It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jury says Zimmerman feared for his life but Trayvon didn't?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is clearly racism.

There was no way that 5 white women were going to convict Zimmerman in Florida. If a white woman was murdered in Florida, you will never find 5 black men on the Jury. This is justice?

The Jury had to make the assumption that old Jolly Zimmerman had every right to be scared for his life and stand his ground with deadly force even though I have seen bar fights and high school fights with worse outcomes than Zimmerman and Trayvon but Trayvon the crazy black thug in the Hoodie had no reason to be scared of old jolly Zimmerman.

Old Jolly Zimmerman was just following Trayvon while whistling the National Anthem and the wild black animal Trayvon just turned around out of the blue and attacked old jolly Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was on the hunt that night. He just knew Trayvon was a thug and up to no good.

What the Jury is saying is that Trayvon had no right to stand his ground. He was the one being followed first by car and then by foot by Zimmerman. Trayvon didn't know Zimmerman. Trayvon didn't know if this guy was going to follow him home.

The Jury made the assumption that the black thug in a hoodie couldn't have been scared of Zimmerman but old jolly good hearted Zimmerman had every right to be scared of the black thug.

So Zimmerman can stand his ground and use deadly force with a gun but Trayvon can't stand his ground with a punch?

This was clearly Manslaughter and clearly a case of racism.

There's a black woman who shot a gun at her husband and got 20 year in jail and she didn't kill anyone and her husband has been on probation for abuse. Yet she had no right to stand her ground. Because old jolly Zimmerman was in the face of a menacing black 17 year old thug, he had every right to kill him?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Trayvon...could have backed off waited for police or explained who and why he was there... but because he attacked GZ is why he got shot...if he hadnt been trying to be a banger and all tough...then it would never had happened...
hate to say it but if Im armed and he is a suspect, then comes at me....well the outcome would have been the same..

Race was not an issue...if I live in a gated community and see someone (anyone white black red yellow) that I dont recognize Im going to keep an eye on them and if they look suspicious call the cops and or confront them.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Romeo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

If Martin was fearing for his life why did he return to confront Zimmerman after having the opportunity to return home? This sequence of events was supported by the prosecution's own witness.

In regards to the other case you mention, the reason she was charged and convicted is because the very fact she fired into the air is proof she was not immediately fearing for her life. If she was actually fearing for her life she would not have hesitated to shoot to kill. Furthermore, she had no idea where that bullet was going to go by firing in a random direction. That is criminal negligence.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Trayvon...could have backed off waited for police or explained who and why he was there.

Zimmerman was TOLD to back off by the cops, and didn't.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Except for the part about the woman who shot at her husband because it's not even near the Zimmerman case, let us assume that Zimmerman was a racist in his heart, that he said, "I'm gonna kill me a black boy tonight!" and he stalked Trayvon, hunted him, and waited for his chance to end his life. Let's just say that's how it went down.

1. First, it makes no sense for Zimmerman to hunt down a black boy in the middle of the open neighborhood in full view of everyone.

2. Hatred, racism, and ill will were not on trial.

3. Trayvon was doing the attacking, the beating, and was heard definitely to be making racist comments towards Zimmerman suck as "white *** cracker". Zimmerman was on the ground getting his head bounced on concrete screaming "help me! somebody help me!"

The only thing to decide in the jury room was if the shooting was in self defense under the law, and the answer was yes. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Race was not an issue...if I live in a gated community and see someone (anyone white black red yellow) that I dont recognize Im going to keep an eye on them and if they look suspicious call the cops and or confront them.

I agree with you almost, I'd be suspicious too, and might even call the cops, and when they said to me, don't follow or confront him, guess what? I'm going home, I did my part, might even take a photo of the guy for good measure.

But put a gun in my hand, and who knows, maybe I'll go chuck norris it up a little.

Zimmerman is innocent of murder under the law, but I don't think his hands are that clean.

If he's the nice well adjusted member of society they say he is, he will be tortured for the rest of his life wondering if he really needed to take that kids life.

None of us where there, so to say "he got all banger" is pretty unapproachable. I'm not sure how to approach that comment without assuming the racial undertones. I don't think you meant it as such, at all, but it can easily be read that way.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Romeo1

Trayvon...could have backed off waited for police or explained who and why he was there.

