It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something massive in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Okay, so about half a year ago, I was out on my backporch, looking out, having the last smoke of the night.
I saw something weird that night. Something I'm uncomfortable talking about to family or friends for fear of being called insane.

That night, I saw something. I was looking up at the sky, when I notice a patch of stars that weren't there. A blackish diamond, about the size of a football field, with a massive light coming down from the center of it. This thing was off in the distance, and it still looked huge. It made no noise as it hung in the sky. Then, as soon as it was there, it was gone. No noise, nothing. Now, I'll admit, it was late at night, around 2 AM, but I swear on my life that I was sober as a judge.

I don't know what it was, but I know what it wasn't. There was no way it clouds with the moon shining through. I saw the moon elsewhere in the sky. It didn't make any noise like any aircraft I know about. Very, very peculiar.

I have no clue what it was. Like something out of the Twilight Zone. If I hadn't of seen it with my own two eyes I wouldn't believe it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
well, i'm no expert but...

sounds like a UFO.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You should have posted this two years ago when you made your account bud.

But since you brought this up my girl saw something similar as diamond shape stars lit sky in the same manner without the beaming light. Strange occurrences I suppose.

I have no doubt that you're lying because she (my girl) was really freaked about it. At first I didn't believe her but she have me a very detail description of what happen. S+F for you.
edit on 14-6-2013 by sylent6 because: added note

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Okay, so about half a year ago, I was out on my backporch, looking out, having the last smoke of the night.
I saw something weird that night. Something I'm uncomfortable talking about to family or friends for fear of being called insane.

That night, I saw something. I was looking up at the sky, when I notice a patch of stars that weren't there. A blackish diamond, about the size of a football field, with a massive light coming down from the center of it. This thing was off in the distance, and it still looked huge. It made no noise as it hung in the sky. Then, as soon as it was there, it was gone. No noise, nothing....

To consider other possibilities (so as to rule them out, or leave them in the possible answer bag)...
What were you doing prior to this "last smoke" of the night?
Reason for the question - sometimes, if working on the computer, dealing with graphics (especially), or even watching television, funky blind spots can develop. Sometimes the blind spots will right themselves quickly (like - as soon as you notice them), and other times they right themselves gradually.
Anyway - interesting tale.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
sounds like a UFO.

Can't be, it made no sound.

It made no noise as it hung in the sky. Then, as soon as it was there, it was gone. No noise, nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

"cant be it made no sound"
?

they usually dont mate

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
huge triangle thingies are occasionally sighted.
supposedly they are a Militar heavy-lift vessel, designated TR-3B

en.wikipedia.org...(UFO)

so you're not the first to see one. sorry, no prize.

previous thread (one of several)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-6-2013 by works4dhs because: add helpful linque

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Trueman

"cant be it made no sound"
?

they usually dont mate

Right : "Usually". Doesn't mean 100%.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

RIGHT cant be it made no sound doesnt mean 100% of the time

it works both ways

it looks like your out for an argument so leave me be please

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

it works both ways

Nah......just bored.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Triangle, diamond like shape? Yup, them nasties. Either is Military related or Reptilian related. Either or.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ive noticed that all these kinds of posts start with the person having a smoke haha

My post yesterday (similar to this) included me having a smoke

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

sounds like a UFO.

Well of course it was.
UFO just means it was an unidentified object - not that it was an alien spacecraft

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
Ive noticed that all these kinds of posts start with the person having a smoke haha

Indeed. Smoking WHAT I wonder?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The size of a football field ?
How does one judge that from afar ? As that would obliterate a HUGE portion of the sky,and others would have seen it .

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of my sighting on August 22nd (I think) 2011. At Exactly 11:30pm:

It was a day off from work. I woke up & meditated for awhile, as I like to do. Makes the day much more peacefull. Was noticing the silence in my own mind, when a voice/thought that was not mine, clearly enters "Be outside at 11:30 tonight".

I went outside into the back yard at 11:00, & looked into the clear night sky. I remember round lights flitting around in the sky. I though to myself "they've started early".

Then it was about 11:10, & the lights went away.

