It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independance Day, The Greatest Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I couldn't help but think about what Independence day meant to the people of America today. And it has, in my opinion become nothing more than an excuse to play with explosives and get together with friends and family.

There is no Independence today.

We depend on the system for transportation, for without fuel we can go nowhere.

We depend on the system for power, without power we cannot keep our food cool.

We depend on the system for food, without grocery stores a large portion of America would starve.

We depend on the system for Health Care, without our doctors help we would die (or so they want us to think)

We depend on the system for Education, without a credentialed education you know nothing, according to status quo.

We depend on the system for protection, without the Governments help we would be massacred by terrorists.

We depend on the system to tell us whats Right and Wrong.

We are NOT Independent, and to say otherwise is Laughable.

I believe that our future is not grim, or dark, or set in stone. We as a people can have our Freedom back. But the only way that we will ever see the light of freedom and Independence is if we all do what we can to wake our brothers and sisters up.

Those of you out there that see TRUTH, We stand together, however far apart. You are not alone in your quest for higher living. One day soon, our time of action will be upon us.

Until then, Know that your struggle is not your own, but that of all humanity.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
my grandparents don't depend on anyone but them self except for electric which they could get by without. they raised me and I know they don't need anyone for anything. water from a spring, heat and cooking from wood, and they grow more food than they could eat. canning or putting food in the cellar. could use buckets for water without electricity. they have never had a tv or radio. I didn't either growing up. hunt fish and garden. it just takes someone willing to work to live the same way they do.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Independence was the ability for a nation to govern itself without external forces

We depend on the system for transportation, for without fuel we can go nowhere.

get a horse or or walk...etc...the founders of the nation managed with a few horses and a wagon

We depend on the system for power, without power we cannot keep our food cool.

and actually most people will still keep their hams/salamis in the coolest part for the same time and until 50-60 years ago a slab of marble was very good for cooling stuff

We depend on the system for food, without grocery stores a large portion of America would starve.

give a reason such as we had in ww2 for dig for victory and i'm sure that you'd soon find that you could source 99% of the stuff you want locally

We depend on the system for Health Care, without our doctors help we would die (or so they want us to think)

i doubt it....we survived millions of years without knowledge of DNA etc so while a few people would die earlier than they would under current medicine i doubt it would be much changed

We depend on the system for Education, without a credentialed education you know nothing, according to status quo.

knowledge is knowledge....slapping a big wax seal on it doesn't make it any better#

We depend on the system for protection, without the Governments help we would be massacred by terrorists.

Theres always been people turning up on foreign shores and to a degree we need a government to make sure theres people armed and ready to tell them to "get the f--k of my land"

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by catt3

Catt, That is Awesome!! I had the same experience growing up as a youngster and it has permanently altered the way I approach life. Beautiful!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Wow, Maxatoria, you answered all of my worries. Thank you for being so RIGHT ON.
And I appreciate you really taking the time to examine the core of what I was discussing.

Now please, go try on a different costume.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

To be honest, we can never be fully "independent". Even if there was no government and it was each man for himself, we'd still be depending on farming, depending on the trees to provide fruit, and so on.

I doubt it'll be renamed to "inter-dependance day" it just doesn't sound as catchy.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

more people should try and live self suffecient. It would make you happier. I will admit I like the Internet. but every thing else and the internet for me is a luxury.

new topics

top topics

join