Yeah, the the operator said, "can you still see him, where is he now?" and Zimmerman says, wait, he gets out of the truck, takes a few steps and BAM! he gets it in the nose, falls to the ground and gets his head used as a basketball on the sidewalk while he screams "HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!". So maybe the police operator was more at fault for the whole thing by asking George Z. where Trayvon was at.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Romeo1

No he was not...he was told by a emergency operator NOT the COPS...and if I think someone is up to something I would also keep an eye on him Im not going to retreat and let someone steal or mess with others stuff....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If Trayvon had just stepped back for one min and said "Hey I got family here Im staying with them" instead of attacking the "Cracker" in his own words...he would be alive..thats all it would have taken
Bottom line.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is Rascist, That is Rascist EVERYTHINGIS RAAAAASSSCCCCIIISSSSTTTT!!!!!! Anyway from whatyouare saying is Good 'Ole Santa Zimmerman Aka (The Patriot), Was taking a Leisurly drive in His bright yellow hummer, after a rally with the KKK. He then saw Poor "Frail innocent Child" Trayvon. After trayvon helped some girl scouts get out of the rain, then promptly went to save a box of Golden retriever puppies from the roadside. So zimmerman
lunges put of his Hummer wielding Two Desert Eagles. Trayvon catches zimmerman in the act and rushes the girl scouts to safety after taking three bullets to the Skittles bag he was holding. Zimmerman runs out of ammo and quickly jumps inside his Rascist ride and flips a switch, Then a roof mounted LMG.50CAL emerges and he Sprays the whole block full of lead Screaming "They always get away....But not TODAY!" So after he hits Trayvon "Once" out of 1200rounds, Zimmerman then called the police, who were also at the KKK Rally. They arrived promptly to clean up and pat Zimmerman on the head.

Now no-one can say anything! these are all irrefutable facts, i heard about from a friend, on the other side of the world,who watches MSNBC,Fox News and CNN, They would never lie to me!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
This is clearly racism.

The FBI investigated and said 'no racism'. The birth parents of Martin said it wasn't about race. The step mother of Martin said it wasn't about race. The police (of all races) and the lead investigator said it wasn't about race. Zimmerman himself dated a black woman and went to the prom with her and also tutored black children for free. The even clearly wasn't racist.

However, THIS statement by you IS ..

There was no way that 5 white women were going to convict Zimmerman in Florida.

Racist. And insulting to the intelligence of the women.
The jury came back with the only verdict they could .. not guilty.
The state failed to prove it's case. It's just that simple.

Clearly you are dead wrong.

What you want is mob rule. What you want is emotion to rule the day, not the law.
Grab the torches and pitchforks .. forget that the evidence didn't support the charge.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

that's wrong. You didn't watch the trial, did you?

Zimmerman was told 'we don't need you to do that' .. by dispatch ... when he said that he was following Martin. But then dispatch said 'tell us what else he does'. So the only way to know that would be to follow Martin.

Martin had 4 1/2 minutes to go back to the house where his father and his fathers mistress were.
The house was only a football throw away .... very close.
Martin could have made it and been just fine there. He could have called 911
But instead .. he confronted Zimmerman. So .. he confronted a guy with a gun and died.

Both Zimmerman and Martin made bad decisions that night.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Using stand your ground logic, the person with the gun that shoots first has superior rights.
edit on 17-7-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: semantics

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sadly, you didn't read the post.

I never said Zimmerman was a racist, I said the Juries verdict was racist. Of course race played a part in this. and to try and act like it didn't is just silly.

The Jury assumed that Zimmerman had a right to be scared of Trayvon the black thug, but the black thug Trayvon had no reason to be scared of old jolly Zimmerman.

By your own admission, they both made mistakes. So Trayvon's mistakes means old jolly Zimmerman can kill him but Zimmerman's mistakes are okay? Trayvon could have went home and Zimmerman could have stopped following Trayvon.

HOW DO YOU KNOW TRAYVON WASN'T SCARED FOR HIS LIFE? Is it because he's this black angry thug that just attacked poor, jolly Zimmerman out of the blue?

This is the racist assumption that has to be made in order not to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter.

