It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela - UNCONFIRMED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerigoVespucci
reply to post by Rocker2013

Praise God that Putin does not want the LGBT's to contaminate his social structures. He is a leader with character and a strong 'Orthodox' religious and moral background. As the moral leader of his nation he has every right to condemn LGBT's - as do I, as a righteous Catholic. We find the whole idea to be abhorrent to human nature.

Amen to President Putin - and what do we upstanding moral citizens of the world have to say to the Marxist atheist Obama and his outright promotion of the LGBT's in America ??? I am not permitted to say here on ATS !

edit on 9-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

Putin is like a mafia Boss a dictator at worst. But if that's what you would rather have than a functioning republic democracy, that's up to you. At least you have the opportunity to vote Obama out. Good luck protesting any grievance in Russia.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Who knows if this is real, and if he really is stuck in transit in Moscow.

I've been stuck in Moscow and, I can tell you, it is unpleasant.

But if he IS, I wonder if he is returning luggage carts for Zomg bars like Hanks in the movie "The Terminal"!

My real point is, Snowden is probably on the NoFly, active in INTERPOL, with LookOuts all over international systems. It matters not that his US passport was canceled. He wasn't going to get on another flight with it anyway.

However, Russia may have "paroled" him into their country in the meantime in order to provide him some movement to seek relief.

Further, any other country can provide him a provisional travel document with which to fly, but it is not going to be on a US Flag carrier, or a close ally. those manifests are available real-time.

He is going to have to fly under an alias, or in a diplomatic status of another country in order to be protected.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You are watching too many movies
. They tried to catch him causing huge diplomatic scandal with grounding Bolivian presidential plane , Russian agents made a joke and CIA take that joke seriously . Snowden is alive and he is in that transit zone , i expect him to be in Venezuela soon , expected route --> Ireland - Havana - Caracas.
edit on 9-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Ireland? You know when Obama made they trip to out News Corp spying to the Queen with evidence on a Ipod he found out he was a Irish man and had to make a quick stop to get some extra data to leak to the Queen. And you think he would fly to Ireland.
Venezuela has been working directly with the US government and I even posted a article showing that Washington ran a operation to catch a drug lord with help from CIA, MI6 and the Venezuela government. And besides that who do you think has put all the underwater fiber optic cables in South America that the NSA spies on? Hint Venezuela.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

High Court in Ireland refuses US request for Snowden arrest warrant

The High Court in Dublin ruled that Washington DC security chiefs failed to show where alleged crimes had been committed by the former intelligence contractor. The US applied for a provisional arrest warrant on Friday through its Ballsbridge embassy.

www.irishexaminer.com...

Edward Snowden Asylum To Be Offered By Venezuela, President Nicolás Maduro Says

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 9-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Snowden is smart enough to know that everyone expect that he takes a plane. So why shall he take one? The test with the plane of Evo Morales showed, it won't work. So he will find another way to leave Russia.

Why shall he threaten his life only that news can report how he came to Venezuela. So maybe he takes a ship or is already in another country. No one has seen him at the airport in Moscow. Direct the mass media to a story and do something total different. He worked for the agency some years and he know how his former colleges think.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice one

German Blush lingerie brand has decided to take advantage of the hype surrounding Edward Snowden, issuing a series of ads in which the whistleblower is mentioned. In one of them, the company offers him asylum in Berlin, promising that a “bed and champagne” is waiting for the NSA leaker upon arrival. Another ad features the slogan “Dear Edward Snowden, there’s still a lot to uncover" next to a female model in sexy underwear.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good if that's true. In Venezuela it'll be relatively easy for his family and girlfriend to go see him.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by xavi1000

Ireland? You know when Obama made they trip to out News Corp spying to the Queen with evidence on a Ipod he found out he was a Irish man and had to make a quick stop to get some extra data to leak to the Queen. And you think he would fly to Ireland.
Venezuela has been working directly with the US government and I even posted a article showing that Washington ran a operation to catch a drug lord with help from CIA, MI6 and the Venezuela government. And besides that who do you think has put all the underwater fiber optic cables in South America that the NSA spies on? Hint Venezuela.

