It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower Snowden Not Welcome In UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Airlines worldwide have been issued with an alert not to allow the US spy leaker to board UK-bound flights.

The UK government has urged airlines worldwide not to allow ex-CIA employee Edward Snowden, who leaked details of a secret US internet surveillance programme, to board flights to Britain. The alert, dated Monday on a Home Office letterhead, said carriers should prevent the former US intelligence contractor boarding UK-bound flights because "the individual is highly likely to be refused entry to the UK", according to the Associated Press. The news agency reported seeing a photograph of the document taken on Friday at a Thai airport.

I wonder are they really expecting him to go to the UK, why would he want to to go there and put himself at risk? makes no sense. Maybe they know where he is?

Link

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Looks like this is the thread to be in then.

To answer Wrabitt and continue this one I'll past here what I said in t'other one.

I saw this on the news this morning and have been thinking about it since then.

I can't see why they'd need to say such an obvious thing, unless it's purely to align the average person watching the BBC with the fact he's an evil criminal traitor scumbag and control the narrative that way.

Malign him by making it clear he's not welcome.

'Cor blimey if they've banned him from comin' in then we sure don't want his sort here and that's for sure' says Mr Average. 'He must be a wrong un then and no mistaking' (this incidentally is exactly how we speak in the UK. It's all true. I'm even drinking tea as I type it).

For only terrorists go on no fly lists, don't they?

Other than that I don't know.
edit on 14-6-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
lol the UK is probably the last place on Earth he'd ever choose to go anyway with the amount of public cameras they have. Personally I wouldn't even go there if I was paid to.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

plus they dont want the hassle. Cameron would not want to upset his buddies/puppet masters in America.

I think they feel they have to take a public stance on this one.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
'Cor blimey if they've banned him from comin' in then we sure don't want his sort here and that's for sure' says Mr Average. 'He must be a wrong un then and no mistaking' (this incidentally is exactly how we speak in the UK. It's all true. I'm even drinking tea as I type it).

Strewth cobber, I wonder if that dero bludger is allowed to rock up to Australia. (And I'm not drinking Fosters as I type this).

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Surprise, surprise,,,,,,,,,kind of displaces the capstone. huh

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
LOL I still don't know how Assange got there, maybe they are just being clear? lol

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

That's propably it.Because I cannot imagine the English government thinking Snowden would be stupid enough to even consider trying to find safe harbour there.So it's propably a public condemnation of Snowden to show support to the US,nothing more.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Guessing they do not want another Assange type situation. I do not think Snowden would want to come to the UK though..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yeah, well my government is arming terrorists in Syria, so i take what they have to say with a large pinch of salt these days.

Snowden is welcome around my place anytime.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by khimbar

Yeah, well my government is arming terrorists in Syria, so i take what they have to say with a large pinch of salt these days.

If he's ever in Yorkshire, there's a place for him here too.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by khimbar

I'll second that as well, and that seems to go for most people i've spoken to about this. So can we assume our government doesn't want another Assange than ?
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The UK is a great place to go to. With a decent wind he can stay in the UK making lawyers rich, drumming up publicity, writing books and generally wasting everyone's time. I am glad the UK government will not accept him.

Regards

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As a UK resident, I'm sorry.

These individuals should be protected, not hunted.

Peace and respect.

join