Trayvon had every right to ask Zimmerman why was he following him. Trayvon had every right to confront Zimmerman and stand his ground.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This is clearly racism.

The FBI investigated and said 'no racism'. The birth parents of Martin said it wasn't about race. The step mother of Martin said it wasn't about race. The police (of all races) and the lead investigator said it wasn't about race. Zimmerman himself dated a black woman and went to the prom with her and also tutored black children for free. The even clearly wasn't racist.

However, THIS statement by you IS ..

There was no way that 5 white women were going to convict Zimmerman in Florida.

Racist. And insulting to the intelligence of the women.
The jury came back with the only verdict they could .. not guilty.
The state failed to prove it's case. It's just that simple.

Clearly you are dead wrong.

What you want is mob rule. What you want is emotion to rule the day, not the law.
Grab the torches and pitchforks .. forget that the evidence didn't support the charge.

:shk:

Well said very good statement!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The OP is just feeding a media orchastrated lynching gone wrong. From the day the story broke the media quickly doused it with gas to make ratings. The politicians followed suit to take attention away from all the scandals happening. This isnt even a story its about 2 minoritys. And now troublemakers and racists like the op want to keep it going even when the prosecution broke laws and acted unethically and still couldnt get a conviction. In addition the judge was so obviosly racist agains zimmerman she should be fired. Finally, this case has revealed whom the real racists are and its people like you op that choose to ignore the facts and to persecute an innocent man.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Sadly, you didn't read the post.

I never said Zimmerman was a racist, I said the Juries verdict was racist. Of course race played a part in this. and to try and act like it didn't is just silly.

The Jury assumed that Zimmerman had a right to be scared of Trayvon the black thug, but the black thug Trayvon had no reason to be scared of old jolly Zimmerman.

By your own admission, they both made mistakes. So Trayvon's mistakes means old jolly Zimmerman can kill him but Zimmerman's mistakes are okay? Trayvon could have went home and Zimmerman could have stopped following Trayvon.

HOW DO YOU KNOW TRAYVON WASN'T SCARED FOR HIS LIFE? Is it because he's this black angry thug that just attacked poor, jolly Zimmerman out of the blue?

This is the racist assumption that has to be made in order not to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter.

Trayvon had every right to ask Zimmerman why was he following him. Trayvon had every right to confront Zimmerman and stand his ground.

Yes Trayvon did have the right to confront Zimmerman...but he messed up after he talked smack about being a cracker and threw punches...

Trayvon..."why are you following me?"
Zimmerman "we have had breakins and was just checking"
Trayvon...."Im staying with my Dad just over there I can be here"
Zimmerman..."oh ok we were concerned we have had breakins and Im with block watch"
Trayvon...." Oh well we can walk over to his house and confirm if you like"
Zimmerman..."well we better wait for the police and they will take care of it"

Could have gone down just like that no harm no foul...but....live like a thug die like a thug...no one can just talk anymore

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If Trayvon was scared for his life he should have entered the shelter of the home he had already reached instead of making the conscious decision to leave that safety and seek Zimmerman back out. That does not show fear, it shows predatory behavior.

He made a very stupid choice and he died for that pure stupidity.

* Incidentally ... for those who just can't stop saying Zimmerman was "TOLD" to back off? Please, for the record, state which witness stated that in court so we can all go hear GZ "being told" to "back off". It didn't happen. It wasn't said ...but believing the Media version seems the extent of what some people are capable of. Damn, this is getting old for that aspect of it.

The truth is RIGHT THERE in a trial that JUST HAPPENED. Deny Ignorance! Take a moment and read what REALLY happened ...not what Media tells everyone happened for their talking points. :shk:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I ask again.

DID TRAYVON MARTIN HAVE ANY RIGHT TO STAND HIS GROUND?

Trayvon didn't know Zimmerman. Trayvon didn't know why he was being followed.. Trayvon didn't know if this guy was going to try and follow him home.

Racist think Trayvon couldn't have been scared because he's a black thug who attacked innocent and good hearted Zimmerman out of the blue!

RACISM!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

LOL, I see.

Zimmerman was just being jolly and polite and the unruly thug wearing a hoodie just attacked poor Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was just whistling the national anthem then he was attacked by the black animal. Sadly, this is the racist thinking that allows an injustice like this to occur.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join