It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Still Testing GM Wheat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Monsanto Still Testing GM Wheat

www.activistpost.com

At this point, we’ve all got to wonder — did biotech giant Monsanto truly ever cease testing the company’s genetically modified (GM) wheat?....

Now it has come to light that Monsanto actually resumed testing of their GM wheat in 2011, and this new strain is currently growing in test plots in Hawaii and North Dakota.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.commondreams.org
www.bloomberg.com
grist.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Monsanto can't explain how GMO wheat survived
Kansas Farmer Sues Monsanto Over Rogue GMO Wheat

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So, it appears that last week's announcement of rogue GM in Oregon was intentionally
framed as somewhat of a rare glitch, when in fact it now looks as its business as
usual! Monsanto's slogan should read:

Contamination by all means necessary!

Monsanto instantly claimed "sabotage", an official statement from them:
They "completed “closing out the Roundup Ready wheat program” nine years ago.

Well, the truth is, Monsanto is still testing GMO wheat,
in North Dakota, and Hawaii, started in 2011!.

Genetically engineered wheat was never approved for cultivation or sale.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) did not approve Monsanto’s GM wheat
as ‘generally recognized as safe’ which means little to begin with, considering
they will not label GMO, its not declared safe to begine with.... but given that
former Monsanto's wheat has now caused harm to farmers, as when it was discovered
that this Monsanto GMO wheat has contaminated the exports, Japan suspended some
imports of US wheat, The Uk, and South Korea are testing all of its US wheat imports.

More experts are coming out to say that this won’t be the last we hear of Monsanto’s
rogue GM wheat, there is still testing in Wheat Samples from other fields in Oregon.
This is a huge backlash, its time Mosanto is held accountable for its insidious practices!

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how this mega-corporate entity has managed to deal a blow to the US's entire agricultural sector by "innocently" trying to 'feed the world.'

When Pfizer acquired Monsanto (years ago) - did anyone notice a change in the corporate conduct of Monsanto? No?... that's because they same board members controlled it all along.... and by the way those board members are curiously, kissing cousins to the most relevant regulators, law, and policy-makers at the UN ... and of course - best friends of the 5 media owners, the supranational banking cartel, and our own government "of the people."

We saw the telecom industry get retroactive immunity for failing to protect information channels the citizens paid for.... now we've seen the preemptive immunity for the conglomerate patent holders of artificially evolved foods... whats next? Automatic guilt if you have not consumed their goods or used their service?

-- sorry ... the fact that the media is busy making us giggle and cry over entertainment b/s (and it seems not to register to many at all) is making me cranky.

Has any corporate charter ever included the words "to publish and disseminate what is true to the best of our knowledge and with full disclosure as a contribution to future history?"

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

When Pfizer acquired Monsanto (years ago) - did anyone notice a change in the corporate conduct of Monsanto? No?... that's because they same board members controlled it all along.... and by the way those board members are curiously, kissing cousins to the most relevant regulators, law, and policy-makers at the UN ... and of course - best friends of the 5 media owners, the supranational banking cartel, and our own government "of the people."

Maxmars, excellent points you have here, I noticed your comments in the ATS live
thread, thank you! I really wonder at this point, all for corporate profits, or is there a deeper
darker agenda here?

Given Monsantos history, and its founders backgrounds into Eugenics, I really wonder.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Isn't it interesting how this mega-corporate entity has managed to deal a blow to the US's entire agricultural sector by "innocently" trying to 'feed the world.'

We saw the telecom industry get retroactive immunity for failing to protect information channels the citizens paid for.... now we've seen the preemptive immunity for the conglomerate patent holders of artificially evolved foods... whats next? Automatic guilt if you have not consumed their goods or used their service?

-- sorry ... the fact that the media is busy making us giggle and cry over entertainment b/s (and it seems not to register to many at all) is making me cranky.

Has any corporate charter ever included the words "to publish and disseminate what is true to the best of our knowledge and with full disclosure as a contribution to future history?"

Yeah, I have to ignore the entertainment bs, and LOTS others to keep sane. Haven't watched television for years...

But what is the point, as burntheships mentions, for monsanto in a perpetual battle with nature? They will always be catching up, and their 'scientific conclusions' will most always be found incorrect since their trials are limited in time and ecological scope.

Is it just about money, control of food supply (power along with money), or something else?

What a sad place we live in today =( Thanks for your time

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I think about Monsanto, i prevemt you that it sounds crazy. Monsanto is not testing food. We are the real experiment. They test the effects or their products on us, an agenda is going on. The target consist in modify the human being. Yeah, told you it sounds crazy.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Its not really crazy, we are DNA factories. Each one of us has our own, its a blueprint
on how we are strong, and vulnerable. They have vaccines that can sterilize,
making one infertile.

Monsanto was founded in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1901, by John Francis Queeny, a 30-year veteran of the pharmaceutical industry. thearrowsoftruth.com...

Yeah, a pharmeceutical industry veteran, messing with the DNA in plants...
what could possibly go wrong?

Wheat and Corn, that is all bread and tortillas, cereal. Corn is in everything
as Corn oil, corn starch, corn syrup....

Then Canola Oil, Soybean Oil....its a massive DNA onslaught.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Every time a living organism consumes another living organism, splintered fragments of the tissues DNA might be assimilated into the 'eater' by various biochemical processes.

I am not sure this is news... but it seems to never be mentioned until it's too late, and many people are sick.. or carry something inside them that nature never put there.

