this run away train.

Not being a "defeatist"... just a realist.

edit on 7/27/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join