It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was unaware "Race" is still a huge problem in America...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I really thought things were changing in America. I think we deserve credit not scorn.

Imagine my surprise by the Presidents condescending comments.

I have experienced people locking their cars on my approach. I now feel violated.

I have experienced women clutching their purses in a elevator. I had no idea it was my race.

Honestly, I thought America elected a Black President. Isn't that progress?

I have people of color in my family. I realize there are still situations. It's not perfect.

But to pretend "Race" is still this huge problem in our Nation is disingenuous.

I feel like we have been treated like a Nation of mouth breathing bigots by our President.

A teachable moment to me would be a National reading of the Constitution.

We all together should learn the meaning of Treason, High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Racism exist, it is just covered nicely so it is not "in your face".

Black president suppose to mean something? "Hey look a black president, we are not racist!"

Is he even 100% black? or does anything mixes with black becomes 100% black?

Ignorance breeds racism. Ignorance is well alive in the Americas.
edit on 7/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think a lot of this is manufactured. When one realises who controls the media, then one has to ponder what is the agenda behind it. My believe is "Divide and conquer", and whilst the "Sheeple" occupy themselves with this issue, the powers that be have diverted the attention away from themselves.

What really freaks me out is the fact that the NSA have been spying on everyone and yet no street protests about that. A Hispanic guy murders an African American and the whole country erupts. Does no one else see the problem here?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its the same everywhere and it wont ever stop until our apology is accepted for enslaving Africans over 200 years ago we will then only be able to build bridges and gain each others trust ,those people that carried out enslavement are dead and burred, and so are the ones that suffered from it, people need to learn to forgive and forget we are all stuck on the same planet and until one of us can colonize the moon or find a new inhabitable planet we are going to after put up with each other.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Why does that matter?

I won't be pigeonholed by your race baiting comments.

I expressed my thoughts...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"Race" isn't the problem. The real problem here is the Department of Justice. They are spending alot of time, energy and money to make us all think racism is the problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You claim he is black but then call me race baiting when i correct on a topic about racism?

/facepalm.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Racism exist, it is just covered nicely so it is not "in you face".

Black president suppose to mean something? "Hey look a black president, we are not racist!"

Ignorance breeds racism. Ignorance is well alive in the Americas.

Well, remember Mayor Ray Nagin's controversial "Chocolate Speech"?
About if you mix chocolate with white milk it's still chocolate.
Obama even tho he's bi-racial considers himself black.

The speech should have been more broader, addressing the violence that youths have as well as race.

-----------------------

ETA: Have you noticed the ones who scream racism the loudest are the racists?
Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc.
edit on 22-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Obama (who claimed to be the great uniter) is the most divisive president that weve ever had, next to Lincoln

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Its the same everywhere and it wont ever stop until our apology is accepted for enslaving Africans over 200 years ago we will then only be able to build bridges and gain each others trust ,those people that carried out enslavement are dead and burred, and so are the ones that suffered from it, people need to learn to forgive and forget we are all stuck on the same planet and until one of us can colonize the moon or find a new inhabitable planet we are going to after put up with each other.

Apology?

All the white and black people get together and the whites bring flowers, chocolates and cards?

Thatz just utter tripe buddy. Nobody wants an apology, its about true education and less media propaganda across all races.

link   
"Racism" in the broadest of terms is easy to forget if you are a white authoritarian. I'm not judging individuals, just stating a truism.

Each person can do their best, by discarding the belief the genetic composition has any relationship with behavior. By discarding that concept I suggest not using the word "racist" at all. The word is essentially dead due to it's rampant misuse.

Most remaining prejudice and bias that develops in people is primarily due to cultural factors and has absolutely no correlation with genetics. You might call that bigotry but it's not racism.

link   
I never understood why people believe racism will go away. Especially in America. America is not a racist nation or has a lot of racist citizens. However, they do exist and are easy to find if you look for them. Just because there is a black president doesn't mean anything.

link   
reply to post by snarky412

if you mix chocolate with white milk it's still chocolate.

The new content may have the phenotype similar to chocolate but genotype is different. Unless people prefer to think that having a certain skin colour means their entire body carries traits of that colour is ignorant.

Well most people are it seems.
edit on 7/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I never understood why people believe racism will go away. Especially in America. America is not a racist nation or has a lot of racist citizens. However, they do exist and are easy to find if you look for them. Just because there is a black president doesn't mean anything.

Being as America is a boiling pot of races, I guess there will always be some sort of racism.
On the one hand, it's great that our country allows such a diversity of people.
And yet, on the other hand, we are not a pure race of people such as Japan, China ,etc. so there will always be some kind of dis-satisfaction among some groups.

And then we have our leaders making a big deal about a trial that was shown NOT to be about race.
They are stiring the pot, so to speak.
To keep us divided as one other poster stated.

edit on 22-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Of course there are many countries that is multicultural but the racial tension is much much less. But there are many factors involved.

1) history of the Americas

2) people that still hold on to the "old ways"

Combine all this with ignorance! Voila!~

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I personally think he's worse than Bush, I was so excited when Obama first won the election and the possibility of change that he promised both the US and the world, and yet I find it very hard to think of anything positive he has accomplished during his two terms. Anyway Obama is just the puppet for the shadow US goverment and perhaps this is the reason he's not achieved great things.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm an American too and a multiracial individual. Remember the word 'individual' I used. I dislike racist because they seem to fan the flames. No disrespect to the OP. But I seen a lot of horrors watching videos, reading articles, etc. You cannot hide it. We need to teach respect. Which I believe would help stop racism. America has a lot of problems.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

You claim he is black but then call me race baiting when i correct on a topic about racism?

/facepalm.

You have not been correct on this topic yet.

If racism is so rampant in your world. Do something about it.

I can only tell you what "I" see. And "I" see race relations making huge strides.

Why can't you bring yourself to at least acknowledge that?

Do you always have to divide people? Because that is what "I" see.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I'm an American too and a multiracial individual. Remember the word 'individual' I used. I dislike racist because they seem to fan the flames. No disrespect to the OP. But I seen a lot of horrors watching videos, reading articles, etc. You cannot hide it. We need to teach respect. Which I believe would help stop racism. America has a lot of problems.

I was not saying it did not exist.

I was trying to point out America has made huge strides.

Obviously, we are not there yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Sorry for misunderstanding you. I was just writing without reading your OP.
Second line needed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join