It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director admits domestic use of drones for surveillance

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

How in the world am I free when I can't go to the airport the way I used to and fly like a normal average American citizen, born and raised on this very soil? No, I have to allow some stranger to touch my body, OR, I can walk through a body scanner and get radiated. My ONLY free choice here is to NOT fly. How is that freedom?

How is it freedom when you are being spied on and monitored? You realize that every single person on this site has or will be monitored at some point?

How am I free when I say I don't want the extra $180.00 pulled out of my pay checks each month against my will for Obama's health care? How am I free, if I am mandated to find a way to pay my health insurance plan even if I can't afford to, now that the money has been pulled out of my check to support someone else's health care?

You know, if I can't buy car insurance, I walk, take a cab, or bus. I have ZERO free choice here, when it comes to my missing money now out of my pay checks. I have no choice with Obama care, cause I'll get fined if I don't comply.

Freedom? Really?

How about the ability to own a cell phone and talk on that phone to my mother, friends, or whoever, freely, without NSA tracking what I do?

I don't care about other countries right now! I care about MY country and the huge freakin mess we are in. We need to get out of other people's affairs and start paying attention to our own. We have BIG problems here! And I guarantee that this is the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Well I think we all figured this was happening.

Question for you guys. How does the difference between using drones and helicopters or even a telephoto lens differ in your mind? Drone use for surveillance doesn't really bother me more than any other type of snooping but it seems people are far more upset about it. I'm certainly open to having my opinion changed. Is it the fear they could be armed?

Well, it bothers me. Because this is my country, I was born and raised here. I'm an American and I've committed no crimes that would induce any authority to have need to surveillance my activities. Many people, for many years have been screaming that this was coming, and I laughed! I laughed at them and said they were nuts. Well, here we are and it seems that the crazy people were right on target. If they are right about the fema camps, God help us.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Asked by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California) to elaborate, Mueller added, “It’s very seldom used and generally used in a particular incident where you need the capability.” Earlier in the morning, however, Mueller said that the agency was only now working to establish set rule for the drone program.

So what that means is, when they feel it necessary to spy on us they will in a hear beat.

The drone program should have had a set of rules in place a long time ago to prevent just this kind of thing from happening.
Because we all know that the government agents always follow the rules, right?

RIGHT?!?

For the love of our once great nation, UNITE and stop these atrocities from happening to us.
March on Washington, march on your state capital, DEMAND a permanent end to drone use spying and data basing of the American People!
All I can say is it's payback time, and not a moment too soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
If they are right about the fema camps, God help us.

You mean these fema camps?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ever see the episode of on fema camps from jesse venturas show

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, I mean, what can one say. . .as technology evolves, it's always going to be used in both positive and apparently negative ways.

I could not care less about the drones, however, it's when they're used illegally or even immorally, and we all know that they are, that I have a problem.

Einstein said essentially that humanity will never surpass technology, meaning that even "positive" technology will be used for "other" purposes. So, it's just inevitable. . .or is it?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
America is a corporate dictatorship and we are under a tyrannical corporate rule, is just that Americans are brainwashed that is all for the good of the nation, the littler children and against the terrorist.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

If you measure your freedom on those items...I feel sorry for you.

How in the world am I free when I can't go to the airport the way I used to and fly like a normal average American citizen, born and raised on this very soil? No, I have to allow some stranger to touch my body, OR, I can walk through a body scanner and get radiated. My ONLY free choice here is to NOT fly. How is that freedom?

This is the new normal - it will be all your kids know. The way I used to fly was smoking or non-smoking + bag of nuts + free NA beverage service on all flights + hotties in skirts + etc. You think you are pissed about airline changes - you don't have a leg to stand on. The radiation you get on international flights is something to be fearful of, not a body scanner. At least your income will allow you to fly - try taking a 12hr bus ride because you can't afford to fly.

How is it freedom when you are being spied on and monitored? You realize that every single person on this site has or will be monitored at some point?

The govt has always spied on people. Nothing's new other than the fact it is easier for them now - everyone has email that the govt can access. They can get years of info with just one click. In the past with snail mail, it took time.

How am I free when I say I don't want the extra $180.00 pulled out of my pay checks each month against my will for Obama's health care? How am I free, if I am mandated to find a way to pay my health insurance plan even if I can't afford to, now that the money has been pulled out of my check to support someone else's health care?
You know, if I can't buy car insurance, I walk, take a cab, or bus. I have ZERO free choice here, when it comes to my missing money now out of my pay checks. I have no choice with Obama care, cause I'll get fined if I don't comply.

