It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANKS!! There should be more Sidewalk Chalkings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
As I was rolling through a few ATS threads I came across a thread about a gentlemen that drew a message to a bank in sidewalk chalk if you haven't read it go Here This man is facing 13 years and restitution for writing on the sidewalk of a bank. I was infuriated when I read the post.

Not because of the of the possible sentence. But because of how our country ignores our banking system as a whole. Banks are about as crooked as any company the planet.

So I decided to vent a bit. At the same time bring up facts about most banks that most really either don't pay attention to or just except the meal that banks like to serve.

I will post a few articles and a few scenarios that in my opinion make most people lose their minds.

Bankers no longer keep track of your money software does. This software is designed to do certain things under certain conditions. For example. If you overdraft your account they will "flip" the first over draft from biggest to smallest. Forcing your account to cause a "chain reaction" to maximize their overdraft fee's. So instead of overdrafting one charge you over draft for multiple overdraft fee's.

Another neat thing banking software will do. Is calculate your spending habits. Deposits, withdraws and transactions. With this information bank software will begin to manipulate charging information on your online account. For example: If your paycheck deposit gets dumped in every other week and your low in your account before you get paid. Charges will begin to disappear giving the appearance that you have more money than you do. With the intent of allowing you to spend money you do not have. So if you have ten dollars in the bank and you are not an account watcher the software will pull a charge to give the illusion that you have more than what you do. So you go and grab a two dollar starbucks. The next day there comes the overdraft. (I have screenshots of this from my bank caught me with my pants down)

The my bank your bank scam.

Banks have a more accurate record of your account then your online banking does. This is by design. The information on your online account is as accurate as the bank wants you think. Why? Banks know that most people these days would rather let a computer balance their account then a ledger. This is the age of technology of course we think like that. And that's what they want you to think. Why do you think they give you online banking. A personal Example. I have gotten gas on my bank card. Gas station batched their transactions. Which means that instead of charging you immediately they hold the charges and push a day or two of transactions through at once. In your online banking they mark it with a dollar. Right before the transaction is about to go through they pull the 1.00 marker to cause an overdraft yet again. My bank showed my gas charge as being charge two days into the future. Bought gas on the 24th and my online banking showed the purchase on the 28th which was two days away.

Almost everything else that's charged on credit these days will publish to your online account immediately. However banks will also manipulate the dates of transactions to suit their scamming. I can in my account purchase lets say a soda from a local store. It will post to my account immediately. However if I wait a day or two this will change to a different day then when I purchased the item. This does not happen on every transaction only when I get down to about 50.00 or so. If I have a thousand or so in my account for some odd reason this never happens. Only when the account gets low on funds. It seems it's a game the Banks like to play.

Banking software does this by design. The banking systems are ran by software algorithms that can and will manipulate how you see your account. What you see and what banks see are completely different. I wonder why?

That however isn't my reason for this rant. My reasoning behind this is much, much bigger.

Banks control everything. If you follow the money you will find the truth.

Imagine for a second if banks decided not to let anyone have their money. If they decided to call back your loan, on your house, your business or anything that's attached to a bank. Think about this for a second. How many big businesses are in the black. Not many. There is a reason for "black friday" If you think for one second that your local grocery store isn't sitting on some kind of loan. Your dead wrong. Your local farmers yep I'm pretty sure they have a few. Imagine if the banks called back all of their money. Does The Great Depression ring a bell! It should. Control the money Control the people. Our awesome politicians are controlled by money. Have you ever met a poor politician? I know I haven't. I wonder?

I could go on. But as I have read here so many times. Were are your facts? What proof do you have? Do I really need any? I'm sure everyone in this thread has been a victim of a bank. Below are my facts.

overdraft fees

complaints

Cute cartoon but true. And truthful.

Do you find it funny that it's harder and harder to get a check from the Gov or from a job. Hell most employers will require you to have direct deposit. Most Gov agencies now require you to either A: Except only direct deposit or get a payment by way of a debit card (for a fee of course). Social security checks and child support payments included. To control your money. Yes the banks and the Gov can seize a bank account for any reason. What will you do about it. Nothing.

I don't know how many times I have heard the expression. Follow the money find the truth. This is no exception.

MandT bank last year made 32 Billion. That's right Billion with a "B". Can you guess how they made it? Over draft fee's. That's just overdraft fee's. That's 842105263 people with a fee of the 38.00 a piece.

So be smart keep a ledger and screen shot your online account often. This is my rant. As fragmented as it is. Our banks are thieves.

One final note:

So why are we always talking about a revolution against the Gov. Maybe what we need is a few buckets of chalk and a few kind words for our banking system. I suppose we would all get a pending sentence for a some sidewalk chalk and the freedom of speech.

Grab some chalk and start a revolution. I say that this is a great revolution. Speak your mind with a piece of chalk in front of every business that has taken any of your hard earned money. Who needs a lawyer when you have a gang of chalk writing superheroes. I say CHALK ON MY FRIENDS!! CHALK ON!!

edit on 28-6-2013 by bftroop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

You clearly did not read much of that post. If you did you would notice that the man was asked to stop.

He refused. He wrote in chalk 2-3 times a week, for 6 months straight, by his own admission.

He is facing 13 counts of vandalism. By the man's own admission he vandalized the property over 60 times.

Each count has a MAXIMUM of 1 year in jail, so 13 counts is 13 years max. Never is it stated anyone is asking for the max, or even asking for any jail time.

He broke the law, and should face the penalty. If a bank breaks the law, they should too.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
so vandalism with chalk? Vandalism? I didn't seem him destroy anything? Defacing property well if chalk cost money to remove I suppose you would be correct. A good rain and all is well. This is not about the chalk. It's about a message.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

He broke the law, and should face the penalty. If a bank breaks the law, they should too.

Yeh they should but they DONT!!!
You get the point now!!! what is the motivating factors for the rise of the baron banker chalker.
You should try breaking a rule in your life I think it will be good for your character development.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
so vandalism with chalk? Vandalism? I didn't seem him destroy anything?

What you appear to be saying is that you'd be perfeclty ok with an upset neighbor chalking graffiti on your own house 2 - 3 times a week for 6 months straight?

Or is it only vandalism when it happens to you, and perfectly alright when it happens to somebody you dont like?

Because when I was brought up, I was led to believe that the rule of law should apply to all people equally.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
so vandalism with chalk? Vandalism? I didn't seem him destroy anything? Defacing property well if chalk cost money to remove I suppose you would be correct. A good rain and all is well. This is not about the chalk. It's about a message.

So can I come to your house and write your mother is a slut and ring the doorbell for a good time in chalk all over your house? Just wait till the rain washes it off .. but I'll be back when it does. That's cool right? It's just chalk. What's that? It's only ok when it happens to someone you don't like? There's a term for someone like you ....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Sure as long as your not trespassing. Maybe that's what the charge should have been for trespassing.

new topics

top topics

join