It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar Worked On Alien Spaceship Reverse Engineering: Lockheed Martin's Senior Scientist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
If you want a complete refutation of Lazar's fantasy physics, I suggest you read this piece by Dr David Morgan, a real physicist.

Not knowing any real physics, Lazar has contradicted himself so many times that it ruined what shred of credibility he had to begin with. It would be one thing if he actually knew what he was talking about, but he has shown time and time again that he doesn't understand the basics of modern gravitation theory and nuclear physics. That alone is enough to conclude that it is simply not possible for Lazar to competently do the job he claimed he was hired to do.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

Unless, of course, you can imagine the goverment hiring incompetent people...Oh, wait...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks for probably the best post in this thread. I agree with some of your points, I don't see the government just handing him alien tech, it's compartmentalized to the hilt. In fact, I'd suggest if it happened at all, he'd be told he was reverse engineering Russian tech.

Thanks. More likely than not, he wouldn't have been told ANYTHING about it's origin. His overseers would have simply included that as part of the challenge, as to not influence his conclusions. There's enough evidence to support he was brought to the base. Not only did he know about it (before it was public...HE made it public), he knew details...ones only someone who had been there would know (this was corroborated by actual Area 51 personnel later on). So, why? What did he do there?

My entire time as a Lockheed brat, I knew of only ONE person who had previously worked there (or as he called it, simply "Groom Lake" or "Watertown"...he was old school Lockheed). He was my father's supervisor in Saudi. Anything I heard was from his son, one of my good friends. Typically, it was only the real career guys who worked there, "lifers". He said his dad was gone for nearly 6 months, and his mom could only contact him late at night, once he got back to an apartment they provided (he had to fly JANET to the base each day). (I didn't know about JANET at the time, so this is an assumption, based on him saying he'd fly out there each day). Of course, then, I had no idea about the base...just made the connection years later when I heard "Groom Lake".

So, the idea of an independent, non-military or non-defense contractor guy going out there is weird. But, if he was brought in by a buddy at EG&G, it may not be that unbelievable. Still, he'd have to have some pretty darn decent clearance to happen in the time span given. That too, is possible, if he was at Los Alamos.

I think he was brought there to consult on SOMETHING. Whether it was a UFO or not...that's where any evidence is now out of the equation, and we're left with his word (which isn't much to go on with the inconsistencies). Still, why make it up? He didn't seem to gain much from it. Quite the opposite.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As much as I love the story of Lazar, the guy is cool, and the account compelling and certainly makes the mind tingle with excitement, I stand by it being a elaborate hoax.
Edgar Fouche rips him apart piece by piece, to include Boyd, the photoshopped tax return, etc.
decent discussion here
Alienscientist board. personally I trust the unknown nobody Alienscientist moreso than Bob Lazar in matters of physics and truth.

I would love to be backing the wrong horse on this one though. as I said, Lazar's accounts are cool and what a wild reality it would be if his story checks out. But...I like to consider many fantastical things...and I suspect his accounts are about equal to my desires for superpowers.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
An interesting thing...I made a post about it here, I don't know how long ago....

Read Lazar's description of the craft, and then read General Twinings Air Accident Report (one of the MJ-12 papers) that describes the interior of the craft. While not the same, there are certainly some peculiar parallels.

Another odd thing. The MJ-12 papers (some, if not all) may have a lot of junk, but they also contain some gems. For example, the precursor to the organization was the IPU (Interplanetary Phenomena Unit). Never before was this unit ever mentioned publicly, yet a FOIA request confirmed it's existence (though nothing else).

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

I agree with the others. I've followed Lazar since he first came out in the 80's. I beleive the other scientist in the video is telling half truths and that Lazar himself got popular cuz he'd throw in a tid bit of logic into his overall illogical word-salad in regard to S-4

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damsel
I'm always surprised by how quickly people will disregard Bob and his story, even in the UFO community. I'm not sure why it happens either.

People are quick to point out that he can't verify his background and refer to Stanton Friedman's comments on Bob, in spite of the fact that Bob Lazar was the first one to say he couldn't verify his background or schooling.
They also tend to disregard the fact that Bob was listed in the newspaper as a physicist working at LANL and that his number was in the phonebook there, and that George Knapp went with Bob into LANL and introduced him to his coworkers there and that he clearly knew his way around and what was going on there.
They're often unfamiliar with the fact that he knew of a location called S-4 that was confirmed to exist by Nellis Air Force Base, as well as the existence of the OFI and one of their agents.
And they ignore that he took many people up on Wednesday nights to see flying saucer test flights at Area 51.

For the same reason almost no one can handle an alternative theory say as judy wood uses for 9/11.

All sides are conditioned to believe they must latch onto something for dear life.

Because of fear, they ultimately close themselves off to possible realities that may be true.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I do not care who tells the truth or not. All i am saying is that there is a whole lot of bs in the aviation industry regarding current tech. We are all taken for a big fat ride. Do not tell me that the best tech we had like the sr71 was never beat. That we still today do not have faster planes better planes. I believe even things like the f22and f35 is smoke screens. I believe that the reason why the government seems to be not interesting to go to the moon or replace the space shuttle in any hurry is because they have the abbility and means for space planes and that they regularly goes to the moon with that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I do not care who tells the truth or not. All i am saying is that there is a whole lot of bs in the aviation industry regarding current tech. We are all taken for a big fat ride. Do not tell me that the best tech we had like the sr71 was never beat. That we still today do not have faster planes better planes. I believe even things like the f22and f35 is smoke screens. I believe that the reason why the government seems to be not interesting to go to the moon or replace the space shuttle in any hurry is because they have the abbility and means for space planes and that they regularly goes to the moon with that.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for probably the best post in this thread. I agree with some of your points, I don't see the government just handing him alien tech, it's compartmentalized to the hilt.