Then what you are saying is everythign is a farse. Which in fact wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Of coarse it isn't being talked about in the MSM. They have much more important things to talk about like the Treyvon/Zimmerman case which has been on nonstop for days. Absolutely ridiculous. Let's focus on irrelevant race cases, abortions and celebs tweeting about mindless crap instead of focusing on our rights being completely violated.
Other then gullible senior citizens, I'm surprised anyone watches that propagated garbage anymore.
Good news is Snowden got out of Moscow.
Bad news is people will continue on with their days like nothing ever happened.
If folks cared as much about this country and the direction it is going as they do geeking out on their phones,Facecrook and watching garbage on TV, we might actually be seeing a revolution happening.

The gov knows most Americans are self absorbed and could give
two s@#$s about what is happening around the world.
As long as their little bubble doesn't get popped, most Americans could care less.
I'm surprised that more people aren't in utter shock(like myself)
about what has come to light in recent weeks.
I'm shocked that this NSA scandal wasn't the "final last straw".

Hell, when I bring it up to even my friends and family, I get the good ol' "I just smelt a fart look" and I'm told I'm being negative. If it isn't that reaction, it's the classic, "well I ain't doing anything wrong so I've got nothing to hide". Honestly, that response makes me what to hit them right in the throat. Maybe when we are all loaded up on trains and sent to Fema Camps, maybe that might wake us all up.........or not

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

reply to post by Rocker2013

Praise God that Putin does not want the LGBT's to contaminate his social structures. He is a leader with character and a strong 'Orthodox' religious and moral background. As the moral leader of his nation he has every right to condemn LGBT's - as do I, as a righteous Catholic. We find the whole idea to be abhorrent to human nature.

Amen to President Putin - and what do we upstanding moral citizens of the world have to say to the Marxist atheist Obama and his outright promotion of the LGBT's in America ??? I am not permitted to say here on ATS !

Putin is like a mafia Boss a dictator at worst. But if that's what you would rather have than a functioning republic democracy, that's up to you. At least you have the opportunity to vote Obama out. Good luck protesting any grievance in Russia.

Putin is as crooked as the day is long, but suggesting people can just vote obama out is comical to me. Vote him out for who? The other cronies that have been hand picked for you to choose from? The illusion of choice is a powerful tool.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Putin is as crooked as the day is long, but suggesting people can just vote obama out is comical to me. Vote him out for who? The other cronies that have been hand picked for you to choose from? The illusion of choice is a powerful tool.

You hit the nail on the head right there. Making people think they have a say in something makes people feel important. Which to ourselves we are, but they don't see us that way.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In answer to the unfair criticism of President Putin throughout this thread:

When all is said and done in the Edward Snowden affair President Putin will stand high above Barack Obama in all categories by which a world leader might (and should) be measured: Character, strength of conviction, moral standing, and as a spiritual and religious example for his people - without which there is no moral foundation.

President Putin is not a hypocrite. He's a man of his word and does what he says he will do. Now let us compare that to Obama. President Putin deserves and commands respect. What does Obama command?

President Putin is the one who stood for justice and for freedom in this remarkable affair, and throughout the entirety of Snowden's ordeal (so far) he stands alone in the sense that he alone had the courage to protect Snowden. And now several others have also come to his aid.

President Putin is not a hypocrite. He's a man of his word and does what he says he will do. Now let us compare that to Obama. President Putin deserves and commands respect. What does Obama command. President Putin is the one who stood for justice and for freedom in this remarkable affair, and throughout Snowden's ordeal he stands alone in the sense that he alone had the courage to protect Snowden. And now several others have also come to his aid.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

not if he went trough vladivostok ,check your geography

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Couple of interesting articles I heard about earlier concerning Snowden...written by Daniel Elsberg...the man who was the whistleblower in the 70's for releasing "The Pentagon Papers".

