It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 Preview Video: see the big changes coming soon to ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Cant wait to check it out looks cool although I think im going to miss the ATS Neon green everywhere

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I'm with you on that. White kills my eyes and when I think of ATS I think of a dark themed forum... it's matches the ATS brand and sets it apart from other forums. To change all that now is really a bad move imo. And honestly I think the current theme looks better than that white theme. It's clean and user friendly, sure... but it lacks style and originality. I wouldn't mind using this theme as the alternative to the white theme.

I understand why the update is necessary, and for mobile users, I can see the new look being more sensible from the point of veiw of scrolling through the menus and so on, when using mobile apps. But I also hope that it will be familiar enough that I dont end up lost when it comes time to navigate it in the traditional sense lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I love it.

It’s just going to make our community that much more awesome.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

And yes -- a dark version of the UI will be available, but not finished until the entire site is complete.

Thank goodness because that was the main reason I was so comfortable here. Having dark is really easy on my eyes and I loathe bright websites for that very reason, it blinds me. Especially when I first wake up and my eyes are very sensitive.

I am willing to be patient and thanks for addressing this issue first thing.
That's all I was really worried about.

Can't wait to see how it all works when you guys finish up!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I must be honest, I really can't stand the white background. Looks like another one of the millions of tabloid websites out there. Maybe that's the point, but it's not for me.

It's lost the mysterious feel.

I wonder how long I'll put up with it before I can't bear to log in?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I don't know much about this or what exactly you folks are doing to update the website, maybe I should research into it more but I rather do like waiting and being surprised by the full layout.

However my question is:

How difficult would it be to implement customization options for everything?
Picking colors of text like keeping the green font that the website currently uses?

I don't know maybe you are already looking into it and I am just ignorant and not paying attention haha?

If you haven't yet though, it is an idea worth considering possibly I hope. Just customization capability for whatever they can be implemented for with a wide range of options.
edit on 24-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I must be honest, I really can't stand the white background. Looks like another one of the millions of tabloid websites out there. Maybe that's the point, but it's not for me.

It's lost the mysterious feel.

I wonder how long I'll put up with it before I can't bear to log in?

They said we will have the option for keeping dark background.
So thankfully they are not forgetting about us.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I like the renewals so far but white...? I always liked the metal look of this site, because it's more mysterious, and easy for the eyes to look at.Well whatever if the experience stays the same I will get used to it I guess..

Oh and if it's PRISM Free I sign for it!
edit on 24-6-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

nerbot
I must be honest, I really can't stand the white background.

I've been using the new site almost exclusively for two weeks now.

It's not white-white. The dominant color is a warm off-white, which is ideal for a broad range of ambient light conditions. Now that I'm used to it, it's hard for me to go back to the current site -- which I designed a few years back!

But switching between the two options of light/dark will be easy (a persistent link in the main menu)... and I assure you that you'll prefer the light version if you're in a bright ambient light setting... and dark will likely be best if your ambient light is low.

Another important aspect of the design is efficiency. The total page "weight" (file size) is several magnitudes less as (so far) there are only 3 images used throughout the entire site. Less assets per page means much faster-loading pages.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is this new update the reason my messages are messing up?

When I click on a pm message, sometimes it goes blank. Then I have to message the person saying I didn't get their message. Just wondering. I am on an iPad.

It's not a real prob, just a tad annoying. But when laptop arrives at night time. I can read all my messages without any problems.

I think the new look looks neat

-nat cat-
edit on 24-6-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Please, for the love of God.... Keep ATS color code... This looks blindingly awful.
----

perhaps a "Classic ATS" option?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

ThinkingCap
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

It's been mentioned in previous threads about the redesign, that it's in the process of breaking.

Our "chrome" or font-end is essentially 4 years old, and not in compliance with contemporary web standards and modern web browsers. Not to mention it's difficult to use on mobile devices.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I love it...it's going to be great....I think easier to navigate.....modern, clean look.......ATS has come a long way.
And, once it live and with the dark look ....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, many, many thanks for S.O. for all his hard work to update ATS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The total page "weight" (file size) is several magnitudes less as (so far) there are only 3 images used throughout the entire site. Less assets per page means much faster-loading pages.

AWESOME!!!!!!

I had been meaning to ask that question

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

hmmm...nice new features....though it looks way too much like it was designed by apple...

i hope you're planning to have a dark theme, for those of us who don't wanna go blind from how bright the new design is.

oh, and the preview could have benefited from some dubstep

on the real, aside from how bloody BRIGHT it is, and it looking so much like an apple program, i'm liking what i see.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Looks great SO....really like the "forever scroll" feature!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I like it! It looks like a cleaner look and I like that all the recent posts will be shown in one scroll. I'm sure it will take a little time to get used to, but change is good.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm digging the new format! I'll likely switch to the dark theme, though...it seems more appropriate given the topics discussed there. I want to throw my hat in the "Keep the color code" ring too, it makes finding topics that interest me quick and easy.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Skep, I love everything but the white, it killed my eyes. The darker colors with green is what originally lured me back to ATS again and again even when I just lurked here for years. It had a strange feel to it which fits this place. Looking forward to the Darker option.

With that being said everything else looks very nice. Having created and ran my own website in the past I understand how difficult it is to accomplish what you have done. I can only imagine the hours that you good folks put into this. Nice job my friend. ~$heopleNation

edit on 24-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"Forever scroll" heck ya. Other very interesting additions, too. Will it be as engaging? Time will tell. I have my gripes with ATS here and there...but the design features have always been--imo--some of the absolute best on the internet.

The search though, Bill...what's up with that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join