11:30. Movement in the sky in my peripheral vision moves my attention to a nearby mountaintop w/huge cellphone towers on it (they have used these in various other sightings since then!).

It looked like it was approx 2000ft directly above the towers- a very very large, "translucent black" boomerang. It had 2 large "translucent blue" lights near each "wingtip". It hovered there for about 5-10 seconds, then it Moved in my direction, passing DIRECTLY over the house. I craned my neck to watch it pass overhead & then into the distance. It dissapeared before it could travel over the horizon.

My exact words as it passed over my head, were "HO-LYYYY #!" . Then about 20 to 30 seconds later, another one (or the same one twice) appeared in the same spot over the mountain, did the same thing. The second time it dissapeared at the same spot in the distance.Due to it's position above the mountaintop, & the fact that it travelled right over my head, I have since calculated it to be about 2 thirds of a kilometer across, & it was travelling about 12000 MPH. It was ghostly silent, & I'll never forget it.

& one thing I forgot to mention- I was with my friends dog outside in the yard, & the dog did not bark at all.

You would now probably say it was a hallucination, I would say "hmm possibly" if it weren't for the fact that I've been experimenting w/audio recording the visitors!

Just because you no longer have sightings does not mean they are gone!

They don't want to appear on camera yet though

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

well why the hell would we be outside at 2 in the morning....smokers are probably responsible for most UFO sightings...unfortunately we dont have a camera as we only carry with us a packet of smokes and a lighter..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

it works both ways

Yes ma'am,

Funny though you ask to leave you be, why reply to them in the first place without being aware of what your replying to.

Op gave a story of their experience, the second post said "it sounds like a UFO" and this is why I believe Trueman said what he did to be humorous, unfortunately that just flew right over your head just as his other reply to did as well.

Truemans bored whats your excuse?

Anyway on topic:

Okay, so about half a year ago, I was out on my backporch, looking out, having the last smoke of the night. I saw something weird that night. Something I'm uncomfortable talking about to family or friends for fear of being called insane.

Why would be uncomfortable for fear of being called insane? have you concluded what it was what you saw or are you researching the possibilities?

That night, I saw something. I was looking up at the sky, when I notice a patch of stars that weren't there. A blackish diamond, about the size of a football field, with a massive light coming down from the center of it.

This thing was off in the distance, and it still looked huge.

What stars?

How were you able to determine the size to be a of a football field? How were you able to determine its altitude if was blackish color against a dark sky?

I don't know what it was, but I know what it wasn't.

OK

It made no noise as it hung in the sky. Then, as soon as it was there, it was gone. No noise, nothing.

That is like many other reported sightings, that no noise was heard, however why write this just a few sentences later in your OP

It didn't make any noise like any aircraft I know about. Very, very peculiar.

Yes very peculiar, as earlier you said there was no noise what so ever and now say this. Aircraft make noise, so did what you witness make noise unlike any aircraft you've heard before or was it completely silent?

I have no clue what it was. Like something out of the Twilight Zone. If I hadn't of seen it with my own two eyes I wouldn't believe it.

Believe what? your saying you have no clue what it is twice now but contradict that by saying you know what it isn't, so whats to believe if your unsure of what you witnessed?

Do you believe you witnessed a UFO? as there is no belief required to witness a UFO that unless you are insinuating what the UFO is or might be without evidence then beliefs are required.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
The size of a football field ?
How does one judge that from afar ? As that would obliterate a HUGE portion of the sky,and others would have seen it .

Depending on distance from the observer,

It wouldn't cover a huge portion of the sky if it was the size of a football field and 200km up,

It would cover all the sky if it was the size as described and only 10feet above you.

The size and distance is what I also want to know from the OP how these were calculated, if they were or if this is just wild speculation of a memory of something strange from 6 months ago and false memories are guiding his description as the OP is quite vague with his description of what would be quite a profound experience.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PeachesEnRegalia

It was a day off from work. I woke up & meditated for awhile, as I like to do. Makes the day much more peacefull. Was noticing the silence in my own mind, when a voice/thought that was not mine, clearly enters "Be outside at 11:30 tonight".

Then why didn't you have the camera and equipment setup in case something happened?

Oh, they don't want to be on camera just yet.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join