It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baron Davis : I wasn't abducted by aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There were several threads recently about former Knicks guard Baron Davis claiming to have been abducted by aliens.

That story generated a fair amount of interest on various UFO websites and forums.

However, I haven't seen anyone post any threads about a news story reporting the confession by Baron Davis that he was only joking.

www.nj.com...

Former Knicks guard Baron Davis confesses to MSG's Alan Hahn: I wasn't abducted by aliens

In speaking with MSG's Alan Hahn, Davis confirmed he wasn't serious about the incident.

"I mean if you know me," Davis said, before deciding against finishing the obvious statement.

"I mean, you go on a podcast with two comedians, two funny guys and it's like, 'Hey, I' need to come with like a funny story'," Davis said on MSG, as quoted by Hahn. "Not thinking I was that important to the world, not even knowing that alien abductions are important to the world, just kind of making a joke."

He has also repeatedly posted on his Twitter account that it was a joke.

twitter.com...

Incidentally, the original discussions of the claim by Baron Davis that he was abducted resulted in quite a few people posting about other celebrities that have claimed to have had UFO sightings and/or been abducted by aliens. Again, I don't think anyone posted any information about examples of celebrities that later confessed that they had been joking/hoaxing (including some of those named in the recent discussions, such as William Shatner...).

It seems that explanations for sightings and stories don't generate anywhere near as much interest as the original story itself. This can result in people believing that some things are unexplained when in fact the explanations have been out there for years, but require a bit of digging. Perhaps that's what the X-files meant by "The truth is out there"...

edit on 22-7-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Probably a good lesson for the UFO crowd that loves to jump on every encounter as if it was real.

People lie for attention simple as that.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

He has also repeatedly posted on his Twitter account that it was a joke.

He said that even earlier....

It is funny how people just don't pay attention...twitter universe of course....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I thought this was known as joke on the very day it happened.
Perhaps not, but I saw it as a joke immediately

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't even know who this guy is... although I have heard of him now after this little publicity stunt... guess its job done on his part then huh?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah, it was pretty suspect to the point of obviousness. Great to see it cleared up though.

Shatner, however, c'mon...that dude has almost certainly "phoned home!"

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Agreed. People also retract a story for various reasons. I could go through that list, but a lot of us that have reported sitings know those reasons.

top topics

join