It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden said What about the NSA?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by AlienView

but what if (hypothetically speaking of course) the same government that is spying on you is also controlling, funding and training the very terrorists that you are worried about, the very terrorists that they are supposedly protecting you from by spying on you?? But I'm sure something like that could never happen here in America... right?

Hypothetically speaking? Sure this is possible. But then you have nothing to worry about the game is over. Go out and party while you can. And don't let them know that you are a complainer as you will be put on a list and first chance they get you will be fried! See where I'm going with this; I love good conspiracy theories, spent years reading books on the subject and used to love hearing the late [killed in a shoot-out with police] William "Bill" Cooper ranting and raving on international shortwave radio about the government racketeers who are all working tor the Freemasons and he dated the conspiracy back to Ancient Egypt! Fascinating stuff. Is it possible that this is true? Or that David Icke is correct and it is all controlled by Reptilian bankers controlled by Rothchild Zionists? The problem with all these conspiracies [there are many more] is that bits and pieces of evidence are put together to prove their hypothesis but no proof exists. Oh, and don't forget about the very contemporary Alex Jones who like Bill Cooper says the're all racketeers but it is the Bildebergers, not the Masons, who are the Boogeymen. But then after you read all this you have to think maybe the conspiracies are partly true and we just need a grand conspiracy to sum it up. Forget it - if they are true we're all doomed anyway and your best bet is to play dumb and go about your life in blissful ignorance. But you see something else is also possible. Maybe these conspiracies are nothing more than clever delusions. Maybe, just maybe, people who work for government are acting in good faith and with goodwill but are simply overreaching in their objectives. Maybe the NSA really believes in the US and the US Constitution and is simply acting with too much ambition [bureaucrats like anyone else can be overly ambitions]; Maybe, just maybe, Al Quida is real, really hate Americana and wants to destroy the Republic of the Uniited States and all of Western Civilization. But of course maybe you are right and I'm being delusional for excepting events without seeing conspiracies behind all events..

Well then I guess it's party time considering Obama has been funding, training and supporting Al CIAda in Libya and Syria, but then I have to get a cavity search at the airport to look for those same terrorists.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Let me get back to Edward Snowden. What did he expose and is he credible? Supposedly he has the evidence showing the NSA overreaching its authority.
The problem is it is stolen evidence pilfered from his employers and violates a contractual agreement he had with
the company employing him and the US Government. And what does this stolen evidence show that was almost in the realm of common knowledge - Government is spying for the protection of the people and overreaching so that many people feel mistrust in the government itself and its objectives. Is this significant? Probably but it is nothing new.
And while you say it proves that government has gotten out of hand, others might say it proves the incompetence
of government to trust classified material into the hands of someone who probably has significant mental problems.
If I was Snowden I would turn myself in and claim 'temporary insanity' - And you know if he was an honorable person
he could have quit his job first and then turned 'whistle blower' - somehow I don't trust people who steal from their employers just so they can have a moment of fame in the media.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Watch the two videos contained in this link. It will give you perspective that you currently lack. Stop sucking up everything the MSM is feeding you.

link

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Watch the two videos contained in this link. It will give you perspective that you currently lack. Stop sucking up everything the MSM is feeding you.

link

Even if you give him a pass on all of the information he leaked regarding the NSA snooping inside of the US, there was still other information that was leaked that lands him in a hell of a lot of hot water. Is he guilty of treason? Tough call, but I dont believe so. Is he guilty of breaking the law? Absolutely.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
Let me get back to Edward Snowden. What did he expose and is he credible? Supposedly he has the evidence showing the NSA overreaching its authority.
The problem is it is stolen evidence pilfered from his employers and violates a contractual agreement he had with
the company employing him and the US Government. And what does this stolen evidence show that was almost in the realm of common knowledge - Government is spying for the protection of the people and overreaching so that many people feel mistrust in the government itself and its objectives. Is this significant? Probably but it is nothing new.
And while you say it proves that government has gotten out of hand, others might say it proves the incompetence
of government to trust classified material into the hands of someone who probably has significant mental problems.
If I was Snowden I would turn myself in and claim 'temporary insanity' - And you know if he was an honorable person
he could have quit his job first and then turned 'whistle blower' - somehow I don't trust people who steal from their employers just so they can have a moment of fame in the media.

Excellent points AlienView. Unfortunately it is going over everyone's head. Hero or criminal spy? - neither; I think
Snowden is a guy who has mental problems.

edit on 29-6-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join