It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoever recently showed us the secret documents: Do get in touch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Whoever recently showed us the secret documents: Do get in touch

www.theregister.co.uk

We here at The Register recently got the chance to have a look at what appeared to be some most interesting confidential information, from within a large aerospace and defence contractor.

We're most grateful for this. However the way the information came to us, combined with the circumstances of the case, is going to make it difficult for us to proceed with the story without being able to communicate with our source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well this is intriguing. The Register has apparently been sent something of interest to them from a "large aerospace and defence contractor," and they are calling for the originator to get in touch to determine the veracity of the documentation.

Could we be seeing yet more leaks via unconventional means? The Register is not some little blog out in the middle of the interwebs, they are a formidable Sci/Tech journal with a proven track record of not pulling any punches and generally annoying the hell out of the "establishment."

My Spidey senses are all-a-tingling.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hopefully this is the big one a lot of us have been waiting for.
Fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lockheed-Martin? Boeing?? hmmmm......can't wait to see what comes out of this one.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dare I say it? It's a TARP!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Fingers crossed.

I'll keep my jets cool on this one for now but will be keeping a close eye on it. It's not like The Register to resort to hyperbole and certainly unusual that they would be forced to put a plea for the originator to come forward in such a manner. It is obvious that whatever they are sitting on has the potential to be dynamite considering the plea.

I wondered if it could be the remaining mysterious powerpoint slides even The Guardian refused to publish but Booz Hamilton are not in the aerospace arena.

Hopefully, this plot will thicken.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Fingers crossed.

I agree.

Even the media has put out the word that Snowden has more info to leak.

When I watched his interview, he said that we would be "told that this was done for our safety", but that we were being lied to.

I canot wait.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I highly doubt that anyone is going to be comming forward on this one, unless of course they have some sort of psychological condition affecting thier ability to discern a threat.

The request from the publisher is basically a red flag to those who might want to know what information they have, and who gave it to them, and personally speaking, if it was me who had handed it over, I would be thinking about how to cover my rear on this, rather than thinking about nipping down to thier offices, giving them a call, or even sending them a nice letter thanking them for putting out such public feelers.

The editor of this publication, in my veiw, was either asked to put out a request by the intelligence services, on the off chance that the informant is also a blithering moron, or is a blithering moron themselves. In either case, if someone does come forward, they would have to be the most intellectually vacant bugger ever born.

You only have to look at the disruption to Mr Snowden's normal pattern of life, to realise that those who inform on government and defense contract data, of any sort, do not get to still meet up with thier buddies for a poker night, or consume chinese food from the same outlet they have been using since they were six years old, and although its true that some people might wear that, those same people would already have been in touch to answer any questions that might have arisen from the provision of the data to the paper.

The fact that the information was delivered anonymously and with no personal contact data provided, means that the person who delivered it is not in the market for a total collapse of thier own fragile normality, otherwise they would have delivered themselves along with the data, perhaps under a false identity to protect themselves. That they didnt speaks volumes about thier intention to avoid as far as is possible, any connection being made between themselves and the provision of this data.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Considering the way things have been going I just wouldn't be surprised if they received a copy of an Apple patent application for a jet-propelled version of the 2015 version of swine flu......

ETA: in actually reading the post, it reminds me of that episode of Death Note where L confronts Kira on TV..... I'll keep my eyes on this. Quite curious.
edit on 12-6-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So someone has sent a small piece of information- possibly going to the public --

Well the first motive is in question- Why demand something if your main intent was too sabotage secrecy/Security?

Maybe "they" are not demanding anything but maybe the informer knows the sensitivity of - and are "kindly" asking for it back?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y3K89
So someone has sent a small piece of information- possibly going to the public --

Well the first motive is in question- Why demand something if your main intent was too sabotage secrecy/Security?

Maybe "they" are not demanding anything but maybe the informer knows the sensitivity of - and are "kindly" asking for it back?

Nobody made any demands though...

edit on 12-6-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Thats more too what im asking- there is none- but how do they know? - They have a log of data that was sniffed? and they happen to notice? or someone send in something that they had?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y3K89
reply to post by unphased

Thats more too what im asking- there is none- but how do they know? - They have a log of data that was sniffed? and they happen to notice? or someone send in something that they had?

Huh?? The only thing it says is that they "received confidential information" and would like the source to get in touch with them however possible so they can proceed with the story.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
Lockheed-Martin? Boeing?? hmmmm......can't wait to see what comes out of this one.

There was recently some "disturbances" with Bigalow Aerospace.
Don't know if it was from the inside or outside though.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It feels like a carrot, maybe some lettuce.

What would wet the pallet to make my mouth water is a really good inventive way to eat without chewing...

I hope it's real chocolate mouse and not moose scat.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hmmm...so another potential whistleblower but this one is very shy. Comes within a few days of Snowden's interview. Someone within the field of defense/intelligence as a private contractor would most likely find Snowden to be of great interest. Aerospace/defense contractor, probably surveillance related, scared witless to reveal themselves but sent something that probably adds another facet. How about a satellite? We already know that spy satellites exist so it must be something noxious and domestic. Snowden already covered cell phone, email, and net use. Betting this information is yet another piece of the potential domestic surveillance puzzle and it's probably related to a satellite because of the source. Smart meters?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The whistleblower's anonymity should be protected if the documents are legitimately proving more treachery from the government.

Let the truth be told

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wonder what is going on now....

The head of the CIA just stepped down about 30 minutes ago

CIA Director resigns

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'll say what so many of you are thinking:

"Please be Aliens!"

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Wonder what is going on now....

The head of the CIA just stepped down about 30 minutes ago

CIA Director resigns

The Deputy Director is not the Director. He's (now she's) just the Deputy Director.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join