It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your ATS Staff - 2013 Edition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I join this group of Mods-Anonymous as an ATS-addict of almost 10 years.

I first noticed the site around 2003 and thought "not much of a site" and moved on. Then I rediscovered it in 2005 because any weird search-word combination put into Google...ATS had something on it! So I thought "might as well sign up, this site is going to become big someday and I want to be part of it".

Being of a more sanguine nature I`m not much into this dark conspiracy and politics stuff, but I always have been a sucker for weirdness and non-mainstream views.

I was originally into the whole "ancient aliens" stuff, long before it became mainstream with the TV show of same name. The mainstreaming of it all kind of turned me off. And I know a lot of ATSers feel the same...if its mainstream its not that interesting anymore. We come to ATS to see the side-streams or get a strange spin on the main-stream. And thats what I like about ATS and also what I dislike about it, in the ambivalent manner of an addict.

I see that my fellow Mods are posting a lot of their private things. But I think ATS has made me paranoid enough not to want to share private things. I am suspicious of the Facebook-Generation that jovially make their entire private life known to the wide public. And I`m sure many typical ATSers feel similar.

Back in 2008 I think it was, I attempted to break my addiction to ATS and start a new life. I logged off and stayed off for two weeks. Then I thought "OK, Im just going to log-on one more time, just for a short peek"....just like a nicotine addict who only wants to "try one last cigarette". In my in-box there was a message from a Supermod asking me if I want to Mod. Hmmm....it would be interesting to see how the site works behind the scenes I thought. That was the temptation to return to the Drug. I agreed and once again I was back on.

Ive made a few more attempts at breaking the addiction, but what makes it difficult is that the members of the website, as well as the staff team here, are people who greatly CARE about this Community and work hard to make it a good place to be. And its difficult to turn your back to so many caring people.

My personal take on Modding is that its just a way to help out and volunteer for a good cause a little. I am a shy Moderator who is reluctant to impose various actions on members. But with many hundreds of issues coming in each day, somebody has to clean up to keep the site nice and flowing, so thats what the Mods do.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm terrible at introductions.

Hi! My name is Mel. I've been an ATS member since 1999. Found it while looking for Y2K information. I love ancient history, ancient civilization, medical stuff, science, math, anthropology, philosophy, and superwicked problems with a side dose of "gosh, that's weird!" stuff. I read constantly... the house is full of books, my Kindle is full of books, and one of my Android tablets is full of books (the other is full of art.) I attend science fiction conventions, comic book conventions, Dr Who conventions, Star Trek conventions, San Diego Comicon, Dragoncon, Akon, Steampunk conventions, Anime conventions (you get the idea) and have done the occasional LARP. I'm not easily shocked by a lot of things.

I believe I'm the second oldest moderator (a few years younger than Masqua), so I've seen a lot of history. I think that's what makes me a fairly laid-back person. I have kids and grandkids and adore them all,and there's a whole pack of people that aren't genetically related to me who call me 'mom' or 'auntie.' Hubby and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary next year.

Unlike most of the people of my generation, I'm a geek. I have built robots from kits, have scratch built computers, and I love launching model rockets. I'm a World of Warcraft addict and adore Really Really Hard Sudoku puzzles. I will take off for adventure at the drop of a hat, and it's not unusual to find me volunteering at an archaeological site or paleontological site or hiking into the desert to look at rock art. I have volunteered as a fossil preparator as a museum for the past six years and as an Audubon educator for the past four years.

I'm a skeptic and a scholar and I like to take classes to learn new things (I'll start classes in Egyptology this fall.) There was a very old joke about me on the pre-2002 version of ATS that my idea of recreational activities was sitting in the corner, translating Socrates' books into Klingon.

Sadly, that's not too far off the mark.

(edited to add: I get asked often who my avatar is. That's actor Garrett Maggart as Blair Sandburg, anthropologist, from the old tv show "The Sentinel" -- as an anthropologist, I thought his gentle ways and open approach to all cultures are pretty typical of what we anthropologists are like in person.)
edit on 25-7-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Howdy!

