It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoever recently showed us the secret documents: Do get in touch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

Whoever recently showed us the secret documents: Do get in touch

www.theregister.co.uk

We here at The Register recently got the chance to have a look at what appeared to be some most interesting confidential information, from within a large aerospace and defence contractor.

We're most grateful for this. However the way the information came to us, combined with the circumstances of the case, is going to make it difficult for us to proceed with the story without being able to communicate with our source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Seems to be the responsible thing to do, get further verification on the authenticity of the information.

Defense and aerospace huh? May be monies diverted to unknown projects. Projects to achieve unpopular objectives. Advances in orbital surveillance and weaponry.

I kinda of doubt it's about alien technology coming out full blown with all that may involve.

Sure seems like a lot of stuff coming out lately Look for something big to happen while we are so distracted.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by XeroOne

If it's from an actual aerospace company though, why go this route? They don't really have much need to hack, and have been hacked a lot in the past and just released it as a story.

Well, the article did say Aerospace and defence contractor. Firms such as BAE and Lockheed Martin do more than build planes - they've branched out into electronic warfare, arms manufacturing, digital communications, stealth technologies and all kinds of 'cyber' stuff. If the money's in 'offensive security', they'd recruit several teams for that overnight. If the US government wanted another STUXNET, either of those contractors could quickly get the right people on the job.
This could be anything vaguely defence-related.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

It could be, but even if they had a hacking team working, what's the big deal? Any country would be stupid to NOT have one with all the hacking that has been going on, and the information grabbed by it. It's like in another thread where the NSA whistleblower said that the US had hacked China... Yeah? And I should be surprised by this why?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

My Spidey senses are all-a-tingling.

Wait what?

Well at least they are trying to get the source to go on the record, if they print the story with anonymous the government types will try to brush it off. But I do know many wouldn't want to become a public whistle blower, you are essentially committing suicide socially, economically.....and perhaps physically.

reply to post by Zaphod58

Heck, I have some bugger in an internet cafe in China trying to hack my comp daily. Would like to put a plant my size 10 boot up his/her arse.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
On twitter its saying an aerospace employee was found dead in his dorm room. I don't know how to link this exactly but it seems weird it came up after this thread. In college yet also working for them. Maybe an intern. Don't know if connected or even reliable but thought it was worth mentioning.

This might take person to it but there's really not much more. It says 51 min ago.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by XeroOne

It could be, but even if they had a hacking team working, what's the big deal? Any country would be stupid to NOT have one with all the hacking that has been going on, and the information grabbed by it. It's like in another thread where the NSA whistleblower said that the US had hacked China... Yeah? And I should be surprised by this why?

Exactly how I see it, but imagine publishing evidence that Google, FaceBook, Microsoft, DropBox, plus all the main cloud storage services were totally compromised. Or maybe even evidence of ECHELON - enough people working on it for at least one person to go public.

What we do know is:
1) The Register has a specific type of readership, including net/sys administrators, security and intel people.
2) The information's being disclosed days after Ed Snowden went public, therefore the chances are this is somehow related.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Most colleges have ties to aerospace defense contracts. It's a way for them to get funding for their school, and the DoD gets cheap labor on less sensitive projects.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
If the money's in 'offensive security', they'd recruit several teams for that overnight. If the US government wanted another STUXNET, either of those contractors could quickly get the right people on the job.
This could be anything vaguely defence-related.

Generally, there are a few non-aerospace specialty contractors that get that sort of job, at least from DIA and SOCOM. NSA does a lot of that sort of software in house, although they tend to contract out a lot of the hardware, as does the agency.

There is, for example, a contractor that gets a LOT of DISA and DIA's action. They do a lot of "futuristic" research for them as well, and they are a big big name in the community for "that sort" of software. They wrote Able Danger and Able Providence, for example. And run various AP installations all over the US and Europe. They are also into "action oriented signal intercept" if you get my drift.

On the Venn diagram of the community they sit at the intersection of SRI, SOCOM and DIA. They're sort of like the military version of InQTel.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

Weird. It's not there anymore.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Dianec

Most colleges have ties to aerospace defense contracts. It's a way for them to get funding for their school, and the DoD gets cheap labor on less sensitive projects.

And the kiddies specify cards that don't exist, and we design 'em.

I love this business.