Well if you would actually listen to an interview with Bob, you would know Bob has already stated this and describes how the project was managed.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

If Lazar knows nothing of physics like you say then how is it possible for him to build a particle accelerator in his backyard?

There's nothing impressive about building a particle accelerator. In fact, one is pointed at your face right now as you read this.

Calling Lazar a physicist based only on a supposed particle accelerator he built is equivalent to calling a basement dweller a computer engineer for putting together a gaming laptop.

Originally posted by VoidWalker
reply to post by Diablos

You yourself just posted that it is just a gravitational " theory" I am not say Bob Lazaar is right or wrong, but most of out physics based science is formulated off of just theories that people have come together to make. Bob could sound dumb to people if hes speaking above and beyond what the "normal theories a physicist would follow."

I don't think you understand the scientific meaning of the word, "theory". In science, there is no meaningful distinction between theories and laws.

Have you read the article I posted? There would be nothing wrong with claiming our current understanding of physics is wrong so long as one offers an alternative model. Lazar does no such thing and when referring to his exotic physics, he never states how it is inconsistent with our current laws of physics nor does offer any way of reconciling them, which can only allude to the fact that he is ignorant of the current physics.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
Wasn't there a court case involving United Nuclear and the court got all his work details
right the way back exposing him as a fraud.
Also Element 115 decays so rapidly how would they make it stable?
Limbo

Even Bob says Element 115 is not stable. These questions are answered in the interview.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt that he was employed there, he would have been employed due to his ability to actually build things. I know many scientists who can't do what Bob has done.
Propulsion R&D is not just made up of physicists, they employ people with many different skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

So let me get his straight...

The aliens gave us 500 pounds of element 115, but made us reverse engineer a spaceship? What's wrong with that picture?

edit on 2-7-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

You'd think they would send also down the instruction manuals, spare parts, manufacturing processes, and maybe a few onsite field engineers

That's like towing a wrecked car to your driveway, dumping a lump of steel on the sidewalk and telling you to make your own engine block.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Bob Lazar loses every time he opens his mouth to talk about Physics. He stays out of the limelight these days because surely, he's embarrassed at some of the fallacies and inconsistencies in what he said in the past. The guy was an electric engineer out of some rinky-dink community college who tried to strike gold by making up stories about his time at Los Alamos.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt
Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt that he was employed there, he would have been employed due to his ability to actually build things. I know many scientists who can't do what Bob has done.
Propulsion R&D is not just made up of physicists, they employ people with many different skills.

He's a tech, not a physicist.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by Bone75

So let me get his straight...

The aliens gave us 500 pounds of element 115, but made us reverse engineer a spaceship? What's wrong with that picture?

edit on 2-7-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

You'd think they would send also down the instruction manuals, spare parts, manufacturing processes, and maybe a few onsite field engineers

That's like towing a wrecked car to your driveway, dumping a lump of steel on the sidewalk and telling you to make your own engine block.

Well you never know the situation. It's like a guy getting stuck with his F-150 somewhere in 17th century England. He can give them a tank full of Diesel and show them the truck, but maybe he doesn't really know that much about the details of combustion engineering, much less the manufacturing processes to build a modern engine and ignition system. He knows roughly what parts there are but can't really identify the function of every widget and wire.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Anyways what you think about Bob Lazar ?

I think Lazar spins a good yarn but the stories he tells are full of holes and he ranks low on the credibility scale .
There is a possibility that he is/was an asset for certain agencies but that's just speculation on my part .

We do know that he worked at Area 51 and at Los Alamos though. You have to be pretty bright and know something to work in both of those places. George Knapp was also able to verify and watch test flights which Lazar said were going to happen. Sure there are holes but...the truth is certainly intriguing. How did he get jobs at both places? That's the real question. Next is, what did he do there?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakehuman
In Lazar's first interview he talked about Element 115. Fifteen years later in 2004 scientific breakthrough, however, provides significant credibility to Bob Lazar’s claims rather than discrediting his claims, when scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, in collaboration with researchers from the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Russia (JINR), announced that they discovered two new super-heavy elements, Element 113 and Element 115. The Isotope of Element 115, produced by bombarding an Americium-243 (95Am243) nucleus with a Calcium-48 (20Ca48) nucleus, rapidly decayed to Element 113. then continued to decay until a meta-stable isotope was obtained.

Nice linking those together, it must be a conspiracy.

Anybody who doesn't think Lazar is legit, why do you think he locked his website and went back to work for the government at one point? He doesn't now but you don't just come out about all that then take it back and go right again to the inside.

But the Lazar story still has a twist that isn't understood. Both Lazar and Lear where plants by the government. So yes the story was partially true but it was an inside operation to begin with. Lear went on to disinfo and Lazar went his own way.

edit on 3-7-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
What the hell is wrong with the idiots on this thread?

Everytime someone talks about any sort of scientist with ties to ufos in any way they yell, "FRAUD" or "GATEKEEPER" with no proof or anything to back up their statements about lack of credibility.

It's all just stating opinion as fact in a one sentence post with you people!

You mean like referring to Bob Lazar as a "scientist"?

You fit right into what I was saying like a puzzle piece.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

He's a tech, not a physicist.

Where did I say he was a physicist?
I was actually implying he is a tech

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join