It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to simply dislike homosexual behavior without being labeled a homophobe?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If you're just grossed out by anal sex, you're a homophobe according to the modern world.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

If your profile pic is right, I'd cater to anything you want.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
If you're just grossed out by anal sex, you're a homophobe according to the modern world.

that hyperbolic statement would be true if it was the same response to Straight people who engaged in Anal sex,

Gay does not = Anal Sex

if one was to claim that 'Anal Sex' was wrong and unnatural, that would be a completely different thing than saying 'Gays are unnatural because they engage in anal sex' because not all homosexuals do

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

First of all, I feel exactly the same way as the OP. I simply do not care what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but I do personally find the practices of MALE* homosexuality, erm, disgusting. And yes, I feel that lately homosexuality is being rammed down our throats by the social tinkerers who think they’re smarter than the rest of us.

15 years ago I was in graduate school studying psychology. As recently as then, homosexuality was still listed as a “deviance” in the DSM. And of course, that’s exactly what it is. It’s a “deviance” because if it were the norm, the human race would die out.

So guess what – that makes me a homophobe.

Whatever…

But then again, the fact that I like girls makes me a homophobe, right? Since I in no way value homosexuality, couldn’t care less that people are engaging in it (unless they’re doing it in front of me in which case I would care greatly), and find the acts thereof disgusting, I’m a homophobe.

That’s why I’m a “racist” too. I prefer my own race, love the fact that I am the race I am, and for the most part don’t find females of different races as attractive as females of my own. I don’t dislike any race, don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it, and think active racists are idiots, but I do love my own race, and am therefore “racist”.

So I’ve resigned myself to being a homophobic racist and I’m alright with that. These terms are thrown around so casually these days they’ve lost their sting as far as I’m concerned.

All of which makes me a “bigot”, of course…

*[Lesbian acts don’t bother me.]

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I can't wait until conspiracy theorists can come out

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You're arguing the exception, not the rule. You ask ten thousand gay men if they have anal sex and you could count the NOs on one hand.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Take an average, politically-moderate person to a "gay-pride" parade, and then ask them their opinion.

I am not gay. I know a few people who are gay. They've told me to never attend a "gay-pride" parade. Why would these gay fellows say this? Why would they be ashamed?

I don't have anything against gay people. Most of gay men go out of their way to be nice to me, and I treat them with the respect they deserve. They are human beings, and a product of creation. I do snicker (as I am a supra-macho man) when I see them frolicking around in capri pants, or completely dressed like a woman, but... hey... everyone has they're P.O.V. and lives a life they feel is most comfortable for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Why do you refer to their behavior as "homosexual"? Were they engaging in same-sex sexual activity in line at the theater?

If it was simply their obnoxious behavior that was annoying, then write a post about disliking obnoxious people in general and leave "the gays" out of it.

The fact that you generalized in your thread title and lumped your perception of ALL homosexuals based on the behavior displayed in these few individuals may be at the root of why you "dislike" gays.

Many times I have been subjected to hyper masculine men outwardly displaying their macho vibrato in public. Carrying on about the latest sports highlights or their favorite players or some conquest while "posturing" to look and sound tough.

Would it be fair of me to presume ALL men who act this way are straight identified? No.

Would it be fair of me to judge ALL heterosexuals based on how a handful of foolish "dudes" act in public? No.

Can you even imagine the absurdity of trying to defend a post where the tables were turned? Well, that's how you sound in your OP. To even pose the question you are posing shows you have a very narrow understanding of human behavior.

If you broaden your understanding of why people do what they do, you may find you can achieve a higher level of acceptance than you first thought.

- Peace
edit on 1-7-2013 by archetype_one

edit on 1-7-2013 by archetype_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by archetype_one

You might have a point if I was wrong. I wasn't.

I described the situation as I saw it and judging by the vast majority of responses, was able to communicate what I intended successfully. Perhaps if you broadened your own scope and worried less about semantics, the knowledge you mention could free you as well.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The fact they were actually gay has little to do with their behavior. Your OP implies that you think all gays act this way, because you refer to their behavior as 'homosexual' when in fact they were not engaging in any type of homosexual activity.

The reality is that you encountered a few gay identified guys, who happened to be obnoxious and you decided to teeter on 'disliking' an entire segment of the population based on that one experience.

Yes, that makes you a homophobe, to answer your question more directly.

- Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
reply to post by archetype_one

You might have a point if I was wrong. I wasn't.

I described the situation as I saw it and judging by the vast majority of responses, was able to communicate what I intended successfully. Perhaps if you broadened your own scope and worried less about semantics, the knowledge you mention could free you as well.

Peace.

You know he really has a point, how dare you identify them as gay just for simply acting gay. As i straight man i dress up like a woman and make jokes about having sex with men ALL the time. And who do you think you are? What gives you the right to not like people huh? What makes you so special that you think its okay in your little head to choose who you like by how they act? Shame on you, the fact of the matter is; if you don't preface what you say with "i have a gay friend/family member" or if you have not had sex with a man yourself you are basically a small minded homophobe.

On a side note...i don't like black people who break into my house, am i a racist?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Really? YES! That would make you a racist!

The correct answer is 'I don't like PEOPLE who break into my house' Just because a black person breaks into your house (or even a dozen black people break into your house) does not mean ALL black people are thieves and want to break into your house!

I give up. This level of ignorance can't be reasoned with. You people try not to hurt yourselves.

Good night.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by archetype_one

The correct answer is 'I don't like PEOPLE who break into my house' Just because a black person breaks into your house (or even a dozen black people break into your house) does not mean ALL black people are thieves and want to break into your house!

I give up. This level of ignorance can't be reasoned with. You people try not to hurt yourselves.

Good night.

Who are you to be saying what is right or wrong?!

Superhans is a HUMAN BEING ( I think) how dare you judge!

Wow the bigotry of this post blows my mind!

EDIT
I should also add that I have no idea how archtype_one came to the conclusion that all black people are thieves, I happen to strongly disagree with their views.
edit on 2-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You're arguing the exception, not the rule. You ask ten thousand gay men if they have anal sex and you could count the NOs on one hand.

regardless, to say anal sex disgust you has nothing to do with 'Homosexuality' because straight people engage in it too,

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

My statement was in response to SUPERHANS' racist generalization. I do not make sweeping assumptions about any segment of the population based on the actions of a few.
edit on 2-7-2013 by archetype_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

My statement was in response to SUPERHANS' racist generalization. I do not make sweeping assumptions about any segment of the population based on the actions of a few.

Racist . . .

Descriptive . . .

What's the difference?

EDIT
LoL why did you edit your post to remove the claims of a violation of T&C's?
edit on 2-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Why would that be racist? You realize that you are not some celebrity and this is not TV, you don't have to act crazy with the PC stuff. You are just posting stupid now and you are taking what i said and making up something else. I never said that all black people are thieves, you said that because you are mentally inferior to me. Not all black people are thieves, just the one's who break into my house and steal my stuff. You have been so indoctrinated with equality and political correctness BS that you just spew it out even when it does not make sense. I hope you realize that your response made zero sense as a response to what i posted and yes you took political correctness to that retarded level that people joke about, i got you to call me racist for saying i don't like black people that break into my house and steal my stuff. *bow* thank you

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

How was that a racist generalization? The dude was black, he broke into my house and i didn't care for him. ZERO assumptions, i saw it with my own eyes. And yes i judged a segment of the population by the actions of a few. In this case i assumed that all black men that break into my house and steal stuff are thieves.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus
No its absolutely NOT possible.

You will be hunted down by the gay community as they try to convince you to like them OR at least understand and accept them, OR just maybe they will say how screwed up you are not liking them - they are like a raging band of mosqitoes at your BBQ.

for some odd reason its OK to be gay, but NOT OK to dislike them

I am like you also BORN to dislike gays

edit on 30-6-2013 by Minus because: i can

I'm sorry but this is just straight ignorance. I don't know what dimension you come from but I have never heard of people being hunted by the gay community, or trying to convince you to like them or understanding and accepting them. Its about rights not gay people taking over the world and pushing their lifestyle on you. I strongly dislike bigots and racists doesn't mean I believe they should not be able to marry or be treated as second class citizens. At this point I don't know if this is trolling or seriousness.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It's probably more the stereotype of gay's that you don't like. But there does seem to be double standards applied where straight people aren't allowed to make gay stereotypes, but gay people can act to those stereotypes.

I think the group you mentioned were just attention seekers, putting on an over the type performance and doing nothing but contributing to the stereotypes. I personally believe that the people who carry on this way have done just as much damage to the gay community as any homophobe has !

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join