No, really, you're quite right. If you go out to the Arsenal, you see a lot of grad students from Ga Tech working S and a very few TS contracts. We do cards for several universities, not on an agreement but more word of mouth. If it's not too bogus, we can do them very very quickly, and we don't pork the government too much unless it's a Navy contract.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

On twitter its saying an aerospace employee was found dead in his dorm room.

Naval Academy student. He was in aerospace engineering as a major, not an employee of them.

Good to know not the leaker (although sad when any young person dies). Will be watching to see if we get more info.

It sounds as if connected to more spying. Said in article it didn't seem the leaker would have trouble encrypting so leads me to think he maybe shared some specific intel on ways this is happening. One would assume an aerospace person can encrypt but they said "it's clear you know how to do this" (something to that effect).

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

On twitter its saying an aerospace employee was found dead in his dorm room.

Naval Academy student. He was in aerospace engineering as a major, not an employee of them.

Good to know not the leaker (although sad when any young person dies). Will be watching to see if we get more info.

It sounds as if connected to more spying. Said in article it didn't seem the leaker would have trouble encrypting so leads me to think he maybe shared some specific intel on ways this is happening. One would assume an aerospace person can encrypt but they said "it's clear you know how to do this" (something to that effect).

I temporarily retract my comment...I saw it, went diving for details, got nuthin and then it didn't come up again. Maybe I'm hallucinating from the caffeine.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just been thinking: The documents must have been printed and sent to The Register's office by mail, so the leak must have practically coincided with Ed Snowden's.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I can guarantee everyone here that whoever sent this material would be an idiot to contact this agency, as per their request. They likely do not realize the danger they are putting this person in. There is definitely some agency already on this, and they likely will be monitoring all incoming communications with this agency, on the off-chance that their source will stick his/her head up. And if that source does so, they will be nabbed rather quickly. If something worse does not happen to them, at the very least they are going to be tried to the fullest extent possible. THIS is the exact type of thing the current US regime is hell-bent on preventing. How many times have they already been embarrassed by leaks? And a defense contractor is basically the same thing as the US government, when they are working for the US government on classified operations. In this case it would probably be manufacturing of clandestine aircraft.

I am not sure what a whistleblower from a firm like this could expose, but you never know. I have not looked in to what this contractor actually does, but that could provide some clues as to what the leak potentially entails. But like I said, "clarifying" the material for these people would be a mistake. The correct course of action for this media agency would be to find someone with extensive background experience in this particular field, and get them to take a look at the material. This person may be difficult to find, but if they are out of the business they would be more willing to help in my opinion. There are also a number of disillusioned professionals who worked for the government in some capacity, but these types of people are rarely found in the field of contract work like this, from organizations who build things for the government. They are usually well-paid, and there is nothing that has happened to make them want to expose what they know. The usual exception is when much time has passed. Usually decades. So for instance, the guys who built things like the stealth fighter and bomber will talk about it now, as it is declassified. But classified stuff, they will mostly stay away from it. It is still the best option though, if they truly want to protect their anonymous source.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Wonder what is going on now....

The head of the CIA just stepped down about 30 minutes ago

CIA Director resigns

The Deputy Director is not the Director. He's (now she's) just the Deputy Director.

Yep, job description of lying, BS, and malice is stressful and soul depleting

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Lockheed. I remember seeing a video on youtube saying that they were currently making something from alien technology that would provide an endless supply of energy to the planet. But this video was about 11 years old ? They were pushing for the truth to come out then..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

I think I shall sit back and wait for the results to come in before commenting thoroughly.

If indeed they come in at all.

Heres hoping

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When I went to the link it was a big page of code or encryption. I'm not sure what exactly I was looking at but the newspaper seemed sincere in trying to locate the person/ persons who sent it. Interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

yes we all know there are aliens. Im beginning to think they are among us (as crazy as that sounds) but I just don't understand the complete and utter denial from the media and other govt. Why the ridicule . Everyone is not hallucinating. Credible witnesses have come out but yet there is a stigma of lunacy. With the whistleblowers. He is a traitor?? no our govt is the traitor!!! They work above the law and want to control the pop. So are they among us and have they been since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
When I went to the link it was a big page of code or encryption. I'm not sure what exactly I was looking at but the newspaper seemed sincere in trying to locate the person/ persons who sent it. Interesting to say the least.

That big bunch of apparent gumph is the public encryption key to enable an individual to send a secure email to The Register.

However, as a few have commented, it is very likely The Register is now being watched like a hawk...

You can read more about PgP below:

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join