It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because it was (hint-Should Read Out Loud To Yourself)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm so terribly sorry, do you remember when me and you used to go out with my friends and you thought it was so silly I would drink pumpkin ale beer with you at the bowling alley
I can't even help but not to have such a memory as good times with you even the hockey games and Hershey park, kayaking in Susquehanna valley
Do you remember I said I loved you and won you that monkey, yeah the black and tan one on BB alley, remember the photo on the wild cat I kissed you and said I loved you?
I really meant it until you left me when I was gone away in Iraq, you left me so vulnerable and you left me alone I remember that last call, on borrowed time on a satellite phone on top of a humvee desert and all
2008 I asked for your hand we walked on the beach I presented a shell band told you we would find something better but you said it was perfect
the next year and a half was defunct and neglected
hated myself
covered in sand
my Cammies were white salted and blande
I came home and you faced me in my mitsubishi eclipse you said you were sorry
I told you your missed
you left me alone and again did I plead I forgave you that day
you said you were free
you said I hurt you by going away you retaliated by moving and wont talk to me again
Im so sorry Jess I met you that day

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
All my brothers that fought in afghanastan or Iraq as 0311s in the beginning that lost a girl to the war theirs always another man to take your place when your away made me sad, made me stronger fortuna favet fortibus

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sad story/poem. I think ATS might have messed up the formatting a bit, but I read it in my head and got it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't think its a format problem, been involved in an art project working with a ww2 vet made me think of my experience in Iraq made me remember what I lost when i went away I actually just wrote that I appreciate you reading it though

actually as an adult it is telling on how tragic warfare really is, to be honest it is terribly sad
edit on 30-6-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I like it man, you done good. If she couldn't wait, she wan't the one and all the other platitudes you've probably heard way too often. Yeah, there are more fish in the sea, but that doesn't really help with the one that got away.

I have a feeling you'll hook a good one in the future, and while every once in awhile you'll have those bittersweet memories you'll be glad you got a chance to cast again.

I don't really know why I'm throwing out fishing references. Best of luck in the future.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The story/poem is about a girl I met in college after I was done being in the marine infantry, she was studying to be a teacher but majoring in child development i was studying at first in international affairs and then later changed to criminal justice with a focus in legal studies at this point i already did 3 tours my 4 years were up, I promised I wasnt going back, well they recalled me, even before she used to tell me when id talk to my buddies (some of the last times I talked to them) that I dont want to be here id rather be there I never wanted to go back I got recalled she couldnt understand that I had an 8 yr obligation she said I chose to do this ended up with one of my buddies. I reflect upon this because I am studying something else in another war from some time ago, it draws deep emotions I guess it took these guys time from ww2 to become rock solid to not think of these things those in the infantry I really dont know what to say about it all other then looking at those guys and reflecting on my experience it is very terrible I almost think the burden of warfighters is this sadness because I know I carry it with me so I wrote about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Very sad story mate, and one I imagine quite a few war veterans will experience. Guess the moral of the story is make love not war. And remember there's always someone else just around the corner.

edit on 30-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I dont think there is a real moral to be honest im not really sure what to say about that

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

There is always a moral mate, good or bad the point is that we learn from our experiences and move on.
edit on 30-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I guess Im still trying to understand but that is certainly solid what you said bro

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Good to see you taking something that caused you pain and creating with it. I think doing that with some of your experiences with the war could help me at least, understand it better. You have a talent, keep using it.

We love who we love. Sometimes that is painful beyond words.

Thank you for your service.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That was good and yes sad. We all go through certain things in life and I really think it is to makes us stronger inside. I appreciate you sharing this with us.
peace to you friend

~nat

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

IDK like I said before I never really set out to write most of the times my emotions and thoughts are always so chaotic and even reflecting on times especially stressful and the bad ones become ever so difficult to sort out so writing them as they come out in a sense puts me at ease because I can look at them tangibly and reflect on something solid thank you for reading!

join