Washinton Post article
www.washingtonpost.com... ml

A clip from the lead in to the article:

Daniel Ellsberg is the author of “Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers.” He was charged in 1971 under the Espionage Act as well as for theft and conspiracy for copying the Pentagon Papers. The trial was dismissed in 1973 after evidence of government misconduct, including illegal wiretapping, was introduced in court. Many people compare Edward Snowden to me unfavorably for leaving the country and seeking asylum, rather than facing trial as I did. I don’t agree. The country I stayed in was a different America, a long time ago.

Daniel Elsberg's Website can be found here with an article about Snowden from back in June...
www.ellsberg.net...

Clip From Elsberg's site:

Article headline/title

Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America

In my estimation, there has not been in American history a more important leak than Edward Snowden’s release of NSA material – and that definitely includes the Pentagon Papers 40 years ago. Snowden’s whistleblowing gives us the possibility to roll back a key part of what has amounted to an “executive coup” against the US constitution. Since 9/11, there has been, at first secretly but increasingly openly, a revocation of the bill of rights for which this country fought over 200 years ago. In particular, the fourth and fifth amendments of the US constitution, which safeguard citizens from unwarranted intrusion by the government into their private lives, have been virtually suspended.
edit on 7/9/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

link

Word has it that he's to be flown to Vladivostok then over the Pacific out of reach of the American dictatorship.

The direct route from VVO (Vladavostok to CCS (Caracas) doesn't go near the Pacific. It goes over the Arctic Ocean near the North Pole and then over far eastern Canada and the Atlantic. In fact, somewhat of a deviation East would be necessary to avoid flying over the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth11

not if he went trough vladivostok ,check your geography

Haha really?! Travel agent for over 11 years. I think my geography is ok. And apparently many people fail to realize that no matter what route he takes there is typically one area or another controlled by US either directly or indirectly.

The only real safe travel for Snowden is Submarine, a flying Ice Dragon with tactical nukes or God All Mighty.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pluginkid

Treyvon and Zimmerman are tied to the NSA spying. Zimmerman worked for Digital Risk LLC which spies on all mortgages for them and collects all the financial data you give them to get one. The boss even went to the White House the day before the President even got questioned about it. I wonder why the President was asked about it the next day on TV. Because the media wanted to know what Zimmermans boss said at the White House to him about the case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But Digital Risk does not like the heat and have supposedly sold to a company in India. But the owner was placed on the Board of Directors and still runs it. They just moved the name off shore to have more protections against US laws on spying.

www.digitalrisk.com...

Founded: 2005

Acquired: 2013 by MphasiS, an HP Company

Clients: Marquee names across the residential mortgage spectrum, including:

• Mortgage Originators & Insurers
• Conduits and Issuers
• Mortgage Investors
• Distressed Asset Investors
• Servicers & Regulators

Analytics:
• Credit Risk: risk of default
• Operations Risk: risk of error & or fraud

Solutions:

Forensics - whole loan representation & warranty and rescission examinations

Compliance & Surveillance - identification of performance and systemic risk within securities

Component Servicing & Oversight - loan modification support & servicing oversight

Origination & Secondary - end-to-end fulfillment for originators & investors

Valuation Solutions - end-to-end valuation management & quality assurance

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by OneisOne

The only reason I would believe its true is because today on any MSN channel all they were showing was the Zimmerman trial. Even CNN had it on both their channels at the same time. Because I couldn't get any news on any news channel earlier today I couldn't help but think to myself that there must be something big happening that they are putting so much distraction effort with Zimmerman. Just a thought.

There's nothing distracting being done showing the Zimmerman trial. HLN has been planning to broadcast it long before this snowden guy got in the news. They show all the big murder trials on that channel. CNN talks about Zimmerman to advertise HLN, their sister network.

Every time I put CNN on its about the plane crash.

I heard on HLN yesterday Venezuela had offered him asylum

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
can't be....He's in my friends home in Brisbane already.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join