I'm elevatedone and ATS addict. I chose that name when I found ATS while on lunch break at work.
I sat for a while and just couldn't choose a name, so finally it just popped in my head.
I worked in the elevator industry and used a play on words from that and that it could
be that because I'm about to become a member of the great ATS community, I would be
"elevated" to a whole new world of ideas and interesting discussions.

I was born and raised in NE Kentucky. Living in NW Ohio now. Happily married to a wonderful
woman who is my best friend. I have a lovely 21 year old daughter and a soon to be 1 year old grandson.

I found ATS way back in 2003, I was searching for 9/11 info and suddenly found myself here
at ATS and have never looked back. Wow, I've been here almost 10 years.... just wow.

I've always been into UFO's and Aliens. I've actually had a sighting ( applause and ATS points for the first-
member to find my thread and U2U me with a link).

I'm not much into politics or religion. I usually just browse the board and read up on a bunch of
different subjects.

A highlight of being an ATS member / Staffer was getting to meet a fellow staff members in person.
We had a wonderful time and I have new friends and family here at my ATS home.

I've been told that as a staff member, I have a reputation with some members as being "tough" and not very nice. Please know that I never take anything personal and when I'm tasked with having to handle something as a staff member, I try my best to do so according to the T&C's and what's best for ATS.

My inbox is always open for any reason, a board issue, need help with something or just an "ear" to listen, shoot me a note.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey Folks!!!

I was drawn to ATS in late 03 researching 9/11, specifically Flight 93, having watched the coverage the entire day, at that time, and from the reports I had seen, I thought it was a no brainer that the Military got at least one of the four planes prior to a target being hit. I heard the rally cries to WAR Let's Roll!! , and the stories of the heroism on that fateful flight, I don't discard those as happening, I just don't buy the OS on how the plane came down.

10 years later, and I still feel that need for more answers for Flight 93. YMMV

I finally joined up in Jun 2004 and found my niche in the ATSNN section, being a reporter vetting news, sources etc prior to putting together threads for the members in what is now known as the Breaking Alternative News forum, those were the days

Despite not being heavily involved in the vast topics on the board, I really enjoyed the diversity of the membership, folks from across the globe gathered at one site to share thoughts, opinions, concerns, culture and most importantly knowledge...

I feel honored to be in the company of the bright minds here, I have learned much, I only wish I could pay you back in the same way, alas.. I am a mere mortal, but...

I do love to participate as a member of staff, to keep the board running smoothly, helping members when I can, and for the past 3 years I have been fortunate enough to be a part of the ATS Live radio show on (Saturdays), the All Things Survival Show (Thursdays), where we share knowledge with folks who have a strong desire to become self reliant, and the After Midnight Show, where we take a few hours to unwind with the folks on ATS and play creative commons music along with ATS member music as well..

In closing, I want to again say thanks to you all for participating in this wonderful forum, for sharing your thoughts, knowledge and cultures...

Every day, another revelation, evolve, seek knowledge and be willing to have that knowledge challenged.. finally,

Moonshine is good

See ya on the boards
!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
for those who don't know me by now, I'm Jon .. OR that crazy letters and numbers guy.

I happened across ATS on a fluke Google search back in early July of 2005.

... searching for info on the SR-71 Blackbird and other similar-type previously 'black projects'.

What's flying behind the curtain And What's in the works have always been a great interest to me, I guess.

At first, i was Very apprehensive, having only had experience with tech-related forums and the like on a minimal basis for employment purposes; I didn't attempt to 'join' for about a week or so, due to personal paranoia, ' on a site called Above Top Secret.
but I did.

My wife and kids were about to leave for a summer 'vacation' to her parents in Texas, and i just couldn't resist any longer.

WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!

Tomorrow will mark 8 years I've been haunting these annals, and each day seems Near as new as the first.

I was actually 'paranoid' about even attempting registering an account, having Really never had any sort of experience on a 'Discussion Forum'

? People 'Actually' Talk About Things Online ? - 2005 Jon

Once here, after a second registration attempt, the first was 'denied'
.. i've never left nor felt at home unless I had multiple tabs, when they came to be, open at any given time.

