It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 303
<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Yeah, I am still finding out a lot about the farce of law practice from this case lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You really don't give people enough credit. I never watch MSM. I truly think that trend is reaching the mainstream. The ones that do listen to MSM are the ones that are the most rabid about this case.

Those jurors went through many gates and preemptory challenges that were overseen by juror selection experts for both sides.

The process was fair. Just because the outcome doesn't comport to your expectations doesn't mean something went wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by crazyewok

You don't think he had a fair trial?? He had the best defense attorneys money could buy in that state.

Usually people facing 2nd degree murder have to rely upon public pretenders who are paid for by the state and are required to pressure you into a plea agreement after the threat of spending the rest of your life behind bars. If you are innocent, well tough luck.

Zimmerman had a fair trial. Not everyone sees his actions in the same light as you.

It may just be my uk standards. But over here if the msm forged evidence widley distrabuted it. Took a biased approach to coverage, Our goverment interfered with Camroon makeing a public statement calling the victim like his "son" and encoraged race baiters, filled the jury with one demograph ( ie women and mothers) and had a procecutor that told the jury "rely on emotion and the heart" the whole thing would have been callef a mistrial and heads would roll.

I do not think zimmerman is 100% innocent but he does not derserve 25+ years. Not when there has been mis conduct in the media, the goverment and the department of justice. Better he walk than get hit with 25 years when at most he deserves 2 for being a idiot.
edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I am a news junkie, and I got to tell you, I have heard from you thread contributors that that was said but this was NOT a case I followed.

People have lives you know. They work, they take the kids to school and baseball practice, kid's athletics on the weekends et al. Not everyone was consumed with this case.

Maybe if you watched Fox news and saw that interview of Zimmerman on Hannity you were following along. I never did. I am much more interested in national politics than the red meat issues of "race" and "abortion", and "immigration" and and and. All those issues everyone is ready to torch their neighbor's house over.

It is not me.

I only became interested during and after the jury selection. I have paid attention now. But I was not "privy" or "biased" by months of debate on blogs and message boards. I never staked out a position. I have now, after coming to a conclusion based on the way I believe things went down.

You don't realize that these women are the same. They would not have been chosen to serve on this jury had they had preconceived biases. They are looking at it just as I am, and as a mother. You are not going to score any points picking on an illiterate teenager, nor by following a teenager who was doing nothing wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The jury is just a minor thing.

Its the mis conduct at all levels that has been a disgrace.

Politicians and media should NEVER interfer with justice NEVER.

It comprimises everything. The case is tainted. How tainted? No one knows that the problem.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That is really the whole problem, as a mother, you only seem to have considered to look at Martin as your son. Have you considered it the other way? What if your son was a standup guy, followed a suspicious person, got beaten for it, then shot to defend his life? This is why the media, and the prosecutor constantly refer to him as a child.
edit on Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:08:55 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
scratch that. wrong date (facepalm)

please ignore
edit on 7/13/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Going by the original narrative the MSM was pushing, even I was pissed. I seen lots of my facebook friends posting the fabrication they put out and was like "WTF! A huge white guy hunted down a black kid for no good reason and killed him? And they are not charging? What the hell is up with that!"

Then I started digging, and saw what was going on. The media was full of it. Today, out of the huge list of friends I have on facebook, there is 3 whole people who think Zimmerman should not go free. Those three people, never even been in a fight, let alone tasted a straight up beatdown.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The reason for that is the fact that at first he followed the kid in his truck, and then left to chase after him on foot. That Trayvon ran speaks volumes. He was tripping out on this guy that was stalking and following him.

What happened after the NE 911 call has only been characterized by Zimmerman's "version". So you ask these women to take George's word for the accounting of the incident. He has been caught in lies; his Hannity interview was pathetic (personally I was so mad when I saw that), and to compare running to skipping. Here is the deal: These women do not find him credible. That is what I think. I thought he was a big fat liar.

I could be wrong, it is not over yet. That is my perspective.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

People run for lots of reasons. Not only because they are scared to get hurt. You really think Martin was intimidated by Zimmerman? He was larger, in way better shape.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's the deal. These women have not been digging. They wouldn't be on the jury had they. They are only receiving the evidence that has been legally allowed. They are arriving at their conclusion based upon that.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

He was a kid. I don't care what you think.

I have taught my kids to run and scream from people that behave in that manner. It is what you have to do as parents in this day and age. You make way too many assumptions on the part of this young person.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Perhaps you can help me than. What bit of evidence, leads you to believe that he was not defending himself?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah he was a kid for a few more months legally, don't make him an innocent wimp though. I have seen kids younger than him that are cold blooded killers. Hell, if I am honest about it, I was a lot like Martin when I was a teen. I went to a school that was made especially for bad kids, armed guards the whole nine yards.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
any idea how much longer the jury is gonna be out on lunch break or are we waiting for them to write a question so the court can answer it? i havent seen many updates for a few pages?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Because I believe that Zimmerman was the aggressor. His actions prior to going "off the radar" indicate that. I think he may have tried to hold the boy or made some kind of move towards him to make Trayvon defend himself. Kid's don't tee off on adults. They just don't.

I believe as a result of George's actions he ended up taking a schooling. I do believe there was a struggle for the gun. I don't think Trayvon ever touched the weapon but had Zimmerman' arm or hand and was trying to keep the gun away from his person.

That is probably when the kid backed up and said "You got me", and then Zimmerman fired the weapon.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Because I believe that Zimmerman was the aggressor. His actions prior to going "off the radar" indicate that. I think he may have tried to hold the boy or made some kind of move towards him to make Trayvon defend himself. Kid's don't tee off on adults. They just don't.

I believe as a result of George's actions he ended up taking a schooling. I do believe there was a struggle for the gun. I don't think Trayvon ever touched the weapon but had Zimmerman' arm or hand and was trying to keep the gun away from his person.

That is probably when the kid backed up and said "You got me", and then Zimmerman fired the weapon.

HAHAHAHA WHAT!? What do you base this on? You live in fantasy land obviously. NONE of that is substantiated by the evidence at all.

I will give you credit though, one part of your story jives with Zimmermans testimony, and that is that Trayvon reached for his gun during the struggle.

link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Kid's don't tee off on adults. They just don't.

TM did, he even bragged about doing it, didn't your read his text where he talked about hitting the bus driver. he was talking about the trouble he got in was because of it.
take off your mommy glasses and think with a clear head.

edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

Kid's don't tee off on adults. They just don't.

Really, because I have seen it happen many times. Why do you think the guards at my school were armed? For our protection, or for the teacher's protection?

new topics

top topics

<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join