I find it most notable that despite the fact that there is now, and has always been, enough food to feed the human population, we have contrived reasons why "it can't be done."

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I'll tell you what I think about Monsanto, i prevemt you that it sounds crazy. Monsanto is not testing food. We are the real experiment. They test the effects or their products on us, an agenda is going on. The target consist in modify the human being. Yeah, told you it sounds crazy.

Ok, sounds like an interesting theory. I can agree with ongoing tests, as science can not provide statistical validation real time, or 10+ years in the future after the product is FDA approved.

However... Modify the human being? How? In what way and what for?

Corn / HFCS is in most every major processed product that I see nowadays.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Every time a living organism consumes another living organism, splintered fragments of the tissues DNA might be assimilated into the 'eater' by various biochemical processes.

I am not sure this is news... but it seems to never be mentioned until it's too late, and many people are sick.. or carry something inside them that nature never put there.

I find it most notable that despite the fact that there is now, and has always been, enough food to feed the human population, we have contrived reasons why "it can't be done."

It's the first time I heard about it in this detailed way, though I have heard "you are what you eat" -- and I believe in that one

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
you know what - wittnessing the blind anti monsanto hate and paranoia - both here and elsewhere " sabotage " seems more and more plausible

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
you know what - wittnessing the blind anti monsanto hate and paranoia - both here and elsewhere " sabotage " seems more and more plausible

What is one to do? Blame biotech companies like monsanto, blame the FDA, blame USPTO?

I think we're past blame and it's up to individuals to make a difference, I just don't think there are that many volunteers.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

In my opinion, their current target is making us vulnerable thru a weak inmune system. Monopolize health.

Probably their most ambitious goal is something still considered today science fiction. Body transplants.

GMO food is just a tool.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not if you apply logic, logic says that the GMO wheat contaminated
the fields, seems they have been testing GMO wheat now on and off for over 13 years.

Of course, logic is scary as there is no emotion involved. If you want to foment,
you must accuse someone of a scary emotion, just as you have done.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by burntheships

In my opinion, their current target is making us vulnerable thru a weak inmune system. Monopolize health.

Thats a win win for them too, Monsantos poisons, Pfizers so called treatments and 'cures'.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Now, Monsanto is even calling into question the USDA testing.
How ironic (back room talks coming soon on this)

Federal investigators looking into the rogue wheat are "certain" their testing is accurate and the plants are Monsanto's strain. Researchers at Oregon State University, who ran the first round of tests, said the implication that the results could be wrong is off base.

"It's kind of making it sound like, 'We're Monsanto, we know how to do the test and other people don't,'" said Robert Zimetra, a wheat breeder at OSU's Department of Crop and Soil Science. "What this is showing is other people do know how."
www.oregonlive.com...

However....

A spokesman with the USDA's Animal Plant Health Inspection Service, which is conducting the investigation, said Monsanto provided "the procedures and methods" to confirm that the plants were the specific strain, known as the "MON 71800 event."

Monsanto

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

I don't think it's as much "sabotage", but it's no surprise monsanto is still testing their wheat. The previously tested and denied strains of wheat were rejected, yet still propagated, could mean a case of cross-pollenizing, or perhaps "test" seed genetics making their way to the general public wheat crops used for consumption. I think this is a case of cautiousness, growing into distrust in time, perhaps..

Let me know when you (or anyone) can dig up and post any of the real scientific studies produced by monsanto which earned federal approval of their product. I think it's easier to find gold than those documents

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Well, the truth is, Monsanto is still testing GMO wheat,
in North Dakota, and Hawaii, started in 2011!.

One of the issues I find continuously with the GMO discussions is the "lump it all in the same bucket" argument.
Here we we see it again.

The Oregon strain is the MON 71800 variety.
The other ones mentioned are different. So while nobody, not even Monsanto have ever said that *all* wheat testing has stopped, (and the tests of the others are on public record, as your articles link to), the "bad news" of a few weeks ago is about MON 71800.

Analogy: Using your argument...
The Ford Motor Company claim that they stopped making the Edsel in 1960.
But records reveal that they were still making cars as of 2013, so it looks like "business as usual" for them.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Now it has come to light that Monsanto actually resumed testing of their GM wheat in 2011

"It has now come to light..."?
It was always public knowledge for anyone who bothered to ask.

1. Your own links, if you bother to follow them back to the original sources, show the testing.
2. A google search shows:
A press release from Sept. 21, 2012, showing Monsanto was collaborating with North Dakota State University (NDSU) on a wheat breeding program.
3. A google search shows:
A pdf document from mid 2012 regarding the status of wheat GMO trials.
4. A google search shows:
A news article from May 08, 2011 about Monsanto wheat trials
5. A google search shows:
A news article from October 04, 2012 about Monsanto GMO wheat trials.

...and there are more, but the point is made.
The basis of this thread, that the current Monsanto trials are secrets that are only now being revealed, is simply false.

There are many things that Monsanto should be crucified for, but keeping wheat trials secret isnt one of them.
Its about time that anti-GMO protesters started attacking the actual issues, as opposed to bogus ones.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Now it has come to light that Monsanto actually resumed testing of their GM wheat in 2011

"It has now come to light..."?

This is the statement Monsanto gave to the press:

The process for
closing out the Roundup Ready wheat
program was rigorous, well-documented
and audited.

www.monsanto.com...
So they closed it out, did they?
According to Monsanto

top topics

<<   2 >>

join