The Beauty of The Community ....
... is what's ALWAYS drawn me back.

Boots on the ground - type reporting, conveyance, caring for others, etc.

tomorrow [July 25th] marks my 8 year anniversary with ATS [ 7 of those as Staff], and I simply can't imagine my life without the literal plethora of folks that i've met, spoke with, spent time with and otherwise would never have made their acquaintance despite.

Many a staff member and several board members have graced our presence over the years. and it has Always been a good time had by all.

This Community of like-mindd People.... always seeking. Always searching... always there for others in their time of need.

THAT'S What brought me to ATS!

THAT'S What makes it So Special!

All the best,
12m8keall2c
Jon

more to come, but I just had to get that off my chest.

You folks. ALL of you, are what make this place so great a venue for not only ourselves[the Members], but also for the innumerous [visitors] whom happen by on a daily basis looking for that finer grain of truth, per se.

Crakeur's signature has a quote from yeahright about one who quietly cursed into the wind, and a man fell dead in the Himalayas five years later.

while not entirely accurate nor probably possible. THAT still represents the power of ATS, to me.

A Community Of People Focused on The Truth.. no matter how painful, disturbing or pleasing that truth might be.

WE seek answers to the questions that most are either afraid to or fail to Ask.

Think about that!

We do ... day in and Day out... ask / seek answers to questions that many others either fail to or are afraid to Ask.

Why?

Because WE CARE!

I've Seen It Time And Again ... ATS Members Care!

... for each other, as well as that which takes places around us geopolitically day-to-day

't Works For Me, Folks.
Keep on Keep'n On!!!

Jon

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
argentus here…..

I was raised in the northern boonies of Idaho, left home at 17, rode my thumb and my wits over much of Europe, Central and North America, and eventually, somehow got a degree in Chemistry. Along the way, I lost most of my hearing….. a combination of shooting and playing guitar in punk bands nobody has ever heard of.

I met the love of my life, and this year we celebrate our 25th anniversary. We moved to the Caribbean nearly 20 years ago, and live a simple and fulfilling life. I’m 55, and my darlin’ is [mumble mumble]. We share our small house with two cats, one of which was once a feral cat, who through various mutual behavioral modifications, joined the household. We also feed and care for four other feral cats, all of which have been trapped, neutered/spayed, and will even allow us to touch them once in a great while. I’m pretty certain I wouldn’t be that forgiving. All of our cats have been rescue animals.

I found ATS a few years ago while searching for UFO/alien stuff. Around that time, I’d also seen my first mysterious contrail “X” in the sky – still a rare event in the Cayman Islands. I was amazed – here was a website overflowing with people discussing all the strange ideas I had been harboring, and they didn’t sound any crazier than me! That there was a survival forum was just the topping on the cake.. Sign me up! ATS addiction followed. When invited to join the staff in 2010, I initially wondered if somebody was pulling a prank. To be able to work with other ATS members and assist with the maintenance of this site has become a treasured constant; imagine this – you all provide normalcy in my life! I only hope to be able to give back a bit of harmony and enjoyment that I’ve gained by being a member here.

In the U.S., one of my pastimes was making jewelry with the lost wax process. I favored silver – argentum – which lead to my member name. Iguanas are plentiful around us, and they’ve come to feel totemic to me, and thus my avatar.

Favorite non-work pastimes are bushcraft, x-gardening (not much soil and plenty of rock), making music, Tai Chi, freediving, fishing, watercolor painting, and on-going work on a book that may or may not be finished before I am. I’ve had three UFO sightings in my life, making me a continual stargazer. I’m convinced that “others” exist; whether they are from other planets, dimensions or temporal vectors, or were here before us, I can’t say.

Thank you all for what you do…. I’m happy to be a member of this wonderful place. if I can assist with anything, all you have to do is ask.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi.

I'm a part-time writer, musician and mam to a million animals. I'm a full time pharmacist (or at least I will be in 2 years, for now I'm a student!)