People voted for change - Ta-DA! Welcome to the new health care tax. Congress also voted in favor of it. This is what we call a democracy - you vote those in power now into that power. Majority vote will rule - that is freedom. The next president can try to cancel the Obama care...but they'll still want the money somehow. We are going to be taxed for this whether we like it or not. Time to come to peace with it.

How about the ability to own a cell phone and talk on that phone to my mother, friends, or whoever, freely, without NSA tracking what I do?

Don't do illegal things or associate with criminals or people that do. If you don't do either - then stop being paranoid. You are not being monitored by the govt. When you see a drone overhead - you need to worry.

I don't care about other countries right now! I care about MY country and the huge freakin mess we are in. We need to get out of other people's affairs and start paying attention to our own. We have BIG problems here! And I guarantee that this is the tip of the iceberg.

Putting countries into contrast will help you realize that it isn't so bad in America. Sure we have drones - at least we can afford them.

Freedom? Really?

You are always free to leave. Some countries won't even allow that.
edit on 20-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: spelling

edit on 20-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added another 2 cents

edit on 20-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: had more cents

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just putting the following post in a few places where people might be interested:

Michael Hastings was one small part of a much bigger movement of hacker activists/investigative journalists who are hell bent on exposing the corporations and sections of governments who abuse the rights of citizens.

It seems to start when Barrett Brown received a document dump via Anonymous of data downloaded from Stratfor that pointed to a web of corporations, governments and security services agencies carrying out a lot of illegal activities that stomp all over the rights of citizens in the US and elsewhere.

The trove was so enormous Barrett invited other journalists/hacker activists to help him go through it to join the dots. Barrett is now in prison on trumped up charges but the project lives on. I have a feeling (but do not know for certain) that a lot of what is going on now can be traced back to knowledge gleaned from these documents. I also believe (but can not verify) that Michael Hastings was one of those that was helping Barrett on the project. I know Glenn Greenwald definitely was/is part of it.

The project continues. It's home page is here: ProjectPM

I don't know if these pages have been 'edited' by either government related agencies or the people involved but it helps to provide the bigger picture around Hastings and quite possibly his death. Their official Twitter account is #ProjectPM (@Echelon2_PPM)

Other Twitter accounts worth following are #Wikileaks. ggreenwald, ioerror (Jacob Applebaum), YourAnonNews or AnonPressOffice & georgieBC (just to name a tiny few).

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The game these people are playing is so simple and yet so deceptive.

They will pretty much freely admit to everything they're doing at any given time but at the same time, they will refrain (for the moment) from any kind of detectable "abuse" (Heh - as if the whole thing isn't already abusive) so the "alarmists" look like a bunch of paranoid fools.

They slowly (but surely) put one little piece after another into place. They just put the pieces where they want them and leave them there to cool. By the time they're ready to really get down to business, the public will have forgotten all about it. A single day in this crazy world pretty much wipes out the memory of seemingly insignificant things like the FBI using drones "infrequently" for surveillance.

And somehow, this little fact exists only in it's own space and time. It is in a separate world and it's a different government that is spying on your phone calls, your emails and your internet. Torturing "confessions" out of terror suspects is ancient history now (just a few short years later). Besides, it wasn't really torture. What kind of people do we think they are? They were "enhanced interrogations". Completely different!

Let us continue to ignore that this same fundamental agenda has spanned two administrations of supposedly different parties. That, in itself might be cause for some suspicion if common sense weren't actually such a rarity.

Everybody knows that we exist in this little compartment in which nothing that happens outside (or ever has) will have any effect on what's in here and vice versa.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
this is scary, plain and simple. they have amassed so much power the civilians can't stop them now

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

So watches the watchers? How do we know they are not terrorists?
How far does this go? Can we spy on them?

This a communist panopticon stasi control grid being setup in broad day light.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
People hear drones and think the worst.

Honest question, I still haven't figured out what people are getting all worked up for. If it wasn't drones, it would be a manned aircraft. Both types are controlled by a person. Why wasn't it such a hassle when the U-2 or the SR-71 was debuted? Satellites pass overhead every minute of the day, I would think that would be much easier than sending up a drone.

Surveillance of the air is pretty common and always have been with law enforcement. Maybe I missed something that people have read that I haven't, don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join