It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Love

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Definitely,

I think deep down we do search for our other half to make us strong...

I definitley feel stronger now I have found my other half.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
thinking about your definition of the word and having your eyes well up with tears of such deep emotion because the first nano second thought that filled your thoughts is your sleeping baby's head looking so small and angelic in your huge hairy hand and how all you've thought yourself to be and desire is nil compared to the betterment and protection of that tiny little life.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Nans made a good point about being in need of love, and how love can manipulate the one in need of love; even more then one would have been otherwise without love. I did this to my self at one time. I let this girl slowly grow on me. She was great. Notice how I said great. That brings me to my next point and the next person I wanted to comment on.

Saph had said that Pocket should not get too anxious to throw herself into this one person without taking into account the possible consequences. This is a just and noble virtue of her's. Trust me Pocki, any person is capable of anything. We only know what people want us to know. The one who is themselves is the only one who can know ones' self. Does that make sense???

What makes me think that you should worry about you lover??? Nothing. I don't think you should worry, nor do I think does Saph. What I am trying to say is that you must keep an open eye and a open mind. Most of all, be yourself and don't do anything you don't want to do, especially if it is something enforced or pressed upon one's person. Often lovers sacrifice a lot for the other. This can be a deadly game. This brings me to my next reference and my next point.

ProudAmerican had stated that love can be given and in turn not recieved. This is another honest and righteous virtue. The girl I said had grown on me was of like referecne. She was one I gave much love and more sacrifice. I sacrificed my love of her, for her. She knew my feelings but unfortonatley they ment nothing to her. We were really good friends with a really complicated drama induced love triangle destroying our trust of one another. I really don't want to talk about that. Anyway my point is, that the love can grow on you and the growth will suffocate your soul when you are putting in all the work.

I see this in my sister's relationship with her long held boyfriend. She shows absolute blind faith and obedience to this man, yet he is extremely critical of her often irrational rational. Her rational is fear induced because she is so afraid of losing this man to her own comments or actions. That can be quite undermining when one considers that some love can be interpretated as inner peace and freedom. Many like to think that love is just that. Freedom and sense of heart and soul. That is when we are complete, when the heart and soul are free and sane. That is what being complete is, and that is how many describe love, as being complete with the help of the one you love. It is the reasoning that one cannot be complete without the love of another that drives this belief. Yet I can say that is not how I feel.

I don't feel that one needs anyone else, nor does anyone need any love to be complete. If that were true than the Dali Lama's of our time would not be complete. How could that be???

The Dali Lama is the supreme monk. The monks I have met were definately complete. Then again that is to say that passivity and contentment is being complete. If you ask me, real completeness is perfection, and in my opinion only God is capable of utter perfection.

Therefore if we were to accept the concept of the meaning of love, being that withheld in the belief that one must be complete to love, than we would in turn be saying that not only were humans incapable of completeness, but they would be incapable of love. Which just is not true.

We know that we can love, and what love is to us, but we don't neccasarly know what love is to others. I think it is safe to say that no one has been able to define love, because everyone is inclined to have their own definition of the word.

I have four definitions for love. They are as follows:

The Motherly or Fatherly loves---Love that is induced by the reverence to one's child.

The Brotherly love---Love that is represented by the enjoyment of the company of those that one feels close to.

The Loverly love---The love that is produced by the attraction of two people to one another. This is the love we have been trying to figure out and label for years now.

The Natural love---The greatest love of them all. Natural love is to simply love. What do I mean???

Think about this. Does not one feel love for the fresh air? Does not one feel love for the relief? Does not one feel love for a mountain or a sea? Is not this love?

I think so. I don't mean that the Natural love is just within nature. I mean it in every sense, that is why I call it natural. Because it is the things that one must love in order to live in peace and comfort. The natural love can be love of sex, or it can be love of burnt rubber. The love that is most often neglected is the love that is Natural. We look for too much of the other loves, not knowing that the love we really need and want is right in front of our eyes. Hell, it is our eyes. You See?

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
[color=BLUE]LOVE HAVE NO DEFINITION !

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
LOVE HAVE NO EXPLANATION !

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
[color=RED]LIFE MEAN LOVE !

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
[color=RED]LIFE MEAN LOVE !

Life is the natural love. (Or at least it should be.)

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I mean, Life is a gift : The love of GOD to the mankind...

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
JESUS IS LOVE !

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's a little something I wrote about love:

*Love is a feeling, not just a word
Very misleading- so hard to be heard*

That's just one line in the poem I wrote, but that is my feelings about it..

Magestica

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
love is like the matrix.

you cannot define love, you must expirience it yourself.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
love is like the matrix.

you cannot define love, you must expirience it yourself.

That is the perfect why to explain the complexity of love.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Here's a little something I wrote about love:

*Love is a feeling, not just a word
Very misleading- so hard to be heard*

That's just one line in the poem I wrote, but that is my feelings about it..

Magestica

That is a poem in it's self.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Seriously, where is the reasonable logic in that ideal???

Why do so many people insist that love has to be born and nutured through the comforts of time???

This to me is not an accurate assesment. In my opinion love isn't bound by time. Real love should know nothing of time or disinction in any sort. That is why love is blind.

You See???

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think true love has to develop over time. As opposed to eros or romantic love which is an endocrine reaction and can occur instantaneously, the kind of love that makes great marriages must develop and mature.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trader
I think true love has to develop over time. As opposed to eros or romantic love which is an endocrine reaction and can occur instantaneously, the kind of love that makes great marriages must develop and mature.

Love needs no time to mature. For love won't need to worry about maturity. Love is not mature, and never will be. To say that love is mature is quite simple minded. For love is an overt and emotionally attentive reasoning. Now, no reasoning was ever reasonable when ruled, or in love's case, inslaved by emotion. Spinoza attempts to teach us this, but still to this day people insist that love is just that long, deep and never ended void of need for the other. Well that is not the case. There are many loves that are more then simple relationship between two things. Love is not ruled by the desire of others. Love is the ruler of those who desire.

You See???

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How should one feel once their love has been rejected and abused? Will they ever want to love again?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Love is just a mix of chemical substance that tricks your 'mind' into believe that you 'love' someone.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Love is when someone accepts, understands, & has faith in all that you are without feeling fear towards you.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Love is wasted on some people.

Some people dont deserve to ever feel loved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join