I like a drink, I like good food, I have an interest in most areas of science, I like being outside, I like tattoos, and I'm nearly in love with Plan B. I say that coz I still wouldn't swap him for my lad. I also like shooting zombies. And pretty much anything to do with zombies. And, actually, a lot of sci-fi/horror.

I sing, play guitar, bass and ukulele as well as a bit of keyboard and basic percussion. I like music a lot.

My gran got me into aliens and aliens got me into ATS, then ATS swamped out and I discovered a lot more about interesting stuff, followed by being part of a radio show, followed by being a mod.

Not really anything much else to say about myself, to be honest. I hate writing about myself.

edit on 25/7/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hello, everyone!

My ATS story probably isn’t that much different than many of yours. I came across this fascinatingly odd site while researching an alternative topic that piqued my interest. Voilà! More than eight years later I’m still learning new things, meeting interesting people and, most importantly, having a blast.

Let’s just say I’m a half-lemonade, half-iced tea kind of woman. One with a penchant for a crooning Bowie, sentimental movies, really good books and flights of fancy. My little family is a source of great pride, and my children spark an eternal inspiration and passion for life. Aside from family and career, I love to cook, write and travel whenever possible.

As for ATS, my interests run the gamut from the philosophical to things that go paranormally bump in the night. Let’s not forget the ever taboo religious and political aspects, either! And, yes, moderates do exist on the American plain!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great to meet all you guys

Johnny has the most amazing expressions on his face he should be on telly

May as well tell you a bit about me seeing you have been so open about yourselves.
Iam Gavin living in west Yorkshire, I have an affinity with Apes and Monkeys and I work looking after old folk but in two weeks I will be helping people with learning disabilities

Divorced 3 times now and I think I have learnt my lesson

Nice to meet you all and I would like to thank you all for being the best staff on the net making ATS the best site on the net.
Keep up the good work all.
Love and monkey kisses to you all and to your kin.
BM
xxx
edit on 25-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

wow , hiya doing bill,long time no see., sweet thread you made here ... cute dogs tho im really impartial to yorkies my self ... lmfao food looks good and again lmfao to the pic of the empty plates ...

and to add ,you got something in common with my mom, she wrote a childrens book too but hers was never published .
also allow me to personally say happy 31 st wedding anni, and a happy 90 more ... you cant die , we here need ya

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good day All,

This will help settle some who fear ATS is presumably being run by government controlled robots

I see a lot of humanity here. Please to meet you all

Where's Heff's profile?
edit on 25-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, thanks Ladies and Gentlemen for introducing yourselves to us, it is an honour to get to know a little bit more about all of you.

Shakes each and everyone of your hands

Where did Heff go or is he on bacon sandwich making duty?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

link   
It's funny, this reminded me of when "Skeptic" actually meant someone who was labeled a CTer. Years ago, any "skeptic" was someone who was skeptical of the official story. Skeptical of how things happened. People that said, "I don't buy it."

Of course now.. Skeptic means someone who is "working for the man" because they don't believe reptilians are killing babies and blaming it on real people who are not real, or because they don't think NASA has moon bases supplied by Nazi UFOs, etc.

Blast from the past...

link   
Great thread.

Brings us a little closer to the staff in knowing that they share some of the same interests as the members here.

Great to meet you all.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Where did Heff go or is he on bacon sandwich making duty?

Uhmm...clerical error? I'll let him explain when he posts...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i blew it huh oops sorry , i promise to be a very very very berry good girl from now on.. heff is busy clipping his toe nails he ll post in a wee while

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Its an honor to say happy 8 years on here Jon.
You have always been my favorite staff member and I am happy to have graced your online presence.

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Fed ex me one of those tacos!!!!
I will consider it a conspiracy against me if you don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Glad to meet everyone, Overlord looks so much better now, and I wouldn't mind a pair of shoes from those puppies of his they look so comfortable.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello mods!

Hello admin!

What would ATS be without you all ?

Youtube ?

Thanks for putting up with me I know it ain't easy.

Much,much respect.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Where is all the other Canadian mods!??? Holds up Wolverine's X!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join